1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Druze Bayram Security Observations

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Reece, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The Duo can't be more than two models; the point is, rather, that she can pretend to be either Scarface or Cordelia for the purpose of forming a fireteam.

Savnock and Abrilete like this.
  2. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Nope. Scarface / Cordelia can Fireteam duo. They cannot be in a 3 member fireteam. Gromoz can substitute one of them in the link since she can be a part of any link, but cannot add to the link.

Just like she cannot make a fireteam: Core 6 members.

chromedog, Hecaton and Abrilete like this.
  3. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

Cordelia + gromoz BFF

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Soon on Maya adult channels.

What I like is that between MSVs and ODD the sectorial doesn't lack some hi tech. They really have that "corrupt PMC" vibe.

5. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

That would be a very bad move, as there's enough convoluted rules in our game without adding any alternative versions of existing ones.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The two version of Scarface and Cordelia (and the two versions of Sforza, for that matter) also have different names, for what it's worth.

chromedog likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah... one word of difference XD. Miranda Ashcroft, however, seems to use the same name for both versions.

At least now I know which set of remotes to buy for my extra S3 ones...

8. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Just thinking of some goofy stuff with the link teams, technically you can have a 5 man "Druze core" with only 1 normal druze in it
    [​IMG] Druze Bayram Security
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] DRUZE HMG, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] ARSLAN MULTI Rifle, Light Shotgun / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
    [​IMG] CLIPPER DRONBOT Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)

5 SWC | 132 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Wyrmnax likes this.
  9. Wyrmnax

Or no Druzes...

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] ARSLAN MULTI Rifle, Light Shotgun / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
    [​IMG] CLIPPER DRONBOT Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] BRAWLER Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] BRAWLER Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

2 SWC | 106 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I don't think that one's valid.

The options are:
    2 Druze + up to 3 Brawlers
    1 Clipper and/or 1 Brawler + Druze

So no Clipper if there's a second Brawler.

momo234, xagroth and ijw like this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd place a KHD Druze with Valeria as protection, plus the Pitcher being fired at Burst 2... Granted, you need a Kameel close by, but you can cover a lot of ground with those repeaters (since you can deploy them at different places), making infiltrating hackers suffer a little (precisely because of that SS2...).

For me, the best option for a Clipper core would be this:
    [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] BRAWLER Ingeniero Fusil + Escopeta Lig. Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] CLIPPER DRONBOT Lanzamisiles Inteligente / Pulso Eléctrico. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Disp. de Hacker UPGRADE: Expulsión) Fusil Combi + Pitcher / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] DRUSO Hacker (Disp. de Hacker Asesino) Fusil Combi + Pitcher, Cargas-D / Pistola Viral, Cuchillo. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] ARSLAN Teniente Fusil MULTI, Escopeta Ligera / Pistola Viral, Cuchillo. (0 | 36)
    2 CAP | 120 Puntos
    Abrir en Infinity Army

Or, if the Specops extra is avaiable, placing the Brawler Specops as Engineer + medic + 2 increases on WP and Hyperdinamic N1, with a free point (because it's quite likely you will want to dodge some templates if inside of a Fireteam, and you already have to spearpoints with the Clipper and the second druze).

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Whooooops forgot to look at the new cost.

Pricing it up makes sense. Fireteam: Duo getting rid of Frenzy negates Scarface's major downside. It's also thematic that when someone kills his sister he's going to fly off the handle (assuming he's already taken someone out by then too).

That HRL is super useful too. Steel Phalanx for example has a lot more to fear from Scarface now.

13. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

The Anaconda's weapon (HMG) can also be taken in a Druze squad which would be firing at BS15 B5 DAM16, whereas the army lacks close-in bully units like Scarface. With Peacemakers around to extend hacking protection bubbles in the midfield for no order cost, plus a flamer and heavy shotgun to cover flanks, I'd say Scarface is also protectable enough to move forward where he's useful. He's the most useful of the two TAGs if you had to choose, IMO. And with a better Engineer than a Brawler thrown in to boot.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say that the +6 is a combo of changing the Panzerfaust for a HRL (+1 burst in active!) and getting the Duo, also note that Cordelia got the Duo for free.
    And of course, there is that little fun fact that others can use Scarface's Duo option (Valerya, for example).

You are forgetting that the Druze hackers got pitchers too, and while linked they can fire 2 pitchers at once (and like smoke grenades they don't need to go to the same place), so you really can saturate all the middle section of the table with repeater coverage! Sure, you need a Kameel close by, but...

15. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I know, Ian, I still think it's unnecessary to have 2 very similar profiles for the same unit in two different armies.

Many newbies feel intimidated by the amount of rules in the game already, which is a shame, as the game is still imho the nest on the market.

16. Vain

Vain Active Member

Hang on...I was thinking you needed to dump the Smoke in the same area...but that is really only true if it was an ARO isn't it?
    Dayum!

xagroth likes this.
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Nope, wasn't forgetting that, I was talking about the zero-orders options. Very useful in a single-group army. A forward repeater or hacker that's already good to go is nice to have. Pitchers are great, still an order to get them out there (more if you miss and have to reload).

Best approach is probably both, since you need to have a hacker anyways and the pitcher comes for free. This is a great toolbox faction, really looking forward to using them.

18. larbo

larbo New Member

Surprised there's not much mention about the X-visor Fatality P1 panzerfaust with total AVA for 25 points.
    What more do you need ;-)

19. Wyrmnax

Its one of the first things that caught my attention too. No SWC panzerfausts on things that are pretty good by themselves are a very nice deterrend to anything. Any crit you hit on ARO is gonna be costly.

All Druzes are a bit on the expensive side though, so there is that. But answering " What does that line infantary have again" with " a Panzerfaust" kills a lot of plans before they even begin.

Deltervees likes this.
  20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Not really, the standard response is the same. Stack mods as much as you can, let loose with superior burst, and pray to the dice gods. But then, I'm so use to playing Pano. lol

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation