1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morats and Breaking Fireteams

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Sanjuro, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Active Member

I want to play an Oznat/Hungries link, but don't have much experience with fireteams and want to be clear about how exactly I can their states linked and normal states so they're under control when I want, but also get access to the extra actions when the link is broken.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Creation_of_a_Fireteam
    • During the Deployment Phase, placing a Team Leader Marker (F: TEAM LEADER), or equivalent, next to one of the troopers that meet the Requirements of this rule.
    In that moment, the player can perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check relative to the appointed Team Leader.
    • During the game, spending a Command Token and placing a Team Leader Marker (F: TEAM LEADER) next to one of the troopers that meet the Requirements of this rule.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteams_and_Fury_Characteristic
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Cancellation
    • The Fireteam can be cancelled voluntarily by the player, with no expenditure of Orders or Command Tokens.
    Okay, so suppose I'd form the team at deployment by saying so and marking the leader. Then suppose on the second turn the field magically opens up and I think I could use the impetuous order to run the units across the battlefield to a better position.
    I think that during the order count I could simply announce that I'm cancelling the link (because although its still order count phase, there's no special requirement for cancellation), then make free with the impetuous orders. Then I could use a CT to reform the link and get the team into position to make use of fireteam bonuses that I might want in the next reactive turn. Does this sound correct?

Wolf likes this.
  2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Wolf, itsuncertainwho and Sanjuro like this.
  3. Styx

Styx Cat.IE~~

You can break the link before ending your turn, then, your next turn the fireteam dosen't exist and their regular orders come to their impetuous. If you break 1 fireteam (or losing the leader) on impetuous profiles, they gains automaticly Frenzy state, but their orders are avaliable in your next turn for this basic reason: or break the link on your tactical phase its the best option to do without the next examples.

1. Start of the Turn: Tactical Phase
      1. Retreat! check
      2. Loss of Lieutenant check
      3. Order count
    2. Impetuous Phase
    3. Orders Phase
    4. End of the Turn

So, you can do this example:

Turn 1, 5 regular orders + 4 irregular orders, break the link.
    Turn 2, 1 regular order (Oznat) + 5 extreme impetuous orders + 4 irregular orders.

And yeah, forming hungries team can only made on your deployement phase, not anymore times. At the same time you can learn with this example:

[​IMG] Morat Aggression Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]2 [​IMG]6 [​IMG]8
    [​IMG] OZNAT Vulkan Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] OZNAT Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] PRETA Chain Rifle / AP CCW. (0 | 7)

0 SWC | 71 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    Only works for 1 hungry team; 2 oznat + 3 gakis and a 1 gaki + 4 pretas out.
    Or 2 oznat + 1 gaki + 2 pretas and a 3 gakis + 1 pretas out.
    Oznat + 3 gakis/pretas team and a Oznat + 4/1 gakis pretas out.

AVA Oznat = 2, AVA Gaki = 4, AVA = Preta = 4.

71 points with 6 regular orders as a fireteam, 8 irregular orders and 5 natural impetuous orders, then you can go with 10 impetuous when the link breaks + 2 regular orders in oznat and again 8 irregulars in your next turn.

#3 Styx, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Uhhh... Wut?

How do you figure you're generating Irregular orders AND Regular ones? The Fireteam link removes Impetuous and changes the orders generated by the Preta/Gaki to Regular - you don't produce both regular and irregular.

Barrogh likes this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Unfortunately this is wrong.

Being in the Fireteam stops them being Impetuous and therefore they don't have Impetuous Orders.
    The Control Device turns them from Irregular to Regular while in the Fireteam.

So either they're Non-Impetuous and producing Regular Orders, or they're Extreme Impetuous and producing Impetuous and Irregular Orders.

KaiAgni and Wolf like this.
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Active Member

Thanks, all.

7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Active Member

I have another question about this because I thought when the link gets broken and they all get their natural orders whatever extreme impetuous + regular or irregular then the Oznat could use smoke BS or PHY but now I read again and it seems she could only do mostly moving things plus activate in her impetuous order, right?

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Fury

Impetuous Order
    Requirements
    • Impetuous Orders allow only a number of fixed combinations of Common Skills, as indicated by the Impetuous Order Chart. During an Impetuous Order, you cannot declare Skills or combinations of Skills not in the Impetuous Order Table.
    Legal combinations of Skills
    Airborne Deployment
    Move + Activate (Activate + Move)
    Move + Attack (Attack + Move)
    Move + Dodge (Dodge + Move)
    Move + Idle (Idle + Move)
    Move + Move
    Jump
    Climb

So nothing except a move skill and activate and so no shooting or cc for the hungries in their impetuous either?

8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I don't understand the question. :-(

Are you talking about during the Impetuous Order or for other Orders spent on the Oznat? Have you got a specific situation you could describe?

9. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Active Member

@ijw yes thank you. If shes out of the fireteam, can the oznat shoot/throw smoke with her impetuous order or does she have to wait until regular orders to shoot/throw smoke? (And is that thing on her head a hat or is it part of her head or what? :)

10. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Any unit can Move + Attack with an impetuous order. You listed the action in your previous post. CC and BS are attack skills.

The Oznat's make helmets, armor, and weapons out of the Hungries they eat for control of the packs. Gotta love them Morat women.

ijw likes this.
  11. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Active Member

@itsuncertainwho thats a big relief thanks. Ive been playing it like that because its just about the only way to keep her alive right, but then I read it again and suddenly thought we were doing it wrong. relax everyone - just the dyslexia playing up again! :)
    And those hats are made out of hungries carapaces, which is all making sense in a very broken way :)

12. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

The Oznat "sword" is actually a claw, and the hat is the skull plate.

The Impetuous move has a couple of requirements. It must be your full move distance and the shortest path towards the nearest enemy. The only exception to distance moved is terrain that reduces speed or base to base contact which cancels the move requirement once it's made.

13. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

If you want impetuous smoke throwers, consider the daturazi instead of the oznat .they cost less and are more effective at dropping smoke.

That being said, very few things beat a hungry link in terms of order efficiency

KaiAgni likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation