1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Pride of Rodina

Pride of Rodina Veteran Kazak in the making

Greetings knowledge-seekers and welcome to the Ramah Taskforce.

Due to the current state of the forums, I've decided to create a series of Google Docs and links rather than an extensive, forum-based, tactica. Everything is still in the works, however, so please bare with me as I make this transition and hopefully make an even better tactica for Ramah than what we previously had.

As you might note, I added the word "Hub" in the title as well. Not only will this be the home of the Ramah Taskforce tactica (via a Google Doc), but I'll also link all sorts of other relevant and useful things here as well in, thanks to the suggestion from Palomides. I will slowly start adding things as they come along, so keep posted!

Without further ado, the new and improved Ramah thread:

Tactica

Other tidbits:

ITS Season 8 Guide (it is a WIP and will stay that way until Ramah's released)

---------More to come---------

2. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Glad to see this thread making the switch. Here's hoping we have some new information for it soon!

3. Envihon

Envihon The Sword of Haqqislam, High Commander Envihon

I see you just get here and start things right there guy

4. Mr Brown

Mr Brown New Member

Glad to see that this sort of great admin work is already being done :)

5. Cadwallon

Cadwallon Well-Known Member

Glad to see this post in the new forum.

6. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Really looking forward to seeing Ramah released. It's looking like it's gonna be a perfect fit for Cobra Command.

7. Envihon

You...don't you have some Imperial citizens to abuse? :unamused::smirk::wink:

8. mittenninja

YJ doesn't abuse citizens, only enemies of the state.

Barrogh and Fool like this.
  9. Envihon

"Enemies of the state" aka any citizen that exhibits any dissatisfaction towards the Empire because Allah forbid they have an opinion, am I right?

10. mittenninja

You've been listening to Pan-O's propaganda again. Dissatisfied citizens are to have their concerns listened to and addressed. Insurgents and criminals within the empire, however, will not be tolerated.

But I digress, I'm really curious to find out what new units become available to the force. I'm also wondering if they will have Ava 1 of Fiday, since the man on the mountain always has someone watching Saladin.

11. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Yeah, its ava 1 fiday for your opponent, only catch is the opponent can only use the fiday if you are losing, cause obviously its Saladins fault for engineering disaster in the mission.

12. Envihon

Don't expect any cross pollination when it comes to units unique to Sectorials. The lore specifically points out this. Only Ghulams, the Narrajun enginner and the Remotes are the only common units across the Sectorials because they are apart of the Sword of Allah and under direction of the Haqqislam High Command. They are loaned out to the Sectorials by request of the leader of each country.

So explanation: In order to keep a check in power for each country's leadership, the Hachib President makes the leaders compete with each other. It helps to make sure none of the leaders gain too much influence. Each leader has a standing army that they have trained in order to impress the Hachib and Haqqislam High Command. For example, Qapu Khalqi is the force that the Sultan of the Al Fundaq Sultanate has raised in order to show the strength of the Sultanate (Funny story, there is a navy under the Haqqislam High Command and it competes with Qapu Khalqi for who is better). Hassassin Bahram is the force raised by the Shah (the Old Man of the Mountain is a huge influence over the Shah) in the Iran Zhat at Amat Shahnate to do the same. The Caliph of the Al Medinat Caliphate is the one who raised the Ramah Taskforce. We have yet to see what the Khan of the Grabqar Khanate force is other than Halqa and Kum Bikers. Anyway, all 4 of these leaders are quite proud of their standing forces and would under no circumstance allow their troop, that they trained, in one of their rival leader's army to only be outdone by them. This is why we won't see a Fiday in Ramah Taskforce, the Shah would not allow it. This is also why we won't see Djanbazans in Ramah Taskforce despite the fact that they are super soldiers similar to Khawarij. The Sultan funded his own biotech endeavors to create them.

When you play vanilla Haqqislam, you are playing as the Sword of Allah and Haqqislam High Command. Each of the leaders has to give a certain amount of their troops to the Haqqislam High Command for the Sword of Allah as apart of the duties to Haqqislam. The leaders take this as a chance to show the Hachib and Haqqislam High Command why they produce the best troops.

RasPuto, Xeurian, Barrogh and 2 others like this.
  13. Vain

Vain Active Member

Surely you could insert a Fiday or two, if only to report back on the state of this Taskforce?

That has to be worth the effort...

14. Envihon

Even so, that Fiday would be disguised and still under command of Hassassin Bahram and the Shah. The Hassassin Society has too much to protect in their intelligence apparatus to let a Hassassin operate out in the open of another force. The Hassassin are everywhere, but they are always serving under Hassassin Bahram and never the commands of another.

Think of Haqqislam as you would Ariadna. Caledonia would never let any of their forces operate under USARF or MRRF command and the only way they ever work together is under the banner of the Ariadna Federation. Haqqislam is the same way except there isn't as much open hostility like there was in Ariadna. It's an intense rivalry between the countries of Haqqislam so the only way for a Fiday and forces of the Ramah Taskforce to serve together is under the Haqqislam High Command in the Sword of Allah.

15. Vain

Vain Active Member

I get where you are coming from but I don't agree.

For out of Infinity examples I would reference the armed forces of today where we can see officer exchanges where this exact sort of thing happens.
    In infinity context I would have it more of a distraction Fiday, everyone is too focused on making sure the known Fiday is not allowed to see the bad stuff and just has to be useful in the field while the other embedded Fidays do the solid recon work.

You end up with a balance of "Fidays are freaking useful, it helps to have one a resource" and "Gotta keep that Fiday out of my sensitive information" that a commander has to weigh up.

I don't expect to convince you any more than you have convinced me, but I think there is a narrative for both arguments here.

16. Envihon

I get what you are saying here, I used to be in the same boat as you, I was hoping to see Djanbazans in Ramah Taskforce since they are super soldiers and fit the theme of the army but then I read the lore, particularly in HSN3. The lore that Corvus Belli has laid down for Haqqislam, there will be no sharing of units in Haqqislam Sectorials past the units that are considered to be apart of the Sword of Allah (Ghulams, Remotes, etc). This isn't so much as convincing me that it could work in a narrative sense, it is me letting people know that Corvus Belli in the lore of the game has said that there is no sharing units across Haqqislam Sectorials.

Believe me, once they started to it with PanOceania units who do work in the way you have laid out, I was hoping to see the same for Haqqislam but CB has made it clear that not every faction works that way in particular the three smaller nations: Haqqislam, Nomads and Ariadna won't have units shared in their Sectorials. Kind of sucks depending on your perspective but that means there is less filler as well. Trust me, from what is coming, there is plenty in Ramah Taskforce that you won't even care that the Fiday is not there.

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

There could be Janissaries or Asawiras in Ramah, depending on some stuff. For what I gather, Janissaries (or Hafzas, for that matter...) are not tightly tied to QK like the Sekban, for example. The Asawiras are among Hassassin, but are the pretorian guard of the "overlord of Haqquislam".

And of course, we have Tarik and his relationiship with the Odalisques XD

Deltervees and Vain like this.
  18. Envihon

Negative my friend, HSN3 goes into the roles of both Janissaries and Asawiras, as well as those Hafza.

Janissaries do have a tight connection to Qapu Khalqi, they either serve under general duty in Qapu Khalqi (their armor is painted in browns and reds) but they are also the personal guard of the Sultan himself who has his own contingent with their own armor pattern (It's red, white and blue oddly enough). The only Janissary not serving in QK are the ones that the Sultan gives over to the Sword of Allah (aka vanilla Haqqislam) which is the traditional green armor that the studio painted them as. Janissary have quite a strong to the Sultanate. Those that serve as the Sultan's personal guard get to go to be Azra'il once a new Sultan takes power.

In the lore for the Hafza, it specifically says that they are naval officers who train at the academy to lead the naval forces, again a strong connection to QK.

Asawiras they retconned a bit. They are the personal guard to the Shah and the one unit that the Shah has full control over. The Shah created the Asawira specifically to be his/her eyes and ears in Hassassin Bahram as well to have an elite guard for protection. Basically, the Asawira are the way the Shah asserts their power in Hassassin Bahram so that full control does not go completely to the Old Man of the Mountain. Asawira's are given authority to interject if they feel that a mission wouldn't fully support the Shah's interest. They made it so they have a stronger connection to Hassassin since it is the intel services of Haqqislam.

When Tarik serves under Haqqislam High Command in the Sword of Allah, he can have plenty interaction with the Odalisques that the Sultan sent down :tonguewink:.

Most of this is in the HSN3 lore book and CB states pretty openly that there won't be sharing in Haqqislam Sectorials. Honestly, this let's vanilla Haqqislam keep a great amount of benefits because of the amount of synergy between units of different Sectorials. Also, that means that we are going to get new units in both RTF and a ton more new units in the Grabqar Khanate. If we look at the patterns so far, with the Al Fasid the only HI for RTF right now, I do expect an S2 to back it up. Maybe another AD troop...maybe another Infiltrator SK unit. We'll have to see. Could I be wrong? Yes, and we could see unit sharing but just like Ariadna, CB has come done pretty clearly in HSN3 that each of the Haqqislam Sectorials are independent of each other so that makes me highly doubtful.

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Shame. I'd swear I had read that the Hafzas were simply officials, not naval ones (the Sekban being the only mention to naval troops), and as for Janissaries and Asawiras, well, one could say that they go where the sultan/shah sends them.

Of course, considering how I've heard rumours of troops present only in sectorials, there might be cause for seeing troops with exclusive presence in a sectorial (and not in Vanilla). Damn shame, though, since a) Asawira need a Resculpt (Janissaries got one) and b) I don't really need to have 15 HI models in my collection if I want to be able to play between sectorials. It's irksome enough in Nomads (and I curse the day I failed into the trap of buying the Brigadas' box instead of the Geckos).

20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking for an occasion to buy Janissaries box to use as a proxy for Asawiras. Doc is just too good of a model and BSG is, eh, semi-passable for spitfire. So I guess it's only an issue (I mean stuff like having to have separate minis for Azrail and Al-fasid HMGs etc.) if your group insists on that for some reason.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation