1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Dear lord! Infiltrating Jammer? That would make the Heckler own his name!

Also, that female Securitate with the scowl! I wasn't going to get Tunguska, now my Willpower roll seema to be waivering towards Fail...

loricus likes this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

That's why I'm just buying it. Even if I don't use them they could make more Alguacilles or something on StarCo. And maybe they'll be useful on Vanilla.

inane.imp and Danger Rose like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

They're easy Brawler or CSU proxies. Hell, with Securitate that good I may hold off from buying Govads as Brawlers for StarCo.

I'm hoping for a 15pt 0SWC Lt option, which is a good alternative Lt in Vanilla.

loricus likes this.
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah but it would be tough to miss out on LFT on the Lt. for 4 points. Especially if you buy a decoy, 8 pts to get a free hit when they pick the wrong one getting them out of your DZ is pretty positive.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

I'm more likely to pair it with a non-Lt Interventor. That 4pts is most of a Morlock, which I find more useful than a LFT. And 8pts is a CRAP Morlock, I'd happily trade it for LFTs on my Lt and decoy.

6. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

This is something that has always intrigued me, I had seen it even in the old forum in some topic, why Saito for Tunguska? Can you give me some info?

7. inane.imp

It would have been one of the many Tunguskan speculation threads. Short answer CC + Smoke + assassination piece in a faction that otherwise wouldn't have it. And the fluff fit well enough to work.

Speculation also has a tendency to profile re-use rather than proliferation of new profiles.

Raoul fills a similar place (albeit not precisely the same).

8. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah, its just a guess, since Nomads do have smoke and Tunguska is the TO part of Nomads, it just makes sense. From a fluff point, it just makes sense that the most Yakuza stil unit in the game is part of Tunguska.
    Also in Johnny Mnemonic, there is this Yakuza killer, and lots of Interventor style hackers, so it just makes sense to pair them in this sectorial.

9. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Id need to look but for some reason I remember there being a fluff piece with him doing a hit for Tunguska

10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

What made you come around on the Jammer idea? I recall you not thinking it likely a few weeks back.

I'm standing by the Jammer idea by the way. I think it's both logical and balanced on the Heckler.

There seems to concrete indicators that he at least has a Hacking profile, but I suppose Hacker and Jammer don't have to be mutually exclusive.

11. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Yes, would be awesome but my interest was about his BG, is there anything that connects him to Tunguska?

12. mothman

The description of the Heckler as an area denial unit, we already have alot of those with Morans, Lunkhods and Taskmasters and I dont think they would do it again by just giving him Koalas. He didnt have any funky mines on his profile either. Im also making assumption that being area denial units they will get either forward deployment or infiltration as you will be wanting them to ARO (with their short range focus weapons)

The Name Hecklers would suggest doing something to high performance units, disrupting rambos by putting them off which to me makes me think hes packing either an upgraded assault hacking device, A jammer or one of those fancy EM2 templates.

Ambush camo + infiltration + E-marat or jammer could be pretty powerful,
    With a choice of a khd or an assault hacking device

Heckler
    Combi rifle-KHD
    Red fury- assault pistol
    Boarding Shotgun- Assault hacking device

Though they would be even scarier in vanilla if you hide them near zeros pretending to be a minelayer camo maker.

barakiel and nazroth like this.
  13. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

I think Ambush Camo would be a bit much to let Vanilla have. Nomads can already damn near own the midfield. Did I miss something that indicated they would get this?

14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It was mentioned they're getting some kind of area denial role I think. Unless it's Koalas or Minelayer again it will be something new to Nomads.

15. wellspokenman

I wonder if Neurocinetics would be considered area denial.

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah. That would be pretty dang weird.

17. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

I think it'd fit the bill if it came with a 360-degree visor and a Red Fury.

But that strikes me as pretty unlikely given the presence of what looks to be a Boarding Shotgun profile.

18. wellspokenman

An infiltrating burst 2 BSG would still be interesting depending on the rest of the profile, but with Tinbot Cs, Neurocinetics doesn't have to be profile wide.

yojamesbo and loricus like this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The Chaksa Auxiliars already have profile specific Neurocinetics anyways.

Cothel and wellspokenman like this.
  20. mothman

Neurocenetic killer hacking device

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation