1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Jump Troop

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Reece, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

So... I'm really thinking the Fraacta has taken over as my favorite jump troop.

I ran a Spitfire in Firefight and Quadrant Control during a tourney this weekend. She's sooo good. Being able to tank a hit is crazy.

In Firefight, she was basically broken. I cleared the sniper covering his back edge, then brought her on. Having a Spitfire AND a Nanopulsar gives a huge advantage. You can walk up behind a few guys, tank the Pistol ARO and cut loose with the Nanopulsar.

Just in general, you don't fear that stupid inevitable crit ARO.

I still love my Rasyat and Ko Dali (man, we have amazing AD troops), but for raw killing-dude-power, she's the best for me.

xagroth likes this.
  2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

The Rasyat is still quite good, stealth allows him to shoot people in the back. Even the overcosted Kirpal Singh of Pano is worth taking just for that reason. Shooting people in the back when all they can do is change facing is sweet.

That said, I do think most people agree that the Fraacta is our best option. Theres nothing like being able to tank 1 wound. The best drop troopers in the game are the ones able to take a wound and keep attacking.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well what I see above and beyond other drop troops for the Fraacta is the extra wound. What I wouldn't give for a Rasyat, though, those guys are beasts. They're actually good in CC and have Eclipse grenades, which opens up a whole extra way of attacking/operating.

4. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Yeah, that extra wound pushes the Fraacta above and beyond if you just need a blunt instrument.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well... remember that, to sweeten the pot, the Fraacta is inmunne to shock, making her in essence the only "HI" drop trooper! What's not to love?

6. sgthulka

sgthulka Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's the Fraacta boarding shotgun. I really wish it was Ko Dali, but she's been left behind.

7. DruidNei

DruidNei Well-Known Member

Gao-Tarsos is also 2W equivalent.

xagroth and Keyrott like this.
  8. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Has to be the Fraacta. It doesn't even need the second wound to be my favorite because it just looks so good. I made a similar conversion to the one in the pic below using the combi but boy does the combi look tiny on the Fraacta.

[​IMG]

Stiopa, Abydog, Sabin76 and 5 others like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

True I forgot about him, but the Gao Tarsos is (surprisingly) hard to see on the table... And incredibly more hard to assemble XD (also, Tohaa have more options to reach the middle of the table, while EC depends on Shasvastii most of the time for that).

10. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Caskuda!

Erethros, Natsymir, Death and 3 others like this.
  11. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Too soon

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation