1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack it up boys and girls, Invincible Army isn't next

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HouseOfKings, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

@Kallas , the 120+page thread is the April Speculation thread in the Infinity - General - News section. It's gotten ugly at times.

Yeah, I was hoping someone at Adepticon would have spoiled some of the fluff by now.

Doesn't help that when the pre-order offer first posted, it said that the pre-order period was 5-23 MAR, so I was expecting to see the book in my hands this week.

Instead, the pre-order period has been extended into April, and it looks like I won't see my copy until May. Color me annoyed, because I would have held off pre-ordering this month.

xagroth and Kallas like this.
  2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

LOL, looks like that day when we Tohaa players offered medical assistance to the JSA during the Flamia Campaign, after YJ decided to attack non-stop our Hospital, was taken into account.

Cothel likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The preorder period was 5-25th March, with estimated delivery towards the end of April (to allow time to print the right number of books). As far as I'm aware none of those dates have changed.

4. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

I'm assuming this isn't serious? When the Uprising picture was leaked, YJ players pieced together what was happening fairly quickly and were understandably upset. Once it was officially confirmed that YJ would lose access to the JSA profiles a few weeks later, the army builder was updated to remove JSA shortly afterwards.

The lack of forthright communication by CB through this whole process is the primary reason why YJ players are so upset. We were left in the dark to piece the change together from tidbits here and there and all of the messaging from CB (including the blog piece meant to address YJ player concerns raised in the Spanish forum) has been focused on marketing the JSA. Personally, I'm OK with the JSA being divided from YJ since it hasn't affected me too badly and the two felt like different factions to a certain extent. However, if you put yourself in the shoes of many of the long-time vanilla YJ players, it should be easy to see why so many are upset. CB a) removed a significant chunk of the army from vanilla and b) never addressed the negative impact of the move head on or did anything to communicate what would happen to the remaining YJ faction in both the short and long term.

I find a lot of posters here don't seem to have any empathy for the people who are legitimately upset. Place yourself in the shoes of a long-time vanilla YJ player for a minute and ask: how could CB have behaved so that it could minimize the negative effects of the split? Most people aren't arguing that CB should not be able to make a move like this if it thinks it is in the best interest of the game. Most people don't even want new toys immediately to fill the gap - they would just appreciate some kind of statement from CB to address where vanilla YJ is heading and to be reassured that there is a plan in place to grow vanilla YJ down the road.

Solodice, Hecaton, xagroth and 8 others like this.
  5. Abrilete

You are assuming wrong:
    - We already knew because we had been told that JSA profiles would split from Yu-Jing, all but the Ninja, by the end of the first week of March
    - The Army was updated at the end of the fourth week of March.

According to Math, that's several weeks in advance, not "without any previous communication".

#445 Abrilete, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Also, lest we forget, CB was already talking MONTHS ago that they were bringing a big and certain to be controversial shake up to the game and by extension the community.

Teslarod and Danger Rose like this.
  7. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. There was no "previous communication" until the decision to split the faction was announced. It was announced, and then the models removed from army. People who had bought and played with JSA models in Vanilla YJ had no warning until the Uprising image was leaked other than the vague statement by CB that a big change was incoming.

This statement does not address people's concerns in this matter. It is one thing to make a general statement that a big change is incoming that could potentially affect everyone. There is a completely separate issue surrounding communication of the change itself.

8. Abrilete

The point I'm trying to make is very simple: it's OK to complain, but don't lie.

- Some say that the split was done without any previous communication, but the truth is that people knew weeks in advance before it was made official when the Army was updated. You can consider that it was still a short ammount of time, or complain abot how it was done, it's OK.
    - Some say that Yu-Jing is the only Faction that always gets fucked because of CB's decisions, but the truth is that the Exrah got it worse: now you can only use them as weird looking proxies. It is truth that this might have hit you hard, but please, remember the Exrah.
    - Some say that now Yu-Jing has almost the same ammount of profiles than Tohaa, but the truth is that Yu-Jing has 42 profiles and Tohaa 27. Not even close. You can complain that Yu-Jing players have around nearly 15 profiles and lot of variety, that's OK, but don't exagerate.

Lying or just telling only part of the truth doesn't help you make your point.

sarf, Stiopa and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. Section9

OK, so now I get to be mad at Warstore instead of CB, because the Warstore pre-order thing said March 23, which has always meant that he'd be shipping product at the end of the pre-order period with one weeks delay to get it to me.

Abrilete, ijw and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Abrilete Trying to set aside the fact that the method of delivery of that information was insulting to people who were actually going to lose out in the change is just idiotic.

"I'm mad that I'm losing part of my faction!"

"You should be HYPE for the JSA release! Ungrateful peasant!"

...that was more or less how it went.

BenMoss, xagroth and Kallas like this.
  11. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Let's also not forget they were promptly replaced (except for Caskuda), as a result CA received more new units in N3 than anyone else.

xagroth and Kallas like this.
  12. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

let's also remember it was a couple of profiles that were removed and promptly replaced in the same book they were removed in.

what's happened is both bigger and smaller than that. More profiles have been affected, only a few have been removed from the game.

let's look forward into this year and see what new stuff comes to replace what's gone.

13. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

But that’s not what happened, is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flipswitch and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

People are allowed to not like the new JSA fluff. It’s perfectly reasonable from that point of view to not like the new JSA. What if military orders declared a crusade, split off from Pan-O proper and started crucifying heretics? Radical shifts in the theme of your army can put you off if it’s not to your liking.

P-Chan, Fyeya, xagroth and 5 others like this.
  15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

My point was that minis being relegated to merely being legal for proxies constitutes a reduction in their usefulness.

xagroth likes this.
  16. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

This game has always included an amount of proxying. There are missing profiles that require it.

It’s the very definition of a slippery slope argument to turn that into playing with Space Marines, paper counters, or pickles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Since I don't recognize your name I'm going to let you in on why people are less that ecstatic about showing empathy for your cause.
    First of all the majority of players is cool with new JSA and NA2 and some of self claimed YJ representatives have gone above and beyond to ruin it for everyone who disagrees with them.
    This has involved disregarding evidence of CB's goodwill, comparing them to fascists and straight up invoking Godwin's law.
    As a YJ player this has appaled me. I also happen to like the change and don't think Vanilla took a massive hit beyond restricting diversity in the shape of former Shinobu lists.

Whatever empathy the community had to give has long since been gambled away in that abomination of a thread the April one had become.
    All that was weeks prior to solid confirmation and kept escalating.

Now that things have calmed down it's up to reasonable guys like you to fix what others broke (to no fault of your own).
    Welcome to the internet where opinion gets judged mercilessly and where stuff ain't fair.
    On the plus side - we have memes (hope you like the YJ ones because they'll persist for a while).

grampyseer and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

As a yujing player, I’m a little annoyed that I can’t use aragotos, karakuri, domaru and oniwaban in vanilla any more. That’s all. I’ll need to buy more models to play JSA the way I’d want to so I’m still not sure if I’ll bite the bullet or sell it all. Am I not allowed my opinion?

19. Section9

Very much this.

Fyeya, Dragonstriker, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  20. FishKing

FishKing Well-Known Member

That can work both ways, you know. Perhaps reasonable guys should come in to fix what was broken by those who kept belittling any issues that YJ players had and went on to belittle and insult them directly, including but not at all limited to the trolls who were ever so happy to drink YJ tears. Don't pretend that this was simply some angry players overreacting in a vacuum, they've been riled up at every turn. Sometimes it was accidental as people's attempts to help were seen as mockery, but there's been no shortage of real mockery going around. If both sides are to be judged by their most vocal and confrontational members then it doesn't paint a pretty picture for anyone.

silvertongue, Shiwen, BenMoss and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation