1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Fluff - Perception, Reality, Desire

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Devrailis, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Yu Jing had its sovereignty definitively, undeniably violated, but put the interests of humanity above its own immediate rights and interests... for the true interests of Yu Jing are not the petty power plays of territory and corporate concession, but the survival and triumph of humanity. Once again, the StateEmpire stands high above all petty, corrupt rivals as the true leader of the Human Sphere!

Dragonstriker, xagroth, Fyeya and 3 others like this.
  2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

But Kwang Shi only exist in Yu Jing. It tells you what is acceptable for the Regime. And it's the Regime we're talking about; no the people who follow orders, but those who decide that it's acceptable to parade political disidents as human shields. The dame people that will have no qualms in bombarding "Enemies of The State".

I did not read it that way. What I saw was a Mayor Operation against Yu Jing, one of unprecedented proportions and with the help of several Intelligence Agencies, that used the Media in such a way that Yu Jing wouldn't look good no matter what it did.

I found that Sun Tze sumarized it best when he said it was a war on two fronts and Yu Jing couldn't afford that. No single Faction can pick a fight the the whole Human Sphere and win. Noticed how the Combined hasn't really launched a full scale invasion? Even the EI threads with caution and avoids forcing Humanity to unite.

A Mão Esquerda and Flipswitch like this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

alright assad calm down

Danger Rose and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

In our world this may be true but not in Infinity. From the Flamestrike fluff

If one nation can occupy another nations territory one that is vital to its colonies and it do not end with war clearly they opperate differently than the nation states we know.
    Oh and that is not a singular case

What no war against ALEPH Nomades clearly they did not want that ship and before you say that this was just a single ship remember that it only took a single ship to start the NeoColonial wars.

Here again we have the invasion of Yu Jing territory but not all out war... hmm maybe Yu Jing is able to show restraint or at least wait till things are in our favor. Again you may say that is just small stuff but remember one of those orbitals probably have a population grater than the Falklands Islands.

AdmiralJCJF and Danger Rose like this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

That's stupid tho. Yu Jing should by all rights be preparing a full Red Dawn kinda bullshit.

Actually, that may be what happens to Acon instead of anything CA related.

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

(Whoops, mistake post. Ignore.)

#1266 Hecaton, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I would take Assad over whoever is in charge in Yu Jing right now.

At least Assad has ONE ally. That's more than Yu Jing seems able to manage.

Flipswitch likes this.
  8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Other than the Aleph units with the new CBL division ofc. :)

9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, it's happened to other powers in the Sphere before... which folks seem to keep forgetting...

Danger Rose likes this.
  10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Aleph, that trusty and reliable partner.

I'd rather entrust my flank to a bunch of Gakis, at least you know wtf is up with them.

Hecaton, Flipswitch and BenMoss like this.
  11. Hecaton

Seriously. You wonder what those girls are up to? What they want? Well, spoilers, they're hungry. It's in the name. Want them to be happy? Give them food. They're scheming? It's so they can get more food. ALEPH? Who knows what an entity that cares not for food, let alone sex, really wants? It's like the problem of a eunuch's motivation that Littlefinger points out in GoT.

xagroth likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Why would Yu Jing pull out of Paradiso? they do not fight for O-12 they fight because they control half the planet, what? leave because a coastal city (partially submerged now) and a forward defence base is in the hands of Japanese troops? they fought over the planet to control it 3 times during Neocolonial wars, they will not just leave for a city and a fortress....

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Hecaton

It's bad writing, then. O-12 is written like an all-powerful entity that everybody thinks holds some sort of unimpeachable moral authority. Like the ultimate nanny state. The fact that Yu Jing doesn't defend itself against this kind of overreach is... strange. And it's also strange that it never seems to get used against PanO in the same way.

14. Hecaton

Because it would force O-12 to stop killing their people and blowing up their materiel if they wanted Yu Jing's help defending the sphere. As it stands YJ's being bent over a barrel.

Dragonstriker and xagroth like this.
  15. Saintrangers

Saintrangers Member
    Warcor

Did you know that in 1923 France occupied the Ruhr, German territory because Germany kept defaulting on repayments from WW1. During this occupation 130 civilians were killed by the French for passive resistance, let alone an uprising.

My point is that humans do this shit to each other over and over and over again. Some people up rise or rebel, the entity that is threatened uses excessive force, rinse and repeat. The fact that CB have included this in their fluff is pulling from human behaviour from throughout history. Uprising’s are bloody affairs and if YJ had acted like oh well never mind, live and let live it wouldn’t demonstrate any stakes. You can dislike the fluff or feel hard done by I guess but this shit happens all the time.

Also go read the fluff and tell me which faction doesn’t have skeletons in their closet your just seeing new ones being made. Ariadna basically treats dogfaces as slaves, Tohaa are shady as shit and Pano are currently crushing Helot uprisings of their own. Factions being horrible is part of the fluff, because that’s how human nations behave.

xagroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  16. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

This pretty much answers both posts:

PanO won all the campaings.

It gets used in the past fluff, but that is kinda like ancient history, or at least feels like that. Nobody feels about the Neo Colonial wars, because they didn't happen while they were playing. Nobody gives a fuck about Svalarheima because SPOILER, CB wont release the sectorials required to fight over it until 2020-2021.

On the other hand, people feel about Ko Dali, Flamia, Toni, Wotan and Uprising because they were there. They saw the change. Nobody cares about how PanO failed at conquering Hong Kong, because nobody played that. People did play the whole Flamia Fiasco.

What's written matters... very little, what matters is what happens on people's heads.

The problem people have is that they took the faction with arguably the most visible skeletons, put the machine in place and made a godzillion more.

Dragonstriker and xagroth like this.
  17. Saintrangers

Saintrangers Member
    Warcor

read the rpg book and tell me the other factions are not equally shady

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If only Yu Jing did not give them weapons, through Nomads I think? then they would be simply happy (oppressed) aliens.

Now we have to murder them.

Em leave half a planet territorial gains, fought three times over, for some minor things? and some perceived "injustice" from an organisation they used the exact same way for their own benefits several times in the past?

Sure makes sense.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Read my post. I wrote it, you are answering to it, so read it.

I did, at no point, say that the other factions aren't shady.

I pointed out that what people are objecting to is turning one of those shady factions full evil.

Hassassins murdered the rector of the Qebec university with the Haqq government's authorization, Yu Jing's Imperial Service turned multiple cities into mass graves.

There's people telling me these two things are somehow equivalent and that these two governments are equally shady.

Dragonstriker, xagroth and Kallas like this.
  20. Hecaton

That was after Germany had lost WWI. The political/military situation is incomparable. But, let's not forget that revenge for how Germany was treated was part of the motivation for Germany's aggression leading up to and during WWII.

Dragonstriker, xagroth and Kallas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation