1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I'm Switching from Corregidor to StarCo

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by loricus, Apr 2, 2018.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I know I've been one of the more positive Corregidor players but even I have my limits. I considered quitting the game but I really do like it. So if we're switching to a game that you need to jump to the new teams so be it. At least I don't need to buy many models.

Is it really that dramatic? Here's a typical list I've been playing recently:
    [​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] GECKO 2 Combi Rifles, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / . (0 | 53)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] GECKO PILOT 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] GECKO Mk12, Chain-colt, Blitzen / . (0.5 | 54)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] GECKO PILOT 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Do I even need to explain how StarCo can do it objectively better? Just in case:
    Happy April Fool's!

It's been fun.

Birgir, Robock, Zewrath and 10 others like this.
  2. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I don`t have any Wildcats models so far so I could at least try some StarCo lists))
    Current league is vanilla for me and next tournament is locked to Bakunin))

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't actually own Brigada still. They can link Alguacilles but Corregidor has 90% of the best unlinked models from Vanilla Nomads so they're pretty good at linking them already. I'm gonna play them some because Anaconda is my second favorite TAG (Gecko>Anaconda>Iguana>Guija>Cutter). I plan on playing Druze also since they mix with my Qapu but their Anaconda doesn't get to Duo with Brigada and I own enough to start StarCo now. Corregidor will still probably be 90% of my games.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The CJC>QK>Druze>Starco>CJC proxyfest is a thing.

I’m probably going to run a Wildcats as Sekban QK list and Iggy as an Anaconda in Druze/Starco.
    I already run Druze KHDs as Morans, so they can easily be Al Hawwa in Starco. And Bandits make good Al Hawwa in QK. Algs are Algs, and in Druze I can use Wildcats as Brawlers.

TBH the biggest issue I foresee is ‘well I have 4 different lists I want to take to this tournie: 1 CJC, 1 Starco, 1 Druze and an Ikari*’...

* Yeah, Ill probably run Ikari using the same model set: Deadpool + 2x Grrls as a Mushashi Haris, seems legit :p

McNamara likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

But this Hawwa sniper...
    [​IMG]
    I'm not gonna run Ikari miss me with that weeb crap.

6. inane.imp

Dislike the weeb crap, but there's some fun list builds. Also the idea of deploying an Ikari force with 0 weeb models amuses me. :)

Yeah, I like the Al Hawwa Hacker but can't find it on its own. The Al Hawwa Sniper may be worse than a Zero Sniper...

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The Zero Sniper is only held back because MSR cost too much for the role. Hawwa Sniper is good. It can be really annoying to have something spawnkill your fragile guy you thought was safe then become an ARO your SWC guns can't see from your DZ. Plus map makers don't think to balance the midfield that way you can be really abusive.

It's just not worth 1.5 SWC.

inane.imp likes this.
  8. inane.imp

Dammit, I'm buying the blister now. [emoji14]

sarf and loricus like this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I actually think the Zero MSR is worth 1.5 SWC. It's a very useful and cheap Sniper option! I have used it a few times and it's good for surprise shot-ing TR bots and getting odd angles to kill support and line troopers in their DZ. You can often pick them off out of cover too! The Spektr Sniper is great as well but a lot more points, and the Al'Hawwa is good and low SWC (but I rate the MSR of the Zero a lot).

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I have locked a TAG out of cover (nowhere to guts) with a Guilang MSR and killed it turn 1 before.

11. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I like AL`Hawwa mostly because of .5 SWC Sniper rifle.

12. inane.imp

I dislike Zero MSR because of 4 main reasons:
    Zero KHD
    Zero Minelayer
    Zero Dep Rep/EMauler
    Zero FO

I suspect that I'll dislike Al'Hawwa Snipers for 1 main reason: Al'Hawwa AHD. But I think it's worth trying.

In Nomads I'd just go Spectr MSR. BS12 and HD makes all the difference. (But I get way too many Dasyu, PH and Clipsos Snipers in my meta: often more than 1 in the same list).

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

This dude has been my primary workhorse since I jumped from CJC to Vanilla. Love at first sight!

14. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

I'm amazed at the persistence of the term "Weeb." I don't really find it offensive, but I find it weird whenever the person using the term is over 14.

As for StarCo v CJC, meh, The only non-Nomad, non-character unit I'm interested in is the Irmandinhos. Maybe a Hardcase if I can find a proxy a little less cowboy. I do not expect to be playing StarCo by the end of the year. On the other hand, once I left CJC for Vanilla, I've not had much desire to play CJC either.

15. inane.imp

Hunzakut as Hardcase proxy works.

Weeb works as shorthand for 'people who fangirl over a stylised Japanese culture "ruining" it for the rest of us'. I don't use it often, but I think it applies in this context.

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't use it entirely unironically. I also don't say "miss me".

17. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Agree with the Zero MSR and Spektr MSR comments. The one thing that the Al'Hawwa Sniper gets you of note is mines. Only other profile in StarCo that gets it is the Bandit... so maybe that means if you want mines you take the Bandit and you always take the Al'Hawwa AHD...

I can tell you that I stupidly walked an AHD Al'Hawwa across the board to drop a mine and was really sad when I double-checked the profile. Really that just means I need to get gud at this game and read the damn unit profiles, but it's still something to think about when list building.

loricus likes this.
  18. Jassal2.0

Jassal2.0 Member

Raoul also gets mines

19. inane.imp

Drop It's a fair point, but I find Bears and Mines are subtlety different. Mines are much easier to use defensively than Drop Bears, which you can use more effectively aggressively.

#19 inane.imp, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    DukeofEarl and Jassal2.0 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation