1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrigedor: Possible Improvements

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Del S, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Wildcat AHD is the best one in Corregidor, and she has served me well many times. Notably she once locked down two Hsien the Wildcat Spitfire next to her then killed, and she's also bagged me a pet Sphinx!

loricus likes this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

SS2 AHD mixed with keeping Moran gives Corregidor a unique if not overall as good hacking to Vanilla.

Almost any AHD will prevent a HI from entering your hacking area even if it was 12 WIP while Stealth prevention does stop new guys from entering your hacking area. It's one of the strongest additions to hacking.

Having Bandit be the only KHD to add to the hacking network stinks though.

Nicklz likes this.
  3. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Risking a 25 pt model for another 25 pt model is a questionable trade. Risking a 25 pt model for a 40 pt model that is part of a link is worth a shot when you are rolling 3 (edit: 2) dice. The saving grace here is the 2 wounds, but with Maestro proliferating, that is far less of a plus than it was 6 months ago.

As I've said, I wanted to like them. Probably more than any other Infinity model I've played. I just didn't. I've done better with every other link I've taken in any faction. I'm going to try them again in StarCo, but, in my opinion, in CJC they just weren't worth using 2/3 of my points and SWC on.

#123 wellspokenman, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I'm not disagreeing because I don't use them either but almost any reasonable tactic is smarter than the KHD route. When that fails you are wasting all the orders leading up to it as well.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I see you and raise you a KHD with Maestro and Deflector 1 [emoji14]

Oh, if you do try it without Maestro don't roll 3 dice: use Redrum. It's an awful lot better in pretty much all circumstances (Dogged and NWI hackers being the exception).

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

You don't even want to attempt it with Trinity, the lack of MODs makes it substantially worse in this situation than Redrum or Skullbuster.

Taking a Zero as a fairly standard Killer Hacker:

Skullbuster vs Brain Blast with Deflector L2 gives:
    37% to wound the MB (including 7% chance for Unconscious) vs 30% chance to take the Zero Unconscious.

Redrum vs Brain Blast with Deflector L2 gives:
    36% to wound the MB (including 22% Unconscious) vs 27% to take the Zero Unconscious.

That's poor odds for the active player when you're spending Orders to have a good chance of killing your own trooper.

Maestro is on what, 3-4 units in the entire game at this point?

inane.imp likes this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

This is why I just drop an HMG almost nothing defends against that. Except bloody Grrls who gave them Blitzen?

inane.imp likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Scylla, Bit, Kerr-Nau, & Danavas (AVA2), I think. Technically you can see all 4 (5 with 2 Danavas) on the same table...

As for the Brigada (or Riots!) team... I think I'd try and Oblivion the leader (if not the Hacker) even if the hacker were to die.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

That's a pricey risk for an under 50% chance to even hit.

10. wellspokenman

The assumption is that they are trying to lock you up with pitchers (CA), or they have Skirmishers in place. Placing a mine that will catch part of the fireteam and then moving into 8 to take on the hacker is a common tactic for any fireteam where I play.

K.

Maestro is in every CA list right now.

This entire thread has been moving goalposts and I am getting frustrated now. MB don't compare well to some other links (mostly Frenzy), but apparently we can't compare them for reasons. They're boring, but that's somehow a feature not a bug and justifies paying 2-3 points more. The Hacker is amazeballs as long as you assume your opponent is using a 21 point Zero instead of the 20 point Interventor KHD which can stack a -9 on a Hacking ARO (through the Panda) putting you on a 4, meaning they can pretty much just keep trying it till they kill you because you are just going to reset (on a 7 v their 9 with 2 dice). We also have to ignore the possible presence of Maestro, which 2 factions and a sectorial take regularly. I already gave the caveat that this is partially my inability to play them properly. I don't know what else you want. You are not going to argue me into liking Brigadas.

Barrogh likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well yeah, but breaking the fireteam would fall this into the great risk/great reward alley. Also, the Tinbot imposes penalties to the attacker roll, it the target doesn't FtF (reset, counterhack, gun...) then it's a straight PB roll. I would prefer if they go near a repeater, and have to face several hacking ARO, of course... But not so many factions can deploy a surprise Repeater (from marker state, that is) as ARO (Guilang can...) outside of Nomads.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@wellspokenman The only point anyone is actually disagreeing with you on is that KHD is an efficient counter. It's just the one thing.

Even if you like the tactic I would argue they're still better protected against it than most HI links.

nazroth and xagroth like this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Less "like" and more "it might fly". Specially if I have a camo that can ARO by deploying a repeater without dying *shrug*

And yeah, few HI links (Haris or Core) carry Deflector Tinbots (-3 or -6 to enemy's WP rolls), that grants an extra layer of protection. Mind you, the Mutta's Jammer ignores that (by being a Comms Attack, but not a Hacking Attack!), which is more an argument about how broken those are.

14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

My Camo has an ADHL no one better be giving mine free AROs.

xagroth likes this.
  15. wellspokenman

KHDs are not an efficient counter if they don't have Maestro or Lightning, if you've paid the SWC for the Tinbot and that model is still alive, and if you are still in a 4-5 man link so you can't get suprise shotted. That's a lot of ifs. We are also leaving out EVO supportware & coordinated hacking. This is on top of all the other HI weaknesses like Jammers and E/M weapons. Each thing might be it's own corner case but they add up, imo.

Also, it was my impression that people were arguing that the Hacker makes a Brigada link worth taking. Whether or not taking on a model with "Hacking ODD" is worth it or not is, just like regular ODD, dependent on which model you are using. Not all KHDs should try it. Bandits for example, would be better off dealing with Brigadas in a different way. However, simply discounting the existence of Interventors, Barids, Scylla, Bit, Kerr-Nau, & Danavas because they don't fit the argument is poor logic.

#135 wellspokenman, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@wellspokenman The Hacker would be what makes them worth taking. It just falls short.

edit:

wellspokenman likes this.
  17. wellspokenman

@loricus

Your discourse has been rational and respectful. You are not the reason I am wound up. I am wound up however, so that is enough internet for today.

Probably.

loricus likes this.
  18. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Except 2/5 of the link can be dropped by KHD, with impunity. Good luck hacking Riot Grrls, especially if there’s a Moderator providing Fairy Dust. :/

19. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

KHD ignores Fairy Dust because it installs simple Firewall.

20. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Could you point me to the Riot Grrl you’re able to hack with the KHD?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation