1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the process and conclusion of "backdoor" improve your Infinity experience?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Plebian, Apr 3, 2018.

?

How do you feel about Backdoor

1. I have a favorable opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. I have an unfavorable opinion

63 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. I have no opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. I do not know what that is

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It would discourage chicanery, that's for certain.

The American community has a different perspective on Logan, and on the Spanish community in general, from my understanding. Everything from dodgy dice rolling to collusion has come up in conversation.

If someone is knowingly cheating with their retreat totals, the problem is definitely the players. Or at least that player.

The thing is, with things being kept secret, there's no way to tell that someone privy to insider information *isn't* gaming the system, and that doesn't inspire confidence. If the system is so fragile that knowing it allows one to exploit it for unfair advantage... it's probably a pretty shit system.

meikyoushisui and Dragonstriker like this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Enough mud slinging especially to someone not here to defend himself.

If you have evidence contact CB at their official ITS email.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

This merits its own thread, frankly, because it seems like there is a split in the community that plays the game, that is not the greatest of things when those communities do interact...

I must confess that the only dodgy thing about my dice rolling right now, is statistics. I have accrued so many 20's in non-ARM rolls (and low rolls on ARM ones) several D&D players have tried to steal my dice this past months -.-

A Mão Esquerda, Wolf and Abrilete like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

LOL yes, I have a fond memory of a player screaming "were is Tiamat I have the dice to slay her" after a particular game.

5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I have a friend whose dice nearly always roll very high... when making ARM rolls. Only when making ARM rolls.
    We haven't been able to find an explanation yet, other than "A Wizard did it".

Wolf likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I have used about 10 different dice over a single game with the same results, so I'm pretty sure it's not the dice... the RNG is angry with me, maybe because I stopped playing MMOs altogether xD

Abrilete likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While on the subject of dice, back in 2003/2004 when I played 40K, I always rolled really well on 4+ rolls. Only 4+ rolls, never 5+ and never 3+ nor 2+. Suffice to say, my Ulthwé Seer Council performed admirably with their 4+ to hit, 4+ to wound, 4++ to save with re-roll. (Non-Black) Guardians with their 5+ all over the place died unusually often, Striking Scorpions with their improved 3+ didn't perform much better than Guardians, so I stuck to Ulthwé.

In Infinity my dice usually come in two flavours; either statistically expected or highs on ARM and lows on hits. It's always fun when Shinobu and Ninjas consistently fail to roll crits throughout a game -.-;;

Edit: Warlocks roll 2+ to wound, which was roughly the same odds as 4+

#67 Mahtamori, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    A Mão Esquerda and Abrilete like this.
  8. Ticio

Ticio Member

As member of the Spanish community I really want to kown what the american community has to say about "dodgy dice rolling".

A Mão Esquerda, xagroth and krossaks like this.
  9. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

This is the thing that bothers me the most.
    You ban units from factions and you adjust game balance, doing that on a whim is not inspiring confidence for a tournament game.
    Annoyingly I already know the counter argument to this
    "Losing a few units won't really effect the game balance"
    With how hard balance is to understand in Infinity I can't very well prove that argument wrong.... and am terrified by the implications that it might not be.

Hecaton, inane.imp and xagroth like this.
  10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

What is that "dodgy dice rolling"?

11. Omadon

Omadon Señor de los Espacios Infinitos

Thats perspective comes from the guy who threw his dices against other dices previously thrown and belonging to the same roll and who insisted that the new result was valid?

Because in thit case is the spanish comunity is the one that can have a bad image of the american community. You know, the both sides of the story.

But I know they were moments of tension in a tense game, and that you can not judge an entire community for one or two isolated events. I've only played once against an American, and it was a wonderful game against Fithavil (Dexter).

A Mão Esquerda, Iro, Ticio and 2 others like this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

People who roll their dice one at a time vex me greatly. Roll them at once!

Anyway backdoor or whatever. I didn't really know it was going on? I feel like it's mostly just a source of acrimony in the community and doesn't really seem to have any positive response, personally I've not engaged with it at all.

Feel like CB could have done this better, but it barely impacts my games at all (if I'm honest, literally doesn't) so ehhh

13. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Interesting. Im going to keep an eye on this.

The season didnt finish yet. So let see what happen.

About the ban, is a temporary ban. I will take place a couple of months until the next challange. Not until the end of the season.
    I want to clarify this, because a read it, and i want to say too that this banned troops will come back to the ITS system with a bonus (like the rule ironclaw) not a rework or resculpt of these profiles as I read.

I take note about the communication to improve for the next challange.

14. Hecaton

Mostly about Spanish players "rolling" by setting their dice down on the face they want it to be. To the point that "No Spanish Rolls" is something people put in tournament documents. Can't really say for certain, as I've never played against anyone from the Spanish community myself, I just know this from tournaments over here I've attended.

15. Iro

Iro Unidron, Dron, Dron, saca los cuernos al Sol~~

My gosh...

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  16. Abrilete

As Spanish myself I have to find those expert Dice-Benders than can set a D20 to the face they want and learn from them.
    Sometimes my dice roll too much and end up on the floor!

Wolf and xagroth like this.
  17. Hecaton

In case it's not translating well, the implication is that they aren't rolling properly at all, just setting the dice down with a little bit of forward motion and claiming they rolled.

18. Abrilete

And, at the same time, they change the dice rolled by the oponent?
    Awesome!

Omadon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

That's... weird.

Not much weirder than what I've heard about the amurricans tho.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Whoa, let's pause the conversation here...

The overwhelming majority of Americans have no problem with Spanish players .

I want to make it clear that there is not a bad perception of Spanish players here in America. As with all tabletop games, sometimes a player will have a negative experience... Americans v Americans, Spanish v Spanish, Americans v Spanish, Spanish v Lithuanian, whatever. When that happens, it's about one player versus one player. It has nothing to do with the country they're from.

Typically, I think Americans are excited at the idea of traveling to Interplanetario and having a chance to play in a new country, against new opponents.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation