1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zapp painting

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by zapp, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I finally found the time and motivation to dig out my old thread and add some new models to the list of finished models. I started painting Infinity models at the end of 2015 and therefore have some models finished as of now. I hope the painting evolution is interesting to see.
    I'd really like to get some comments & critique from you, as I still have much to learn.
    ---
    Finalmente encontré el tiempo y la motivación para desenterrar mi viejo hilo y añadir algunos modelos nuevos a la lista de modelos terminados. Comencé a pintar modelos Infinity a finales de 2015 y por lo tanto tengo algunos modelos terminados a partir de ahora. Espero que la evolución de la pintura sea interesante de ver.
    Realmente me gustaría recibir algunos comentarios y críticas de ustedes, ya que todavía tengo mucho que aprender.
    Traducción realizada con el traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator

Starting in 2015 with the Yu Jing starter Box, the Shang Ji and Zhanshis were the first Infinity models I painted
    --
    Comenzando en 2015 con la Yu Jing starter Box, los Shang Ji y Zhanshis fueron mis primeros modelos que pinté
    [​IMG]

Assembling the Aragotos was a pain, but I got them finished in Oktober 2016
    ---
    Ensamblar los Aragotos fue un fastidio, pero los terminé en octubre de 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the Aragoto roadblock gone, I could start the fantastic Yan Huo in 2017. I guess that model is the reason I started Yu Jing
    ---
    Sin la barricada de Aragoto, podría empezar el fantástico Yan Huo en 2017. Supongo que ese modelo es la razón por la que empecé Yu Jing
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

As I played them quite often, Monks where the next ones to follow in early 2017
    ---
    Como los jugué muy a menudo, los monjes fueron los siguientes en seguir a principios de 2017[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Rui Shi was another little roadblock that I finished in June 2017
    ---
    El Rui Shi fue otro pequeño bloqueo que terminé en junio de 2017[​IMG]

The Guilang was a pleasure to paint and followed also in June 2017
    ---
    El Guilang fue un placer de pintar y siguió también en junio de 2017[​IMG] [​IMG]

And to have some more models ready that I always need, the JSA Support Team followed recently in July 2017. With the JSA recent rebellion, I hope I can paint some new support troops soon
    ---
    Y para tener algunos modelos más listos que siempre necesito, el Equipo de Apoyo de JSA los siguió recientemente en julio de 2017. Con la reciente rebelión de la Kyokai, espero poder pintar pronto nuevas tropas de apoyo
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

After joining a local gaming club I started to play JSA and especially the Karakuries in a league. So I painfully assembled and painted them in late 2017
    ---
    Después de unirme a un club de juego local, empecé a jugar en una liga con la JSA y especialmente con los Karakuries. Así que los ensamblé y pinté dolorosamente a finales de 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

In december 2017, I painted the always useful Yaokong Remotes
    ---
    En diciembre de 2017, pinté los siempre útiles mandos a distancia de Yaokong
    [​IMG]

#1 zapp, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    redeemer, Goonhammer, Willen and 25 others like this.
  2. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The first model I started in 2018 was the dragon lady and her lovely little critter. I'm happy to have @lefrank (LeFranks: http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/45854-yu-jing’s-uesugi-clan-and-the-jade-phoenix-division/) in my local gaming club and could attend at a painting course with him.
    I think the little pig is the best bit of pewter I painted yet. :-)
    ---
    El primer modelo que empecé en 2018 fue la dama dragón y su preciosa criaturita. Estoy feliz de tener LeFrank (LeFranks: http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/45854-yu-jing's-uesugi-clan-and-the-jade-phoenix-division/) en mi club de juego local y pude asistir a un curso de pintura con él.
    Creo que el cerdito es el mejor pedazo de estaño que he pintado. :-)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 zapp, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Goonhammer, Uthoroc, Willen and 24 others like this.
  3. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You STARTED painting 3 years ago?!! Wow. You sir, are one talented guy. Great work.

4. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Thanks taylor, but I started painting Infinity three years ago, my history of painting GW models from time to time is now almost 20 years ;-)

archangeleong, Golem2God and taylor like this.
  5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Oh thank God. :face_with_rolling_eyes: I was starting to think that most people now a days could pick up a brush and be a total rock star when it comes to painting models. These god damn kids already ruined what joy I got from gaming online with their engrained headshot training from youth... I was starting to get worried that their super-human abilities were starting to translate to my other hobbies as well. :confused:

Florian Hanke and jherazob like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

WTFHAX!!!

taylor and Sangarn like this.
  7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

you must be so proud that JSA is no longer part of YJ XD

8. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind. I clicked the JSA box and some Kanren in the same order. Now I simply play two factions instead of one.

Golem2God, taylor and jherazob like this.
  9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Catch them all pokemons :)

jherazob likes this.
  10. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The Tigers Soldier was one of the first Infinity models I bought. Its finally painted by late April 2018.
    ---
    The Tigers Soldier fue uno de los primeros modelos Infinity que compré. Finalmente se pinta a finales de abril de 2018.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#10 zapp, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  11. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I love the dragon lady's face... Very well done. She looks so full of character!

Golem2God and zapp like this.
  12. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Again - amazing work dude. :)

13. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I finished a Kuang Shi in Mai 2018, but could not motivate me to paint the other three.
    ---
    Terminé un Kuang Shi en mayo de 2018, pero no pude motivarme para pintar los otros tres.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Goonhammer, Uthoroc, Willen and 11 others like this.
  14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

And as it played them very often since I bought it, the mighty Hac Tao with HMG was painted in July 2018.
    I used this also as an exercise in painting black.
    ---
    Y como los tocaba muy a menudo desde que lo compré, el poderoso Hac Tao con HMG fue pintado en julio de 2018.
    Utilicé esto también como un ejercicio para pintar de negro.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Nice! very nice.

zapp likes this.
  16. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

After a personal project, I returned to painting the Zhanshi Hacker in Oktober 2018.
    ---
    Después de un proyecto personal, volví a pintar el Zhanshi Hacker en octubre de 2018.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Uthoroc, Willen and 11 others like this.
  17. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@zapp Love all your work Zappy. And your latest work (the Celestial Hacker) is well done. I always liked that mini the best out of the Zhanshi SWC Box.

18. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

[QUOTE = "zapp, post: 52216, member: 732"] Thanks taylor, but I started painting Infinity three years ago, my history of painting GW models from time to time is now almost 20 years; -) [/ QUOTE]

I'm kinda the same. Started infinity about 3 months ago. But first put paint in a GW mini about 30 years ago lol! Can’t believe so long ago... Anyway, very happy to find new inspiration with the fantastic infinity range, and glad I did now In my gaming career as I don’t think that infinity is really for beginners.

19. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Lovely work Zapp,

Be great to battle against such a well painted eternal enemy!

Acually I was thinking of starting son Yu Jung after my JSA are done...:smile:

20. BoxedSnake

BoxedSnake Well-Known Member

Que gusto da ver una colección tan bien pintada, enhorabuena, que sus horas te habrá costado:ok_hand:

¿Que receta utilizas para los negros?, el Hac Tao me ha gustado especialmente.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation