1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unseen Weapons of the Human Sphere (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Del S, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

[​IMG]
    Some alternate SMGs, two Bullpupped ones and a Boarding Shotgun front-grip. Banana Combi-Rifle for scale ::stuck_out_tongue:

Interestingly, it seems there are no Yu-Jing SMGs yet. Wu-Ming are the only actual YJ unit currently carrying them (even the old JSA units didn't actually have any) so the YJ SMG is another missing weapon, as is the Pan-O variant :slightly_smiling_face:

The discussion @Solar and @stevenart74 had there reminds me of two little laments: Lack of bullpups in general in Infinity, and the lack of anything that seems to be top-fed like the P90, helical drum like the PP-19, or both(ish) like the Calico. I think maybe the P90 style might fit Pan-O, and the Calico-style could work for Yu-Jing.

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, always remember that most of the weapons being used by ALEPH and the Nomads are PanOceania manufactured.

So we HAVE seen a PanOceania made SMG.

Just not being used by the PanOceania military.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

This is incorrect. The Wu Ming box includes a separate SMG which attaches to the back of chain rifle guy.

4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

So there is...

...it's not bullpup.

One job, guys, one job.

5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Its also the same SMG as the ryuken I think.

6. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

As for P90 lookalike, there is the "Reverse Engineered Xenogun" of A.L.E.P.H., their take on Plasma Guns. . .

That weird gun (that appeared first in Hector Dossiers) that is basically a Fabrique Nationale S.M.G. (slightly enlarged) with an oversized "Silencer" and a weird Drum-Cylinder of "Mini Bottles" (much like the Yujing Spitfire) and seems to me more of a Grenade Launcher Hybrid than a "Infinity Blaster". . .

@Del S , excellent work on the Nomads S.M.G., I rather prefer the third of the serie (the Bull-Pup seems to be a little too "Narrow Compressed") but rather than a true handle-grip from the Boarding Shotgun then I would have ported the "Heckler & Koch MP5 Kurtz" styled strainght handle that could be found on Ariadnan H.M.G. as it will give quite the feel of a "Space Maschinepistolen". . .

As for the Police S.M.G. goes I would also add a mini-torchlight to the fore-grip and a Lasersight / Red Dot Reflex on the upper rail. . .

Many of the Guns of Infinity have very weird "Iron Sights", or Tactical Scopes put in wrong places (so that shooting with the weapon braced on the shoulders and the Eye following the End and Front sights, or looking INTO the Scope would be ALMOST impossible, or ungainly !!); such placements that would sense JUST are true the hints that the more Advanced Helmets / Cybersights of the more Hi-Tech Factions (Nomads, Pan-O, A.L.E.P.H. and JUST the Elites of Haqqislam and Yujing) would have a "Cybernetic Smartlink" that would made a better innate aim. . .

Could swear to have seen some very good art with a "Holographic Crosshair" some inches over the usual setting, but honestly I don't remember if it was "Official Concept Art" from Corvus Belli Artists, some "Artistic Interpretation" from the R.P.G. Manuals of Modiphius Games (where there are some "contradicting issues") or totally Fan-Made Non-Canon Stuff. . . . .

7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Those look great! I do like the foregrip one though, looks very cool. The second bullpup looks ace too! Presumably the grip shroud would also work as somewhere to put your other hand as well.

Maybe the extendable stock would work for them too, so the main weapon is all small and compact, but that's just very minor trimmings.

8. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

I had no Wu Ming available, so I had to rely on the concepts. Good to know there was already a existing model for that.

9. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Incendiary Grenades.
    Plasma Grenades.
    Viral Grenades
    Plasma Mines.

10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Hm, doesn't Haqq Spitfire use something that looks like what you are looking for?

11. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

Practically speaking, I don't understand why nomad weapons are not bullpup.
    I know that they're not so useful in open field, but since nomads fight also/mainly on ships and space stations, and bullpup are definitely useful on close quarters.

I would totally use a kriza borac with dual boarding shotgun (and full auto to make all interesting)

12. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The practical reasons for using a conventional layout are:
    Shell cases/ejector ports prevent ambidextrous features. This one is more or less gone in every new bullpup rifle already with clever design, but with caseless ammo it will be entirely moot.
    Training to a common manual of arms. The weapons of most factions seem to follow a similar principle, in fact some of them are hard to tell apart at a glance, even before the sub types of weapons are considered. The benefits of this are that in a pinch anyone trained on how to use say a marksman rifle can be handed a boarding shotgun or an HMG and even if they aren't great with it, they'll at least know how to use it. That might seem obvious but I've seen first hand a guy that had done 10 years in the British army trying to reload an airsoft G36 in the stock on reflex, and one guy who'd played only with AKs search for a whole minute trying to find the magazine catch on an m16...

The point about bullpups not being useful in the open is more or less just wrong though, the longer barrels in the same overall length give higher muzzle velocity and greater accuracy than a standard layout of the same size. The training issues are the reasons why less countries are likely to use bullpups in their military services, most NATO and Eastern Blok nations adopted their first "modern" rifles at a time when bullpups had major teething problems, so they had thousands of troops already trained by the time bullpups were a viable alternative...

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation