1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The eclectical terrain thread of gorkij

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by gorkij, Dec 10, 2017.

1. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

So, yes, well... I do love terrain. To the point I actually started a store for selling terrain, paints and other things. But I do manage to paint and build some as well so I figured I'd post up them here as well.

First up, my waaaay too long project : The Customeeple Forbidden Palace. One day there'll be a Yu Jing army to defend it as well...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Minor detailing to be added, like edge highlighting and minor detail work.

2. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

And we're mostly done!

Terrain : Customeeple Forbidden Palace & Feng-Huang house
    ----- -- ------- -- -- -- --- - -
    28mm Infinity terrain, experimental and practice work with masking, airbrush and freehand.
    --- - --
    Review; 4/5 stars, with reservations
    --- --
    Motivation : Yeah, it seems I got one of the early kits - as seen, the in-house doors (green room, sky room) are supposed to be suspended on a little lifting device - but it doesn't fit in the slots. So, I've recut the door bar to go flush against the suspension.
    ---
    Similarly - the objective room part suffers from instability. I've had to add wooden bars over the doors in order to keep the roof/main floor for the upper section from falling in on itself. Two of the doors are magnetized, kudos for that, but lacks a proper fit. The other two doors on the ground floor are a completely different style, making for a weird set on it. I've also glued the central flooring together, because else it'd crack when moving it.
    ---
    Subsequent floors are... Strange in their design. As shown on the photos, a 25mm base doesn't fit on the balustrade when the little tower is present, unless standing in a corner. I *really* miss some way to cover the holes in both the objective room parts' roof and the balustrade.
    ---
    Slanted roof-bits took a bit of thinking but I realized they had to be pre-bent before trying to glue them down. They look really nice, but have a nasty tendency to pop loose on handling.
    ---
    And lastly - I have no clue as to why, but my kit seems to be missing the corner pieces for the top tower. Given that I've now spent close to a year fiddling with this, they might be around, given that all other pieces were in the same place...
    ---
    Overall - it's a fantastic piece of kit, and I'd recommend it for anyone up for a challenge. As I've understood it, I got a v.0.5 kit, with some defects that I've fiddled with, mainly the doors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Well, had this done for a few days. Picked it up with a mate when they were available separately from gamemats.eu and finally got them painted:
    [​IMG]

timberfox, taylor, Edster and 4 others like this.
  4. snikch

snikch Active Member

I am touching myself....really nice!

Enviado desde mi ZTE Blade L5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

5. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

I like the glow effects, Still trying to master that look.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Thanks, I liked how it turned out. Just that annoying little top tower, and it's complete. Might need to mail them for replacements it seems.

Thanks! Well, here's how I did it if it helps :
    • VGA Moon yellow as a base, liberally applied
    • VGA Electric Blue, soft airbrush, covering but not totally
    • VMC Light Sea Blue catching the edges
    • Vallejo primer white just catching the top edges, softening into. Work with a low flow, and gently dust it.

7. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

And sometimes, I get a bit of gaming in, so without further ado : Terrain in action!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Looks great. Although few more higher terrains wouldn't hurt as at the moment your board looks like a sniper heaven ;)

gorkij likes this.
  9. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Thank you, it's coming. One of the next projects is the MAS Warehouse, so that'll eat some board space as well, and further plans include L-apartments combined with guard houses. And, of course, adding Grimlight LEDs to some things. And cars! :)

10. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Sniper heaven is easy to deal with. Everyone just plays snipers! "As long as the board looks cool, who cares how it plays" is my motto.

jherazob and gorkij like this.
  11. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Y'ken, it's a good motto. I'm of the thought that tables shouldn't be equal because battlefields arn't. Got a good load of flak for my WM/H! tournament tables back in the day, several had different elevation in the deployment zones, others had swamps and rivers, snow drifts, ice rivers and similar horrid things. But, my view was shaped back 20-odd-years ago when a certain Popular Far Future Pew Pew Game and Oh Look It's Elves And Nekkid Things Game set their tables on basically football fields with "Oh, you get a hill, I get a hill, you get a forest, I get a forest but not there because then my unit can't move through it..."

So, ranting along - make boards. Make them awesome. Infinity is a cinematic game to me, so it deserves a setting to match.

jherazob likes this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Coordinated order = sniper dodges or dies, not being able to split the ARO has that effect. Consequence of "I see all the map, mwaahahahahahah" means "all the map sees you"...

gorkij and jherazob like this.
  13. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Actually, I pulled one of those on that cursed Tohaa Sniper in this game. Swiss with effective BS 15, ML hits on a two. Black Friar Sniper, BS 12 misses, Mechanic, effective BS 3 (-3 cover, -3 something, -3 distance) hits and kills on a crit. :)

jherazob and xagroth like this.
  14. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

So, got to play recon and try out a bit of work-in-progress terrain - the MAS District 5 walls and gates.
    I highly recommend these, decent futuristic sets and the gates makes for a combination of security post and everything else. Since we're about to start up our almost yearly escalation league we decided to play Recon 2.0's "Seize the antennas". Good fun for a 3x2 table and managed to get two good games in. Might name my brand spanking new Morats the "Silverbacks" since they were to my shame unpainted today...

[​IMG]

15. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Well, managed to get some work done at least, here's some in-progress shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for those that like to pick up similar thingies : It's MASs District 5 Walls and Gates and Systema Gamings Walkways.

jherazob likes this.
  16. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

And there was gaming! Now back to weathering stairs!

[​IMG]

volgo, timberfox and jherazob like this.
  17. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

And The Lady of the Knife said : "Let there be stairs so that we may have an elevated position to pew pew our most loathed foes from!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  18. gorkij

gorkij Bakunin disciple

Let there be videos!

And piccies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation