1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backdoor proof we should just join CA

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by inane.imp, Apr 3, 2018.

?

Do you think CB has no idea what the community thinks?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    80.3%
  1. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Same thing surely :D
    (i kid i kid).

2. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

I think my main issue with this event is that 2 factions involved suffer no penalties and can force all factions but them to lose. Combined had no threat of losing anyone so wouldn't have mattered if they won or lost to them, same with tohaa. But them winning just has the outcome of "lol everyone loses", the winner should have gone down to the highest ranking human sphere faction.

toadchild, Robock and oldGregg like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

What makes you say this?

I find both Kusanagi profiles useful and well balanced in the right context. Her problems are essentially universal to MI not to her in particular. She has obvious weaknesses but these are coupled with notable strengths.

Sure I'd be surprised to see her in Vanilla, but inside either a Custodier Haris or Moira Core she's superb as the lead, or as a solo rambo once you break the link.

4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Difficult to entirely quantify it, but mostly it just felt like an N2 holdover.

5. inane.imp

"Part of the best Haris in Nomads" vs "felt like an N2 holdover". I honestly don't get it. But increasingly I'm under the impression that your meta is odd (but that may just be Praex.)

6. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

I certainly wouldn't mind Cass getting a bump. Looking at the other factions Nomads do seem pretty lacking in the beefy character department, but her profile isn't bad in Bakunin. Carlota Kowalsky needs a rules rework far more than Cass does.

I was hoping that we see rules to fill that big badass void with Acherontia, the Mobile Brigada that Luxumbra did for their Kickstarter, but that was apparently a tease.

loricus likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The guy running the ITS narrative stuff @HellLois has confirmed on Facebook that they are NOT gone for the rest of the season.

They are also NOT getting profile changes or updates.

There WILL be some kind of bonus added for them when they do come back, as part of the next "stage" of the Season 9 narrative.

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm ignoring the restriction but if she gets a little bonus I'm 100% claiming it lol

9. inane.imp

Actually if Backdoor was an optional add on to ITS where certain characters were banned but others got slight bonuses I'd almost certainly be in the 'no this is a cool way to introduce the narrative into gameplay' camp.

Which is why I disagree with the 'you can always opt to just not play ITS' camp. ITS is CBs 'standard' playstyle. Playing the narrative can be a great extra, but it should not affect the base.

Hecaton likes this.
  10. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

If Kusanagi takes a time out and comes back from the peyote tent with a moderator dire foe spec ops and a new sculpt, I will be ok with this.

11. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

From HellLois in the Haqq topic for this:

"The ban will end on the next challange, in a couple of months. and i read people saying that this troops will get a rework on his profile or even a reculpt, and thats no true.
    They will get a bonus like Ironclaw, rule of season 9."

Golem2God likes this.
  12. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I really, really want a moderator spec ops with sensor and adhesive launcher. That would rule

Rubberpiggy and inane.imp like this.
  13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Moderators being equipped like police would be cool... since that's what they actually do right?

Give them all Stun weapons and ADHLs and all that goodness, not to mention stun grenades and they'd feel way more like a police unit instead of conscripts with guns.

14. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Oh, an aerocam too. I like aerocams.

15. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Or a taser pistol (E/M+Stun), or pepper spray (direct small teardrop, Stun).

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Less lethal weapons are still dangerous give them muffled whistles.

sarf and Tristan228 like this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Moderators are Bakunin police force, they tend to deal with... many things... other police forces would send the army to deal with...

xagroth likes this.
  18. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

True, but in general all this not letal equipment is a bit underused for many security forces on infinity... At least moderators and celestial guard/baos could get stun granades xD

McNamara likes this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Crypto-fascist Moderators are unconstitutional to the anarcho founding of Bakunin. Getting fined for eating people with my crocodile maw is de facto slavery.

An Adhesive Launcher can cause permanent damage and even suffocate. Give them to Mods and you may as well put the barrel in my maw and pull the trigger yourself. I am not going to stop expressing my right to feed myself.

#79 loricus, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Rubberpiggy, Tristan228 and inane.imp like this.
  20. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I guess for now their non-lethal equipment is displayed by Electric pulse, would be great if they`d also have Stun grenades too, like Riot grrls.

Robock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation