1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human-Sphere Wiki - One Year In

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Phlyk, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

The Human-Sphere wiki was first made public a year ago today as a way of gathering together dossiers, logos, patches, background and pictures for all the different troop types in Infinity in a structured way.

AS it's the first anniversary, and things are hopefully going to calm down a bit post-Uprising, I thought I'd put up a quick post about how the site is doing and what the plans are for the future: http://www.lead-rising.com/2018/04/a-year-in-human-sphere.html

If you have any thoughts about what you'd like to see included, or about anything in the post then I'd love to hear from you. :)

2. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

It's a great resource, thanks for your efforts! :smile:

I linked the site in a past thread, and expressed curiosity there about its status (for example, much of the fluff appears to be somewhat-rewritten directly from the Core books) can you explain that to us?

3. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

Thank you, and that's a really good question. I don't know how long you have been playing for, but on the old version of the Corvus Belli site there used to be a comprehensive miniature catalogue with fluff for most of the units. This was eventually taken down and for a while there wasn't a proper online gallery (although we now have a catalogue on their home page again). Fortunately, @Pierzasty saved a lot of the unit fluff entries in an excel document. It's this document that was the original source of the fluff on the wiki.

On top of that, I've copied across relevant fluff from the new online catalogue and from various officially posted articles (such as for Toni and the Alive Group) to fill the gaps I had before, and overwrote older versions of the same fluff where it seems to have been significantly updated/reworded. Occasionally I've kept the older fluff if I've personally felt that it read better or that it included interesting information that was later omitted. One thing that CB seem to do quite often is reword their English fluff so that it reads a bit more naturally, as some of the earlier entries can suffer from somewhat awkward translation. In some cases I've put both side-by-side if they are very significantly different (such as for Sun Tze), merged the old and the new to some extent (such as the Avatar) in order to make a cohesive whole. or fixed typos and grammatical errors. In that sense, I've tried to curate it in a meaningful way.

The fact that some sources pre-date the books, some have been updated after the books and a minor few have been manually edited means that it can seem very close to (but not quite the same as) the text in the core books. However, all the fluff on the wiki though was made publicly available by CB at some point in time.

I hope that answers your question. :)

4. Quill

Quill Member

I've just been looking at this for the first time, and I think you've done a fantastic job creating this wiki, it's a really good resource. In terms of feedback, last known profiles might be cool, just for interest or if people want to play homebrew proxy missions with troops from the 'past' of Infinity's timeline. But regardless, there's cool content already. Congrats on the first anniversary!

Phlyk likes this.
  5. Wolf

A good informative explanation thank you, but I'd actually meant in terms of whether CB authorized it or not. If it's still a pirate effort that you've built in the expectation that they're probably happy to ignore, I'm inclined to think you're right, but wonder if it might be worth approaching them directly for permission - it's a really good resource. :smile:

6. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

Many thanks! I think last known profiles are going to make it in, so people can fulfil their Exrah/loyalist Ko Dali fantasies. ;)

Ahh, I see what you mean. You certainly haven't been the first person to ask this! Don't worry, I sent a pitch to CB and received permission for the site before starting work on it. As long as it isn't being run for profit and I'm not copying out book-exclusive content then all is well. :)

chromedog and Quill like this.
  7. Wolf

Good to hear both that you’re covered, and that they’re happy for you to continue!

Phlyk likes this.
  8. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Any chance we could use this wiki as a tactica similar to to what others have done for other games? Under each unit description, I can envision a small piece of advice including common uses for the unit or popular profiles. How do you feel about this?

Your wiki is fantastic as it stands, btw. Well done!

9. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

This is an unrelated tactics wiki fwiw
    https://infinitythetactics.com/Infinity_Tactics_Wiki

oldGregg likes this.
  10. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

Double posted.

#10 Phlyk, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

There is indeed. Not only that, but there's already a link at the bottom of each unit and faction page directing you to the relevant page on the tactics wiki! Eventually the tactics wiki will also link back to Human Sphere.

Whilst it does mean that the info is split between two sites, at least the individual pages won't get too bloated. :)

oldGregg likes this.
  12. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Solodice, Section9, Mahtamori and 3 others like this.
  13. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i wanted to say thank you for also having a page for the starter boxes, i was just wondering about it (as i'm at work and my starter box is at home and my memory is not good).

Phlyk and oldGregg like this.
  14. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

What happened to the wiki?

No updates in a long time.

It’s such a great resource

Alfy and LeeroyVinland like this.
  15. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

archangeleong and Barrogh like this.
  16. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

To me it has been helpful to decide whether or not enter in the Infinity universe

Because of that, I was thinking to help and update the wiki, what do you think?

17. archangeleong

Please give us public access to update it :-)

LeeroyVinland likes this.
  18. Ashen_Seeker

@archangeleong I've sent a mail to the admin's adress asking if it was possible to help updating since, as of now, it is quite outdated/missing in content and also because of its usefulness to "initiated" and non both.

In thruth it is possible to edit it without permission (since it is a wiki).

I only asked out politeness.

19. archangeleong

it would be nice if we could all update it as it is great resource.

20. Ashen_Seeker

Strangely enough, it seems it is all locked and cannot acces/modify without the administrator authorisation (which has not yet answer)...

such a bummer

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation