1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to make Morats work for me in Season 9

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by paraelix, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well if, as I'm guessing, @paraelix is dealing with someone in his local playgroup who's skeptical about the interaction between Veteran/Morat and this part of the Hunting Party rules, it might be awkward having to go off the word of someone who isn't a CB employee, functionally.

2. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

as ijw would say, "please stop taking the piss". You're literally inventing a problem so that you can set yourself up as the advocate of people who might have the problem. No mention was made of the proxy ruling except regarding it's physical position in the post. The only reason for you to say what you did was so that you could repeat your doubts about my veracity. You have that right, of course. I ignored you the first time, weeks ago, but I should have known better. So I have responded today.

As you say, I'm not a CB employee, there's no reason for anyone to believe that I'm telling the truth... I could have a secret agenda that I'm promoting by lying. Though as I recall, you questioned CB employees when they answered a question directly, so one is left wondering what your standards and indeed your agenda are.

On Topic!

The Morat 'tax' is a challenge because to make the most of it you have to be willing to do things that most players prefer to avoid at all costs: get your LT killed and go into retreat. To a lesser extent, exposing yourself to the Oblivion hacking program or EM weapons is also good. Specifically in ITS, this means trying to use the 'game ends after a player is in retreat' rule to your advantage. Morat allows your troopers to ignore the effects of retreat, but your army is still in retreat, and (often) the mission will end after your turn.

The same reasoning applies to the Isolation ruling in Hunting party. Hunted Down is considered an effect of Isolation, so your Morats ignore it.

Golem2God and oren_dotan like this.
  3. Hecaton

@locksmith What's this about the proxy ruling now? I think that's orthogonal to the discussion we're having.

4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

The immediate response from some of the local players (who weren't aware) was to say it was a completely contradictory ruling and made no sense. There were others in my group that were aware - and were already looking at their own Veteran choices for HP. All in all, I think we all hate the mission ;)

Leviathan likes this.
  5. Hecaton

@locksmith See that post above? That's why verification is important. I remember when Hunting Party first hit and the people arguing for the viewpoint that we're talking about were definitely in the minority. Somehow, it seemed to break down along faction lines... funny, that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation