1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Nomad Lt?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by WiT?, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

So I was about to rant about how wrong you were until I double checked I realized yea, it totally does as long as there are no other legal targets around them.

My advice stands about the fiday and speculo though.

#21 Tom McTrouble, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    loricus likes this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Camo tokens are not legal targets for Speculative Fire.

3. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

It does as long as there is no other valid target under the circular template. A camo marker is not a valid target for Spec. Fire, but, it will be hit if the template placed over another target covers it (Spec Fire does not have to be centered on it's target).

Edit: This is something important to remember when placing the Intruder's Jaguar buddy.

4. Tom McTrouble

Dammit you got to me before I could change it.

wellspokenman and loricus like this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If we all put our heads together I'm sure we can find a solution.

Rubberpiggy and Solar like this.
  6. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Hey, it's a mistake experienced players still make at times. Placing a Zondbot or Koala within 4 3/4 inches is easy to do if you aren't being careful.

loricus likes this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah you can't target a camo marker with a HGL

Also I don't believe the meta is shifting towards that. HGLs are difficult to make work, and all come on TAGs, which have their own set of weaknesses.

8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

THE meta isn't but A meta can.

9. Tom McTrouble

I would agree, at the same time I think it has become more common to see 5 man links with LGLs, especially in data tracker missions. I definitely have a personal bias against the intruder Lt though. I just think it is such a waste of points unless the mission is specifically Decap or something similar.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Some sort of NERD meta I suppose

loricus likes this.
  11. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Interventor HD+ all day, every day. If you start - Cybermask and you're safe. If you go second hide him on a rooftop or somewhere difficult to reach. Going through entire Nomad army is pain - more so if you must go deeper to reach LT. do not worry about enemy KHD's - you suckerpuunch em most of the time like a pro, and even if hit - big chance to pass the test. I love this guy. Use him a lot - always does the job. Also Cyberkams/White Noize/Remote buff for free (LT order) is sweet.

redeemer likes this.
  12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

If his meta is grenade heavy, going on a rooftop won't be of any help

13. nazroth

If his meta is grenade heavy then his opponent would have to go through his army first, then speculate dumping more orders. I call it a win. If his meta is HGL heavy then dayum what N2 meta it is - all the better. Also - can't grenade a cybermasked Interventor, so it is even more secure in some of the games. But in all seriouusness - if his meta is grenade heavy to a point where he's afraid of it - cause reasons - then Brigada BS LT parked prone on a rooftop, behind some cover is grenade-unkillable, being two wounds, high dodge chance. Just to overkill potential grenade-addicted opponents. This would be building against small meta I guess, with not much use on a big event etc, but yeah - might be good in a close enviroment.

14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Luckily most of my current list ideas can support a 1 SWC tax for the alguacile Lt. Him and a decoy come in at 1pt more than a single wildcat.

Regarding the grenades, I see way more Montessa GL, Hunzakut GL or linked GL than I do the TAGs. But the TAGs do show up and man I hate losing to them. The HD+ Lt dies so hard to this type of assassination unless I have an enclosed room handy (rare).

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Admittedly I just pay it a lot but Gecko Duos make it pretty easy to support with 100 points for 0.5 SWC.

16. nazroth

@Arkhos94 Forgot to add strategy vs Impersonators.

If you go first - usually 'whatever', cause if Impersonator ends up deployed alongside your LT you just take him out. Order expensive, but better than loosing LT. Alternatively you smoke your LT and evacuate him, while leaving palbots, 8pts. remotes and other stuff to cover Impersonator - best if you can block his way out.
    If you go second, you usually deploy second and can keep LT as reserve. You deploy far away from the threat. Trying to keep a sassy unit to counter Impersonator in reserve is a bad idea - if he goes first you rather won't be able to counter it.

17. bloodstone

bloodstone Member

This works until you're facing Saladin or an avatar !

18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

WIP15 is still a good option. And if you can force them for Impetuous into your DZ then it significantly increases the odds they fail.

19. nazroth

Any LT option sucks against Saladin and Avatar, regardless of stratedy you use ;)

20. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

Don’t forget about the Marut. The joy of knowing that a tag and three proxies remain to be placed.

E-Warden and loricus like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation