1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remotes in fireteams

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Stiopa, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Now that the Druze/Clipper mix hit the battlefield we know, that remotes mixed into fireteams are a possibility, even if most likely a rare occurence.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that PanO is the prime candidate for this kind of setup. Which remotes would you like to see attached and to which fireteams?

Personally I think the prime candidates are Pathfinder (mobile recon) and Mulebot (support for units that can run out of ammo). Sierra, Bulleteer and Peacemaker are pretty obviously out of the question, Fugazi and Clipper - I'm on the fence with them.

As for fireteams: Bolts could make good use out of both Pathfinder (dealing with camo, marking targets) and Mulebot (never run out of Drop Bears again!). Teutons (they really need that fireteam back) could use the Mulebot as well. Bagh-Mari with Pathfinder (or Clipper for heavy fire support. Regulars with Clipper...) could be an interesting team, too.

Todd, Thandar, Harlekin and 2 others like this.
  2. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Why does this have to be limited to existing remotes? Give us an awesome new S3 REM with those distinctive PanO abilities! (MSV2 and Mimetism, duh).

I’m only kidding, but a new class of REM that integrates into some NCA fire teams would be super neato. I’d be leaning towards something utility based as opposed to combat based - our lists generally don’t lack in killing power. Number 2, Sensor, deployables (either mines or drop bears or repeaters), Baggage, TR Combi like the mulebot option, stuff like that.

Stiopa likes this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So what?

Screw PanO.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Blah blah blah, ideas and PanO do not work together apparently.

gregmurdock likes this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Oh and enjoy versatile/interesting/tricky/totally_unique/totally_not_nisse Kamau ^^

6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

No question that Pathfinder would be great. Sensor and link bonuses are fantastic.

I also wouldn't mind seeing something that doesn't just capitalize on the 5-man bonuses. I heard a rumor from a while back that Invincible Army will have Baggage Bots that link with some kind of field support trooper, which is pretty cool. I'd like to see Fugazis that could link around a central infantry unit, giving Burst 2 Flash Pulses and great efficiency for Repeater coverage or Sniffer deployment.

If we're wishlisting though, bring on an Aquatic REM with non-lethals that links with Kamau or Echo Bravos.

And honestly, just having the Clipper configuration for any PanO configuration would be awesome. Whatever it is... Acon Regulars, Kamau, Fusiliers, anything that can form a respectable long range link would love a BS18 Burst 2 missile launcher that's shock immune and repairs easily.

Mikes likes this.
  7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I think mixing REMs with a Bolt Link would help reduce the high cost of the bolt link. Pathfinders + Bolts would be great but even basic Fugazis would be awesome for reducing the high cost of bolt links.

Either that or Orc + Bolt haris would be great as well.

Cthulhu363 and Harlekin like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Guess who do not have engineers in their links (or engineers at all except for 1 obligatory "have it and go play classifieds" or other half naked chick impostor).

gregmurdock likes this.
  9. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

None of this will happen and ideas for other armies will continue to be poached from the PanO forum.

10. barakiel

I understand. I don't think you need an Engineer to be in the link to be effective (and honestly, that's an extremely, extremely powerful thing to give to Druze Bayram) but a Clipper in a Fusilier or Kamau link would still be a great tool.

Stiopa likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I'm not saying it won't be good/fun/nice.

I'm saying becouse of that it won't be in PanO.

Seems PanO used all "invention/creativity" which was given to it recently when the disastrous Kamau reveal had happened.

On top of that CB updated army and Kamau still have a bug allowing them to take LGL in english version ^^

Srsly I need to bring vanilla PanO to tournament with both lists (LGL in english, HRL in spanish) as just big "fuck you" as per rules if list is "army legal" noone should be able to invalidate it ^^ (and this bug is well known and long overdue to be fixed)

(suck it up PanO!)

12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

In this case, the suggestion in the PanO forum came after the concept was already being playtested inside CB.

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well obviously I don't have any inner knowledge about CB internal schedule and workings but first mention about it seems to be done at least in April 2016 which gives us more than 1.5 year (which on it's own seems like proper time for play testing or just before it started).
    ( link reading how it was worded it seems that idea wasn't new at that time

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/...nrumors-thread/?do=findComment&comment=850883 )

Which still does not explain why PanO seems so "feature" poor, or how disastrous Kamau "release" was.

Plus another "unique" unit given to another faction (CSU - not very upseting in terms of any "meta power analysis" but leaving but taste and making NCA even less special/unique).

On top of that new Merc faction having access to "special" PanO drones (again, making sense from lore perspective for which PanO itself is so lacking, making sense balance wise (also Clipper ML)).

I don't even want to start with Bruiser-Bolt comparison of Combi+LSG vs Rifle+LSG.

I really hope that CB did indeed put at least a bit of thought into Varuna to make it distinctive, but current "totally not nisse!" opening is leaving rather bad taste.

#13 eciu, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  14. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Pan-O Upper management has decided that current REMs are not up to snuff so like their tags have sold them all to Nomads(replacing current ones with all REMS getting +1 more BS) look forward to Securitat+bulleteer link teams

15. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

what like 2 years ago?

16. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

I think the sensor bot would be a really good addition to almost any fireteam. My Bagh Mari would take one in a heartbeat. I'm actually thinking that allowing it for attack remotes would be a little too powerful. A BS 15, burst 5, Marksman, ODD bulleteer would be disgusting.

barakiel likes this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Actually "BS18" if you throw an marksmanship on it.

(which is accomplished by Joan in link team but for FAARE more points and without additional -6 swing back for opponent due to ODD)

18. barakiel

I like the Pathfinder inclusion a lot. It's a shame that it wouldn't be able to really combine link bonuses with Triangulated Fire, but Sensor and a BS17 Combi with Shock would be fun.

Perhaps best of all, a lot of PanO's popular links either have a cap on AVA (Fusiliers) or are incredibly expensive (Knights.) Adding either a 6th linkable body or a cheap linkable body in REM form would be great.

19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I have some doubts if 2 Magisters and 2 Hospitallers should really have an access to Pathfinder drone. Discover on 22 (without negative mods) seems bit problematic (although MO usually suffers when trying to discover things)

20. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Peacemaker without auxbot linkable with montesa knights?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation