1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese spamswarm

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Section9, Mar 30, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The IT is looking at several solutions atm, I hope we get a definite result soon.

2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Today only a Korean so far, with messages about massages. Translate at your own peril.

3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Ooh, a K-massage. Possibly from a K-pop star? One of the Nine Muses? or one of the girls of Blady? Or, Squee!, maybe even one of the Red Velvet singers?

Were they chosen to perform for Kim Jong-Un because Red Velvet is also a type of cake?

Image Search: "Kim Jong-Un cake" for the memes. Ah, you get it now.

This would be a North Korean Spambot you saw. Contracted out by the Russians.

#43 Red Harvest, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    jherazob likes this.
  4. Mob of Blondes

Thanks @Red Harvest , now we know Kim Jong-Un is seriously into Infinity. Tactical Cake!

[​IMG]

He really knows about the important details.

5. Mob of Blondes

Yesterday, Koreans (dunno if looking for cake like two days ago, didn't waste time translating or reporting). Today, Koreans (massages again). Chinese got the achievement and moved on? Or appeared at work after lunch (too trashed by the celebrations)? Could they be more varied with the spam topics at least?

6. Red Harvest

Not looking for cake. These are from Park Geun-Hye, former South Korean president, offering "massages" in exchange for political asylum. She's looking at a lengthy prison term.

She should contact Vladimir. He has a thing for women of a certain age :D Maybe not mention the massage part. Vladimir seems like quite the haphephobe.

7. psychoticstorm

Working on it

Shiwen and toadchild like this.
  8. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

This round seems to be namedropping Canadian universities and... trying to cheer us up? This isn't Yu Jing bots at all, its protoALEPH trying to reunite humanity in the wake of Uprising!

Kahlain and jherazob like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

Don't know what they are, they are pacified for the moment, if you spot any stranglers please notify me.

10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

11. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

...Oh, that's an unfortunate typo.

But yeah, seems they're still coming.

12. Mob of Blondes

[​IMG]
    "Estamos trabajando en elloooooooo, hemos dedicado tiempo ayer y hoy por la mañana a trabajar en ello exactamente." and then the invasion.

And in the attachment problem too, let's hope. Picture is a link, attach failed in similar fashion than previous forum, or worse, just criptic "The following error occurred. There was a problem uploading your file." not even a number for reference.
    Edit: Only 5 months and it broke too... that's under warranty, right?

#52 Mob of Blondes, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  13. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Why did we all cry when CB were going to close down the forums again?
    Chinese spam or JSA shills, it’s all the same. Fuck that noise.

14. Red Harvest

He asked about stranglers, like Albert DeSalvo or Angelo Buono or Kenneth Biachi, not The Stranglers like Hugh Cornwell or Jet Black. And really, you should have linked to "Something Better Change".

Best LP was Dreamtime (Yes, I am cool enough to own the vinyl. Et toi?) Best song... Hmmm? Peaches, or Skin Deep. Maybe Strange Little Girl. There are so many.

Holy Cows. ¿José María Aznar? Who needed sleeping pills with him around. Cuanto me aburr... zzzzzz

It looks a mix of Chinese and Korean. Schools where one can learn Asian Business Massage?

15. Mob of Blondes

More Chinese diplomas and Korean massages. Could CB put a notice asking for other spam? I need higher variation of samples, the "AI" is fed up of univ papers and weird tickling. What about Russian language... offering bear pets? Or something Western, like blue pills? African princes with banking problems?
    Maybe you need some cups to stay awake?
    [​IMG]
    Shouldn't he carry a different weapon for the invasion? Also bad trigger training. *tsk*

jherazob likes this.
  16. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

This is exactly the same pattern as in the other forum, a bot creates accounts and starts spamming garbage in asian languages immediately. And just like before, restricting new accounts is the way to stop it. The forum software is spanish, i bet there's no problem convincing them to do the same kind of plugin to stop this that exists already in a bunch of other free software forums.

17. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Through the power of quantronics Yu Jing is spamming us back in time for writing them into such a crappy situation. The only way to appease the swarm is with new models.

Mob of Blondes and jherazob like this.
  18. jherazob

Now that you mention it, i think it's even the very same spam as in the old forums, i wonder how long until we also get the spanish one about fake passports...

19. Mob of Blondes

We have some Korean users, tho. And the now and then "what did you write in the miniature/wall?" problem or the funky unicode art. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And as you remembered later, we could be seeing other kind of spam anyday.
    The forum software company looks to be UKish.

There have been multiple proposal that tend to work (different grades), some already supported by the forum with minimal effort. Let's recap:
    - ask questions while registering, game related ("name one sectorial") or something generic ("what is two plus seven?").
    - hide posts by new accounts until reviewed by moderators.
    - get more mods/staff with varied timezones (important detail).
    - enable warnings and let trusted users throw enough yellow cards that spammers are sent to the bench fast (minimods or crowdmoding).
    - proper machine learning filter.
    (probably some others I forgot)

jherazob likes this.
  20. jherazob

This precisely why i didn't throw the easiest solution: geoblocking by country. Plus is something that feels wrong anyway.

All of those could work, or even some combination implemented together. The point is that whatever is being used right now (captchas maybe? no idea) is useless against this attack, so something different must be tried.
    If i didn't had so little free time i'd freaking volunteer, "here, gimme a damn shell and i'll do it for free", just to not have a situation like now when i've had to delete 116 "new message in the forum" emails just today, and it's not even 10am yet. And i'd turn on "Remember me" on the login as an extra freebie, everything just to make things less annoying.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation