1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the process and conclusion of "backdoor" improve your Infinity experience?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Plebian, Apr 3, 2018.

?

How do you feel about Backdoor

1. I have a favorable opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. I have an unfavorable opinion

63 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. I have no opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. I do not know what that is

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

All of that to My mind, puts more weight in the idea of making the Challenges an option for ITS the same way Limited insertion, Soldiers of fortune or Spec Ops are. When a campaign rolls around, the campaign missions should include the narrative module as a default for the 'right' way to play...

The other thing about making it an option, a fair and balanced reward/penalty isn't necessary every time, the narrative mode can have things like tags all cost 1swc less and it doesn't matter if Ariadna win that meaning its practically useless or if PanO can now field 3 tags in one list, because if people don't like it, then they can just not use it...

daboarder and inane.imp like this.
  2. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Still catching up.
    Actually you’re being really insulting.
    “You YJ players who just lost a sectorial and then lose one out of two characters remaining in your entire faction, the most recently added one, the only one who is human, are just bad players who are shit at the game.”
    Fuck you.

#222 Dragonstriker, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I think the Tl;dr of this thread is CB fanbois gonna be happy whatever, competitive players don't enjoy screwing with competitive balance even marginally, and pretty much everyone would be happy with a Infinity Narrative System that allows CB to play with the meta through narrative shifts alongside the Infinity Tournament System that's designed around competitive balance.

P-Chan, Andergdet, daboarder and 2 others like this.
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I make decisions that hinder winning so I guess I'm not a comp player. I would really like a narrative based thing like this but I don't think the attempts have been very good. Paradiso was closest but was mechanically too bad to work around. This was better than the territory control things though.

Trying to do both at once might be hard to please either groups.

5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Comp doesnt need to mean "im going to take the one list to rule them all

It can mean "This is what I want to run and I'll damn well make it work" thats how I often do it

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Then I am or I'm not it doesn't matter much. Sometimes there is an attitude that comp players have the last say on things like balance and you shouldn't butt in if you aren't serious enough and in those cases I don't apply.

7. inane.imp

Honestly, my POV is that if it's fun but not balanced that's cool. You just restrict it from 'pure' competition play. SoF is like that: I don't think even in it's present incarnation it's at all balanced, but it can be interesting (so long as you're not going to run into a spam of Joan + trip Warcors).

I've literally taken an unpainted force to a Tournament that had actual tournament points for how well your army was painted. But the tournament was billed as a bear a skittles event (and had done other things to screw with the meta, like allowing hackers to push buttons through repeaters). It was huge fun; but certainly not balanced.

8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I've never met a human that can balance a dice game.

inane.imp likes this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Racist

oldGregg likes this.
  10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The last time you called me racist it was genuine so I'm not sure what to think.

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

... so lets stop while we are ahead...

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It was a joke, don't worry

loricus likes this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If you're concerned about/from me everything is fine. No one is arguing with me.

Solar likes this.
  14. inane.imp

Yes we are [emoji14]

now

loricus likes this.
  15. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

that is an interesting way to read me saying over and over again that I am explicitly not saying those things. thank you for your input I guess?

16. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Let's just see if we can't save something from one of the more uplifting moments in this thread.

Quite contrary to your accusation @inane.imp, the exchange between myself and @Andre82 demonstrates the best spirit of this game, and of internet forums in general.

The sequence shows he and I making jokes with one another, and at one another's expense - despite the fact that the only thing we really know about one another is that we play the game differently with regard to a well-known rules interpretation (which is presumably why you rushed to condemn my posts), and this is an important thing to realize.

Because it should be obvious that we were using humour to obliquely demonstrate trust, mutual respect - despite our differences; and maybe even a little affection too! I genuinely laughed out loud (in a crowded coffee shop) when I read his hilarious comeback, and I hope he enjoyed mine likewise.

What I learned from the exchange is that with @Andre82 and I would have a great time playing the game together - even though he wants to play it slightly differently. Thus your remark is demonstrably mistaken. It's unfortunate that you didn't (want to) share our jokes, but we can hope there were others who did.

#236 Wolf, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    MeVz likes this.
  17. inane.imp

Oh I see... next time I imply that you're violent I'll make certain to indicate that I'm joking ;)

Am I doing it right?

loricus likes this.
  18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Or you know, they were saying its just a game and you could maybe spend your energy figuring out how to continue to enjoy said game with the absolute plethora of options available rather than yelling FUUUUUUUUU at random internet strangers or the "company". Particularly about changes which, in the grand scheme of your life are pretty temporary.

But whateves, you do you.

19. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Some sort of dedicated ITS-centric news feed that keeps people up to date with what's happening and whats might be going to happen would be useful... and since CB loves doing everything in-universe, present it as warcor field reports. "Suspicion is falling on a sinister Tartary colonel after reports from..." etc.

What we got was some occasional bar graphs with no clear idea what they meant.

themadcelt, Wolf and Hecaton like this.
  20. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

...Like, say, an in-character twitter? Like happens with the Aristeia characters?

Leviathan likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation