1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official JSA are NA2 and no longer Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

We could also let the topic die off instead of discussing urine, you know.

Aldo likes this.
  2. Mikes

Mikes Well-Known Member

And where would be the fun in that?

3. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Wasn't there supposed to be an article this week about what happens with us next... well despite us being the resident genocidal maniacs apparently, 'cause I am not really impressed with that.

4. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

This week ends on Sunday.

I mean, hopefully it is happening today, but I'd get a chair if you ain't got one.

xagroth likes this.
  5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

You'll only need the edge though, the anticipation on which faction is going to be wearing the boot this time is killing me.

Aldo likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Not me, since all factions have players... and I will quote a teacher I had at a certain formative course: "nobody has ever won a discussion with a client".

Turning the client's factions upside down, and ridiculing them... fastest way to lose them. And traditional marketing doctrine dictates that an actual customer is easier to keep than to try and get him replaced with a new one...

7. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

The announcement to appease YuJing players will be the upcoming release of Crusade! the book where MO and Bakunin split off to form their own super religious faction. All those nomad and Pano tears to replenish our stores.

Skyhusky, Warhydra and Aldo like this.
  8. SKOZZOKONZ

So now that we've seen the article, is better to ignore the client rather than engage with them?

Devrailis likes this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, one would have to consider the number of clients to be engaged with, the overall plan of the company, etc., as well as what probable reaction is from what parts of the customer base...

10. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Will the ninja go?

Only if they're LEGO.

11. SKOZZOKONZ

Considering this article was supposedly in response to yu jing players from the Spanish side who were angry/worried. The clients this was meant to engage with was yu jing players.
    The implied plan from when it was first talked about was to calm some fears and give some insight into what to expect for yu jing mechanically after this loss.

Now you tell me if it achieved either of those things for its supposed target audience.

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert, he won't. He's going to make more excuses for CB's botched handling of this entire dumpster fire on an event.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. silvertongue

silvertongue Hacker retórico

It absolutely didn't. Like at all.

It reads more like a cheap teaser, and just fawns over how great the JSA is and how much they kicked YJ in the soft parts, without so much as an inkling about the future. I wasn't expecting a full-on reveal or anything, but hey, something that just acknowledged that they know it's not exactly cool for YJ players and that they intend to solve that would have been great. In fact, not exactly "great"; it would have been appropriate.

14. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Hmmm, that article. Words were spoken but nothing was really said.

Devrailis, xagroth, Mahtamori and 5 others like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Words were spoken about WHY this happened.

Not about WHAT was going to happen to YJ.

krossaks, Aldo and toadchild like this.
  16. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

I swear i'm not bitter...... But i'm really happy i've put down infinity to go back to warmahordes. I swear i'm not bitter. :P

Aldo and the huanglong like this.
  17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

18. Extropian

Extropian Active Member

Hi all

Signed up on the new forum just to give my thoughts.

First....I know my opinion doesn’t matter. I’m not a big tournament player, a Warcor, a big name on the forums or the campaigns....I’m just a normal, average player who has had YJ for many years and gradually built and painted an army I am happy with. Nothing I say here will actually make a difference, and I get that.

So, that said....this might well put me out of the game in all honesty. I’ve been less enthused for a while now, but this really will at the very least stop me using YJ until we get something to replace what we lost. But more than that is the way it’s happened.

- The communication and tone of arrogance from CB has been shocking. Just awful. Maybe it was jokes, maybe not, but you don’t act flippantly around something people have put time and money into and not expect a negative response, unless you’re an idiot.

- The line from CB and the WarCors that “these models don’t get used”. You don’t get to tell me what I used in my army, I know what I used.

- I have a bunch of models that no longer exist in the game, unless I use them as proxies which im not a fan of. Hours of work put into them, and they are now paperweights.

- The brigading by WarCors and others on the forum has been shameful. It’s done far more harm than good, and just comes across as shilling. Seriously, stop.

- My biggest gripe though is that I had an army I loved, which I could use as a couple of sectorials like other factions could. What I have now is 2 totally incompatible armies, both of which have some serious holes that need to be fixed to be complete. Holes that won’t be fixed, because if CB thinks I’m spending money to fix this they are off their meds.

I’m not too sure what I’ll be doing now. Selling the JSA for sure, but as yet I’m undecided whether I will keep the YJ and see what happens (and leave them in a box until then) or just write it off as a company losing a customer and put more time into other games.

So there we go....the view of a very unimportant but probably fairly average and representative of the normal, non-forum dwelling players, customer. Not useful and won’t help, but got it off my chest!

P-Chan, themadcelt, Section9 and 15 others like this.
  19. Sword_36

Sword_36 New Member

I just read through the article and ... just wow, no information on the important game-relevant changes and effects on Yu Jing (especially Vanilla), not even a damn teaser or hint (besides Ninja staying but we already knew that). The rest of what i think about this has pretty much all been said already.

Still i want to mention this one quote that just had me "wtf???":
    "We wanted to offer a new scenario that is different from the previous situation. The Uprising had to be an event with consequences, and this not only brings us gains, but also losses."
    - Thats good and all, all yay to advancing the plot and making stuff interesting...BUT not if it only affects 1 faction negatively.

20. WaciQ

WaciQ Member

I do believe that your opinion does matter - in fact, I share it almost entirely. The difference being that I am not discarding Infinity. Not YET, at least. Well, I have little objections to using Keisotsu as Zhanshi - Order monkeys are order monkeys. Most of Japanese models I have are old, so slim chance of selling, so I'll arrange for them do become part donors (additional chain rifle or rocket launcher won't hurt).

An important thing here is also that I do support JSA break - I did not believe that State Empire would allow second class citizens access to military weaponry, REMs, TAGs.. Hell, JSA were able to create Karakuri project! By all logic, they shouldn't have..

But Fluff and story aside, execution of this change is very poor. YJ gets to keep Ninja and only ninja.
    Now, let us compare this to CB competition, Wyrd Miniatures. In Malifaux story line they decided to kill an important character for the faction. Did that character disappear from rules? Nope, It's still there and you still can field him. Story progressed (as it did each book), new characters are added, some are killed, but you can field them. You can decide to forfeit them, for sure, but that decision is up to the PLAYER. That is inclusive policy on game system.

Now, What CB did is well... very conclusive and definite for sure, giving out ever changing landscape of the game. It is also isolating - you can't field these models except as proxy. CB could still apply change army roster to reflect that change, just lowering AVA of most JSA units in vanilla. It's a big world after all and some of the Japanese would decide to remain loyal (Imagine how epic story that would be, a JSA soldier who believes in idea of unified Asian power having to decide between loyalty to State Empire, or Secessionists!). See? both change and inclusion (or lack-of-exclusion) - easy.

That aside. The one thing that really bothered me is the way that split was PRed. Or, how Bostria acted throughout marketing.

You see, I believe that miniature business is a business after all and that CB has to make money to keep Infinity up and alive. Secession is a big event, surely galvanizing new players and promoting resculpts, which are gorgeous. On the other hand drinking your customer's (and that's what YJ players are - customers) tears is not good for the business. The article, that was published is good advertising, but poor PR for existing players.

I do not know, who made marketing decisions regarding these two events. As for the article - I assume it was written before the whole uproar from the community and just advertised before publishing as a form of remedy. I understand that, but I feel cheated.

Now, what Bostria said is not acceptable. If similar sentence was uttered by representative of a company in any other industry, number of clients would diminish and revenue would drop. Now the whole thing may have been thought through and possible gain was grater than anticipated loss.

Still, Corvus Belli lost a lot of my trust. I do remain, for time being, an Infinity player. It's a great game with engaging world and story. What I will not do though (and what I planned for some time) is second army. I was thinking about starting Bakunin, or Aleph. I will not, or if I will, it will be via second hand purchases. You see, what most businesses understand is revenue. If said revenue drops, business starts thinking. And maybe, just maybe someone will question PR movements for this release.

Some of you may agree, some of you might dismiss it since most of what I wrote was said by other players a lot earlier. Still, I believe it had to be said.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation