1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview with Gutier Lusquiños!

Discussion in 'News' started by mauriciorjbr, Apr 19, 2018.

1. mauriciorjbr

mauriciorjbr Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Karmano, Zinho, Nemo No Name and 18 others like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting text! The age of video interviews is a bane to me! (Is that a sign of getting old? Am I getting old? I'm getting old.)

3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

4. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Interesting...Vanilla is by far the most played, except for PanO and Combined.
    Haqqislam outshines its Sectorials by a large margin, which surprises me.
    Also a surprise are the numbers of Ariadna...they are a little low.

Also its a shame, that youd have to be spanish speaking to work for them. Maybe I should consider spanish classes^^

5. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Muito show! Parabens pela entrevista. Fico feliz em ver que estao promocionando infinity no Brasil.

Karmano and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. BenMoss

BenMoss Well-Known Member

I think he needs to take another look at those numbers with respect to his response about Yu Jing and their position as the second hyperpower (mostly as he's not taking account of JSA splitting)...

T8
    PanO - 1222
    Combine - 1022
    Nomads - 976
    Haqq - 967
    Ariadna - 887
    Yu Jing - 741
    Aleph - 710
    Tohaa - 584
    JSA - 266

T9
    Nomad - 305
    PanO - 301
    Combine - 275
    Ariadna - 229
    Haqq - 222
    Aleph - 214
    Yu Jing - 185
    Tohaa - 138
    JSA - 92

Also worth considering is that from those T9 values there will be a number of vanilla Yu Jing players who shift to JSA further lowering their representation though I doubt they will drop below Tohaa (but will probably cement a position below Aleph).

And that's before the remaining Yu Jing player's got alienated by the way that Uprising has been handled so in the short term it may well drop below Tohaa...

Zinho, Dragonstriker, xagroth and 4 others like this.
  7. PauloCavalcanti

PauloCavalcanti Intruder

Great Job Maurício. Always good to hear from Interuptor!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Many thanks for the interview, it's always nice to get some insights direct from the source!

@BenMoss That particular answer definitely dodged the meat of the question, since the Narrative pdf doesn't really have anything to affirm Yu Jing's '2nd place superpower' status (of 7 non-cover pages, there are zero successes for the StateEmpire and 4-5 failures depending on views of the dismissal of general Aoi Tanemura), and the read on the numbers was definitely based on the pre-Uprising state of affairs. Now, maybe CB is right and what we see as something that is going to cause a big drop will end up just a blip, time will tell. Hopefully when someone gets a chance at an interview in the wake of the summer campaign/end of this ITS season months from now, they'll ask a follow-up and we'll see if perspectives have changed.

9. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They'll probably dodge the question again.

Dragonstriker, xagroth and Superfluid like this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Consider that T8 numbers are 100%, while T9 is more or less about 60% (eyeballing the % here) because of the time we are at. Also, I think this season there was an "empty month" after the Interplanetario? Can't remember, frankly, but I'd swear a season started late (this one or the last).

Yeah, that fluff was from before the "timeframe" the Narrative Guide covers (I think it starts on Flamestrike, which was the first move in the lore since HSN2. Yes, the Dire Foes had more fluff, but it was not placed in any temporal line until the Uprising book).

I'm more of a fan of Podcasts. Need to fill that hour a day I have to walk between home and work (and the other 90 minutes on the train&tube. I added the whole transport time, though, so it's more like 80-90 minutes in total each way).

11. Mahtamori

It's audio that bothers me. Reading is more efficient, I can skip parts I don't like or don't care about without searching for the next segment. Audio requires a lot more attention than I need to give to text.

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well the problem with most podcast is that people just improvise, throw screams then whispers (because they move around the mike, or just get excited), and essentially produce a 3-4 hours long audio of uninteresting wasted sound with some pearls inside. So I understand (and share) your position.

Barrogh and Abrilete like this.
  13. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Try reading text while driving or painting.

Melchior likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Hah! I don't listen to text while doing those, either. My brain blanks them out or getting side tracked in association games - and I just can't follow what's said.

Pierzasty likes this.
  15. Zinho

Zinho Active Member

Obrigado, Mauricio! Bom demais, jovem!

Guys, I still think YJ does not perform as a great power in the human sphere, and now with them having just 1 sectorial that's gonna be more evident.
    I was really hoping for a full sectorial release, not closed lists... let's wait until Interplanetary/GenCon...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation