1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadly Dance w/ Szalamandra - Vanilla

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by SN0flux, Apr 16, 2018.

1. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

Hey Nomads,

Looking to build a list for an upcoming casual game of Deadly Dance. I've been squarely living over in Bakunin, but I saw this as a chance to finally pick up that beautiful new Szalamandra model and get it on the table. I'll be going up against Haqq, so I assume he'll have the Maghariba Guard scorpion TAG.

Since this is a quadrant control variant, is AD Hellcats worth it? What about Infiltrated Zeros with the deployable repeater, or Assault hacker? I'm less familiar with some of the vanilla troops outside of Bakunin, but i know that the Moiras and Riot Grrls aren't necessarily worth it without the link bonus from Sectorial.

This was my first list attempt, and i'm not tied to it at all save for Szally. I've got to spend some time looking over the units again.

[​IMG] Deadly dance
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

So in any kind of quadrant control and especially DD, morans are pretty valuable. They are inherent infiltrating repeaters for your interventor to work with and are great area denial units. My first move would be trying to fit 1 or two of those in. If you need to cut units, the first things I would go for would be the daktari and alguacile FO.

SN0flux likes this.
  3. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

I haven't used Morans before, I'll take a look!

I agree the alguacile FO can go; wasn't too sure on what to bring in for cheerleaders and I liked the idea of the deployable repeater, but it sounds like the Moran can do it better. The Daktari's main job was going to be sitting by the Intruder in case he takes a shot, but I'm wondering if the 40 point ARO piece is worth it when I want those points up the field.

4. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

For the bigger TAGs, I favor a Clockmaker & Zond over a Tomcat. To get maximum use of a Tomcat you need to hug the board edge more than you usually want to with a big TAG. In this mission specifically, you want to keep high point models in the center of the board so they can move to where they are needed easily. That will make it difficult to get your Tomcat to the TAG.

I second Tom's advice on the Morans. The repeater coverage will threaten your opponents TAGs and getting your Szally possessed is a lot less damaging if you can shut it down in ARO via repeater.

I'd also consider bringing a KHD. The Interventor is good for this because she is cheap, scary, and comes with a Fast Panda for even more repeater coverage. A TAG is a juicy target and your obvious LT is going to be exposed due to all the repeaters. You're going to want something that can make your opponent pay for going after them.

#4 wellspokenman, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Tom McTrouble and loricus like this.
  5. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

How does ARO with hacking work? Can my hacker(s) ARO hacking attempts at anything within friendly repeater range? I usually run against one opponent exclusively and he's never really done hacking, so I only have experience on the offensive. Any good explanatory guides out there?

6. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Don't use a second group with 1 troop on it. If you are going in with 11 orders, drop down to 10 and 1 group so you can't get that order removed by command token if you have initiative on round 1.

Interventor lt is risky, because it is very likely that the enemy will have a KHD on the field. And haqq has one of the best repeater coverages in the game due to cheap pitchers / infiltrating deployables. So it is very likely that your lt will be a target for assassination.

On the same page, you likely want a KHD, because the enemy will have a AHD in the field.

The intruder sniper is.... well, I don't really like it. Yes, you need something to handle threats you don't want to be facing with the szally, but I do not think a sniper is the right option, because said threats will be long ranged or they would have been outranged by the szally anyway. I would look into a spector for that job - either bsg or the emauler/combi profiles look great at that.

Morans are fantastic as they can do both area denial through koalas and repeater coverage, but I would definitely not bring them in a list with a hacking lt where the enemy is almost guaranteed to have a KHD on the field. Particularly since the enemy has access to disposable 16 pt KHDs on barids.

Rubberpiggy and SN0flux like this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Hackable troops generate an ARO when they are in one of your hacker's hacking range, so their own ZoC and an 8" bubble around friendly repeaters. If a hackable enemy goes within your repeater range all of your hackers will generate an ARO. You can declare hacking attacks with that ARO.

SN0flux likes this.
  8. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

It looks like the Intruder Sniper and Tsyklon are trying to serve the same purpose in my original list. What about switching to an Intruder Lt and swapping the tsyklon for the spitfire? Lieutenant with Camo for a bit more survivability and protection from assassination. Here's another preliminary list. You guys are helping quite a lot. I'm thinking about things that I totally overlooked at the start of my planning now.

[​IMG] Deadly Dance 2

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] MORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] MORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] SPEKTR Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If they're serving the same role why are you switching both? Now neither have the purpose.

10. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

I can swing the Tsyklon back to the Feuerbach at the cost of the Zondbot, but then I'd have my Clockmaker following the Tag and leaving the remote on its own. Is 2 Morans overkill for this? I could swap one to switch the Tsyklon and get a Jaguar with Adhesive/Panzerfaust.

11. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

How aboot:

[​IMG] Nomads──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90) [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()[​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)[​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)[​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)[​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)[​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)[​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)[​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)[​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)[​IMG] JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)[​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) 5.5 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

SN0flux likes this.
  12. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I just want to jump in and give some alternative advice. Generally I like to keep my Salamander away from the center of the board. The middle of the board exposes him to a larger dead zone for his -3 and +0 bands then if you were to run him up either flank and school enfilade across the board. Being near a flank also give you easy access to the tomcat (and you can use your tag to block Los to a landing zone).

You give up easy access to all four quads, but it's easy to kill things on the other side, and generally less risky.

Personally I also like intruder snipers. I take them about as often as I take the hmg. The range bands and extra aro/coordinated order hitting power can be very useful. The different guns make them very different units. The MSR isn't the same active turn killer, it needs to keep models at length. Both Excel in different board situations.

Here are two Sally lists I've had a lot of success with (or a close varient there of). Not specifically designed for this scenario.

[​IMG] Rescue

[​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG] FrontLine

[​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] SPEKTR MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

[​IMG]

natetehaggresar likes this.
  14. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

I am somewhat concerned running my Sally up the sides of the table, my opponent has frequently taken the Bazouks in other matches. Having never fielded a tag myself before, It seems a touch risky to play the edge. BSG is B2 at 14 dmg, Sally has 8 arm. Two of them could take out the big guy with a touch of luck.

I guess you could say the same with most units/rolls though. Thanks for the suggestion! More to think about. You're right, since Tags deploy with FD1, we're both a touch up the field where the range bands can matter quite a bit.

15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use that, tbh.

The HMC has a superior range to the MULTI HMG. If you hang back a bit, you might be able to destroy the Maggie outside it's good range, then move forward into zones.

natetehaggresar, loricus and SN0flux like this.
  16. natetehaggresar

LoL I have no idea what that means. I suppose you disagree?

First remember I said generally. Second I find it easier to protect myself against models when they spend a whole long skill walking on to the board. I can shoot them if they land in front of me, and someone else can shoot them (unopposed) if they land behind me.

I'm not a fan of the tag in middle of the board suppression fire strat, I think there are a lot of ways for a cagey player to counter it. (It's not my plan A, but again sometimes it's the right play).

17. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

It's more that they enter the field with Holoprojector L2, which the correct one needs to be discovered as they walk on to avoid surprise shot. Can always roast them with the Flamethrower after they declare.

#17 SN0flux, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. natetehaggresar

You can flame halo echoes before they are discovered. It can be harder guessing which is the right ones if you can't hit all of them. Also they have to pick which quadrant they are landing in during deployment. They can't react based on where your tag is.

Plenty of ad can mess up a tag badly, but bashi are not the scariest, especially if you support your tag with aros watching her butt.

19. SN0flux

SN0flux Member

I'm a bit less familiar with the Holoprojector rules. You can template blast them all as they come in? I thought holoechoes were the same as camo, where the Discover check is required before shooting.

20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

No they don't have the ARO restrictions Token State does.

natetehaggresar and SN0flux like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation