1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS Challenge

Discussion in 'ITS' started by HellLois, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well, why don't you keep your mouth shut, then, and let the people who actually participate in ITS worry about the things that affect them?

DukeofEarl likes this.
  2. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Hey-hey, last line was not for you but for people caring about players with not enough money to buy a lot of faction miniatures.
    For your information, my next ITS tournament will be in this month and I`ll play Bakunin. Same sectorial that lost character, you know? I`ll use other options and paint Kassandra miniature just to keep moving.

Oh Lord, these El agents could be so emotional...

3. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

I handle big bad news just fine thank you. Give me a platform to discuss why I don't like something (be it voting in municipal or higher elections, participating in surveys or simply posting my opinion on something on a public forum) and I will take advantage of the fact I can get my voice heard about why I don't like said change.

In this case I am worried that a company for a hobby that I have spent a fair bit of my disposable income on seems to think that taking away things from people is a good idea. If it keeps up then I am likely to move on to another company just like I have done before. Since I like the models and core game play in Infinity I would rather not feel pushed out and feel complaining about this to be a small way towards that not happening.

4. Hecaton

A minute ago you were talking about how you'd just play non-ITS tournaments. So there's no logic, no rationale to what you're saying, you're just arguing against people who criticize CB-senpai.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  5. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I`m sorry if my words were rude to you.
    Personally I much more fear stall in game development. Like a dead weight when you won`t receive any changes never. It doesn`t feel like a live game systems anymore.
    That`s why I`m good with this event. Small enough and long ago announced step forward. Uprising was much more rough and violent, I don`t think that it`s comparable level of upset.
    Imagine 7 years for some faction (not sectorial, whole faction) without any change, is it great?
    Not exactly, I was saying that not each tournament use ITS code. Minor ones don`t, like 8 or sometimes even less players. Maybe I`ve used incorrect tense, hmmm. No, seems to be used correct. Not used for each -> used in some.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. Hecaton

@sarf Not all change is good. This was basically bad change. Nothing was gained, only lost. And I'm a CA player.

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well it is a temporary ban, so a minor inconvenience.

I do not think it is right or just to attack people for expressing their opinion though.

8. Hecaton

Sucks real bad if you just bought into Haqqislam via Red Veil/Beyond Red Veil and now you can't use Tariq. More than a minor inconvenience, in that case. Might just discourage people altogether.

9. psychoticstorm

Lets see how this will work first.

10. Hecaton

There's nothing to wait and see about. Tariq is banned for 5 months or whatever. Or is this one of those "I as a warcor know shit you don't and I'm gonna be a prick about it" things? I don't really care to change my attitude in that case, though.

Spleen likes this.
  11. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Fair enough! It's not about being rude or someone having their feelings hurt. It is more that whenever CB does something it seems there are people that agree with them as though it was the word of god or something and dismiss any criticisms of their actions regardless of what they may be. This becomes tiresome and also worrisome if CB only listens to their disciples and not those who are unhappy with the direction the company is taking. Trust me I could write out as much anti-CB as pro-CB right now (honestly not sure which page would be longer) but my overall opinion is positive with an optimistic outlook on the future based on the quality of the product being delivered.

I also agree this isn't near the level of Uprising but coming on the heels of it makes it smart a little more than it should. Don't get me wrong I agree with you that a live game and live universe are needed to keep things going for smaller market games, just CB doesn't seem to know how to handle it without doing something boneheaded (carrots and sticks need to be more balanced than they are now). The event itself could have used some more promotion as well, no one in my area cared about it at all.

I'm excited to see how the event unfolds and what the new material will bring this year, I just wish we could have some more announcements of cool bonus things (the new NA2 factions for example) rather than have peoples toys taken away for no gain. Even if by Christmas we have all our hopes and fears removed and cool stuff to replace things lost it still was a rough start to the year and discouraging as a customer.

themadcelt and sarf like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

No its a plain lets wait and see.

13. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Let me draw all limitations on this being not a minor one. Again, because I`ve already made this list.

If some player:
    1) will be newbuy player
    2) will have only Red Veil and Beyond Red Veil
    3) will attend ITS event
    4) will attend event at specific time range of Backd00r crisis event
    5) won`t be eager to lend or proxy
    I think TO will allow this player to use Tarik in his roster.

Also this player:
    6) Should not read any news on CB page older than XX month. It was mentioned at start of Backd00r crysis that some characters will be temporary unavailable.

Do you agree on point of TO behavior?

14. Hecaton

@sarf Legally they cannot allow the player to use Tariq in their roster. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else who's playing around their lost character, either. CB's position on the issue is "no you cannot."

Also it doesn't really matter if they've heard the news or not; the fact of the matter is that CB is disrupting their earliest purchases in the game, which doesn't inspire confidence in their professionalism.

xagroth and BenMoss like this.
  15. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

@Hecaton sure thing. 7 years oblivion is much better, I think so too. No purchases ever would be disrupted at all. All earliest purchases should be done on long-stalled factions, to avoid unnecessary risks.

I really hope that these design team disruptions and over-the-top negative feedback will be accounted for sake of future updates balance. Like not giving dessert to ill-behaved child.

And don`t even start CB-worshipping theme. I`ve seen life stories of Rackham, Spartan games and Dust Tactics and don`t want for CB to follow that road because guys in charge suddenly got enough and retired. Should be both sides of feedback, positive and negative, and both constructive ones. Over-blowing some cases doesn`t help whole case at all.

16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Each human faction is inconvenienced for five months... e daí? It's irksome, to a point, but it sustains the story CB is looking to tell, and forces some other choices on us as players. Not a bad thing. And if I've just purchased a shiny new model? Again, mildly irksome, but I simply have to be able to wait five months to use it in an ITS event. That's not that heavy a lift.

17. Hecaton

@sarf I'm not sure I understand you; is your attitude that players should have more things taken away from them because they're complaining about things taken away?

18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Will it be similar to the temporary delay in releasing the Uhlan sculpt or the Blackjack?

Hecaton likes this.
  19. Hecaton

@A Mão Esquerda It creates uncertainty as to the value of purchases for new players, which is detrimental towards growing the game. If you think it's a good thing that people are being driven away from playing Yu Jing, for example, then I understand why you'd think that.

20. psychoticstorm

No you know when the ban ends.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation