1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Fluff - Perception, Reality, Desire

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Devrailis, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The way the article that they said *would* address our concerns was written came off as demeaning and disrespectful, as well.

2. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Basically another jsa sales pitch

Kallas, xagroth and Dragonstriker like this.
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's rough, considering CB's habit of poaching designs from other works.

Dragonstriker and Triumph like this.
  4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Poaching is OK, but replacing original stuff with homages is a bit of a bad trend. Seriously, the Raiden was one of the coolest uniforms ever designed for anything ever.

xagroth, Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  5. Extropian

Extropian Active Member

I’ve been giving it some thought, and have decided to shelve my Infinity for a while.

Ultimately whilst losing access to a bunch of my models (and I don’t have enough JSA to run them as a seperate faction, so I HAVE lost that) is very annoying, I think the bigger issue is that CB have handled this terribly.

I don’t expect an apology or anything else at this point, because frankly I really don’t think they care, at all. They want that sweet, sweet anime cash in money, and they want it more than than they want happy vanilla YJ players.

Ok...they are a business, so I get that. But it feels an awful lot like another company or two that made similar arrogant moves and angered their customers. One is gone, the other is currently trying to rebuild its community goodwill with a new CEO.

I don’t expect anything so dramatic to happen to CB, I should stress that. But for me I am just very disappointed in general with the entire thing, and have lost a lot of enthusiasm for them game. So I’ll take a break and see what happens over the next year or two, and maybe come back later.

On the upside my buying, painting and gaming schedule just got clearer for my other games so there’s a silver lining ;)

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kallas and Dragonstriker like this.
  7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

If only the company in question had made any attempt at defending their decisions at all.

Aldo, Eldritch, Kallas and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dragonstriker

Nail, meet hammer.

Aldo, Kallas and the huanglong like this.
  9. Dragonstriker

A million times this.

the huanglong likes this.
  10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Thanks CB, I at least feel like I exist again with these CBLs. Even though I the average vanilla list is better, they are much better lists than the last round (that's a low bar to clear though).

Dragonstriker, Aldo and Hecaton like this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It was hard to make worst CBL lists than PanO's. Then again, the fluff goes into the "The Emperor authorizes us to do anything to get victory!" So expect more war atrocities from YJ, that will certainly cost political capital.

Seriously, the fluff reeks so much to the nazi SS I feel nauseated. And I used to have dinner while watching CSI's autopsies.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Smells IJA to me, all the way down an Emperor signing some really grim-dark stuff (except in that case at the Emperor's own initiative, rather from troops acting with impunity).

Dragonstriker, Section9, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I wrote several times "the emperor is with us" and "for the emprah!" by mistake. So yeah, too grimdork.

the huanglong likes this.
  14. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

It is tough, and could have probably been written a different way to come out hands-down better, but it DOES give us something to desperately cling to. I'm not sure I want to weave a supportive argument, since I think CB should be publishing content that does this job, but here we go.

The idea "if others fight without honour or morality, Yu Jing must do the same, deploy Shield Division!" could, if you like, just be hyperbolic propaganda. Or it could be authentic... Yu Jing has tried to follow the rules-as-written.. sure they've been sneaky at trying to take over the Sphere, but even the Qingdao Report just details the StateEmpire and its intelligence agencies buying majority stakes in strategic Human Sphere corporations. That isn't breaking the law, that's exploiting the law and the market to gain an advantage. Likewise, if you look at the pre-Commercial Conflict state on Dawn, while PanO sought advantage by claiming the antipodes were selling them mining rights, Yu Jing was gaining its claims through the legal authority, the O-12 Colonial Commission. Even the Outrage manga doesn't have Yu Jing lie or invent or do anything at all illegal, their entire effort is to catch PanO violating their territory to carry out an assassination, and exploit that.

And yet, in Uprising, the powers of the Sphere interfered deeply in Yu Jing internal affairs. PanO committed acts of war and was not censured. The Japanese Kuge sacrificed their own soldiers and civilians, carried out brutal acts, and yet the Maya media talking heads can only speak about how those war criminals were righteously rising against oppression.

In that context, the Shield unit is notable, exceptional, and understandable. They aren't typical of Yu Jing. They are the response of a state that has actually BEEN the honourable, moral actor this whole time accepting that no one else is playing the game with these self-imposed restrictions. This is Yu Jing taking the gloves off, and now being a moral equal to every other power in the Sphere.

15. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

@Shiwen that's a pretty good take on things.

Now I would like to actually see it in the fluff, rather than it being an inference...

Dragonstriker, Devrailis and Shiwen like this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It's a sink costs fallacy. "If we are dammed let's us be dammed for REAL" is a very individualistic take on a bad situation that a country cannot allow itself to fall onto. It also further alienates YJ and Human Sphere, takes out the CA element, and essentially begins a process that will end with the CA's victory. Unless Plot Armor makes the CA into incompetent stupid alien overlords, that is, in which situation we go to the disbelief that such morons could establish a galactic empire. Then again, it would explain how Tohaa has hold fo so long against the full CA's might...

Section9 likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am not sure the international support of Steel Wall on October 24th means it was not enacted in October 4th with the approval of O-12.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Stop playing with language. It was stated that the Iron Wall was running for 20 days without O-12 approval. International support was not mentioned.

If you want to present another POW there, I want verbatim quotes from now on.

Dragonstriker, Hecaton and Kallas like this.
  19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's like watching a flat earther trying to figure out how to justify what they're saying. Truly fascinating sometimes.

Dragonstriker and DFW Ike like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Cool, but I do not find the "without approval" in the book, I might missremebering or passed it a few times.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation