1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should I bring with Szalamandra?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by MAlgol, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I always thought you would be able to hack an unconscious hacker.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

From http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Unconscious :

A hacking device is a Comms Equipment, cathegorized as Equipment or its own kind of hacking device on the "older" models, and Automatic Equipment on the "new" (EVO, KHD, White) models.
    In any case, no Hacking Device indicates it works/can be activated while Unconscious (unlike things like Automedikit), meaning it deactivates when the unit is unconscious, the same way a Repeater gets deactivated when the carrying troop goes unconscious.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

That shouldn't be true or the Goodnight program has very few targets. Maybe you can't deactivate the "Hackable" characteristic even if the hacking device isn't active.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Mmm... No, I don't think that's how it works. SWORD programs merely requires the target to be a hacker, you don't stop being a hacker because you're unconscious. Furthermore, only automatic equipment are disabled by being unconscious. Hacking Device is not automatic equipment.

5. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

Can I use a Coordinated Order to both fire a Pitcher and a Sniffer with the same order? I can't do a Speculative Fire or Intuitive Attack but they should be able to do it if the see the same spot? Problem I see is that I need the same target and perhaps I can't target the same spot since it with have two markers on the same location if both succeed. oh..Right, sniffer is something you drop in base contact and Pitcher you shoot. Move along.

As mention above plus it removes the -6 mod to Sat-Lock.

With a few Sniffers out it will be easy to find Camo Markers and Target. =)

#65 MAlgol, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I have stated that it would be hacking through repeaters, however:

EVO Hacking Device is listed as Automatic Equipment on the wiki, as I have stated. It would be better if all of them were to be assigned a category in a consistent way, however. Also, Hacker is an Automatic Skill which means that, according to the wiki, yes, you cease to be a hacker while unconscious:
    • Automatic Special Skills and Automatic Equipment have no effect while Unconscious.
    Please do note that the Special Skills list DOES include Hacker.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yes and no. The EVO specifically says it's an automatic equipment, as well as KHD and WHD. Not so with normal HD, HD+ and AHD. As long as you have a hacking device equipped, you kan be hacked. This is the answer provided by the old forum on this issue. Although CB do need to clarify this.

#67 Zewrath, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. MAlgol

Well Szally is somewhat up and running at last. Found something online and did some photoshopping with a green theme to see what she might look like. (I think the original was Angel Giraldez that I found on Pinterest, cant find it again for some reason so I cant link.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

loricus likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, if you can get the lower legs of an Iguana, you can give new life to the old design. What I don't get is why the pilot's arms are backwards and straight, while the TAG's are bent forward...

As for the color, I'd go with Vallejo's German Fieldgrey, instead of that bright green. While it's a little darker, at least for me it gives a vibe of depth (then again, it might become too dark with the rest of the armor).

10. MAlgol

What? What pilot arms?

11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I like that green. Gives the hint of 'old military' while keeping a bright, clean sci-fi look. For sci-fi I like a bright matte primary with greyscale/natural/metal secondaries like that.

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

There's a cylinder on the back of the TAG, and one more on each side. Since the TAG carries a pilot, I've always though that the cylinders at the sides were the pilot's arms :S

MAlgol likes this.
  13. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

They're fuel tanks if i remember, the el-potato use direct neural interface as control.

I don't know why they forgo such interface, but i think its either because of Toni incident or just cost effectiveness and easy ejection.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think all pilots, be it present or remote, use direct neural interface. The difference between remote pilot and piloted TAGs would be that the remote ones are confident enough in their info-backup to not lose the signal, nor it being routinely hacked, while TAGs like the Nomad's just place the pilot inside because it's simpler than to keep a wireless signal for hundreds of Km.
    As for those being fuel tanks, I confess that it would be a horrible placement to have fuel a) exposed and b) sticking like that near a mobile part that can tear them off and needs mobility (because of arms and weapons).

As for why TAGs keep the arms of the pilot outside of the pod, well... first, the arms are not critical for the pilot's survival, while the torso is, so placing the arms outside leaves room for more armor for the head and torso; second, it allows a simpler, direct control system (the legs go into the TAG's legs, after all), so while the neural interface feeds data to the pilot, the body moves the TAG, allowing for Muscle Memory and instinctual movements to take place (also, it avoids painful movements that could snap the pilot in half... At least, those are the reasons I think matter more.

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The arms come out because they'd need to be crossed like a mummy to fit.

16. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

Well, maybe it also depends on the model....

The modern, gigantic TAGs we've regularly seen on HS power struggles maybe have resemblance of neural interface or two.

But the older, more "primitive" ones like mini Geckos or Maggies are largely absent of that. Mostly because they were based from models that came before such interface exist, and/or it was too costly so adding one isn't worth it anyway (Both are also come from cheapskates: the factions doesn't help either)

Yup, glad they finally remove it on newer sculps.

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think Anacondas are from the same time of the Geckos, or even older... And Scarface has implants, like Beva :p

18. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

Well, maybe they just add it as their own personal 'touch'.

Anyway, it leaves on our own interpretation in the end. The fluff are filled with enought holes already, like on how big are those TAGs actually is?, or how the hell Tankhunter handle those autocannons without breaking their own backs?, or is ALEPH's a boy or a girl?, or how the hell does Pan-O rifles works?, or do Uhahu's a virgin?. Just filled it with your imagination mang...

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If an independent mercenary is able to refit a TAG to use neural interface tech, how comes the best engineers (not scientist, mind you, engineers) of the Sphere could not? Remember the Nomads bought all the Reptile series TAGs (and I assume rights and the like, kinda like how modern armies buy each other's non-top secret hardware) and then retrofitted them to add perks and the like.

As for the tankhunter, he is posing (in action he would be hugging the ground) and despite the name, I doubt it is a tank's main gun (that is, an oversized gun) but something a little closer to a missile launcher with better RoF in exchange for smaller caliber or the like (the problem with the Autocannon if it were a "big bullet" firing mechanism would be more in the line of vibration and sound wrecking the operator's body...).

Aleph is a girl, you just have to look at the bunnies and the hot guys and pretty girls. Or maybe, it chooses to portrais as a girl, since it's less... imposing for the general public. Or hotter for those who think with their underpants ;)

20. MAlgol

Things like neural interface and remote controlled TAG and REMs should be common in the Infinity universe, remote controlled planes and other things (robots) is common now and will only become more common. Having someone inside seems like a liability especially if arms is sticking out that can be hurt since that would more or less render it useless. I find the smaller TAGS and big HI to be more likely to have a human inside.
    With remote controlled TAGs and REMs Hackers seems like a bigger threat since they can hack the signal and take control or block control of the TAG and the same with neural interface.

Of course Aleph is a girl...and a lesbian...

I should start playing Aleph.

#80 MAlgol, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation