CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

@Koni There was a time not so long ago when Corvus Belli was making big changes to the line up of the game: Uprising, Whole Sectorials going Out-Of-Catalog, Profiles suddenly becoming unavailable for factions. This caused a lot of anxiety amongst your veteran fans and players. So you stepped to increase communication. Over time trust grew and that communication needed to be less. When items started going OOP and Last Chance in the company store people trusted that it was just re-packs, but that was only mostly true. Corvus Belli is literally selling Kamau's in the store today and had a sale on them just recently. I think it's time to start communicating again.

It's clear that your posts regarding Sectorials going out of print but still being available with rules is no longer true. Can you provide an update on what the vision for factions and Sectorials is going forward? Is the plan to be constantly rotating Sectorials in and out for some factions (Pan-o Ariadna, others?)? Will some factions being keeping their base sectorial forever like Yu Jing or Nomads? Will Sectorials rotate out of existance if they aren't selling well, even if the faction doesn't have 3 secotrials yet?

A trip down memory lane of what was promised and the scramble for communication during the N4 launch:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/the-most-epic-battle-of-merovingia.23400/
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threa...e-in-n4-stuck-in-n3.36792/page-10#post-328860

Urobros, Time Bandit, Child9 and 5 others like this.
  2. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

God damn, Will you two get a room? Or at least take each other out for dinner…

Very true. No one is under any obligation to buy anything, no one is under any obligation to play any game. There is no law under all creation that would enforce this (except in the strictest most dystopian cases). To paraphrase a show I watch far too much: No one is born on purpose, nothing really matters, everyone’s gonna die. Come play some games.

Look, I’m salty as hell about some of these decisions but then I’m salty as hell about most things. It doesn’t stop me from buying the miniatures from the companies I have a grievance with nor playing their games. But that’s on me, that’s my obsessive compulsive mind set (Pokémon syndrome). What others choose to do based upon what’s happened is completely up to them and I respect whatever decision they make.

Grievances about game changes should be aired and have been done so by some in a tasteful and respectful manner. I’ve agreed with a number of these posts and they do help when a company wants to see what their player base thinks of what they’re doing. For example: bring back the Squalo Mk.1! (I said I’d die on this hill).

TL:DR: your choices are yours. If you leave, sorry to see you go. If you stay, I’m sure you’ll add positively to the number of discussions on the forums. Either way, based upon the arguments I’ve seen from people upset by the changes and those more excited about the incoming edition, I for one will understand and respect your choices whatever they may be.

3. micropoint

micropoint Active Member

I've seen some talk concerning what is/isn't included in vanilla, is there accurate information to be had on this somewhere? I would be rather interested in this topic, as well as what fireteams they form.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

vanilla charts were leaked last week when physical copies of the N5 book were sold at Essen Spiel

Brokenwolf and micropoint like this.
  5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Sorry, french forums, but I don't find it here, rosters for vanilla armies:

https://www.bureau-aegis.org/forum/index.php?topic=17400.280

Cheers

micropoint likes this.
  6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

7. micropoint

micropoint Active Member

Thanks guys, will check these out.

Brokenwolf and Child9 like this.
  8. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Just note, we still have no idea what Haqqislam, Aleph, and Tohaa lists will look like in N5 as they are not in the Lore Book. It has been confirmed they will be in the game, however. Now we hope for more previews to tide us over until November 18th when the rules and Army App get updated.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You do not know that, come and complain to me after November 18th.

Ultimately, and forgive me for been bluntly cynical here, the best for CB is the best for their customers, a surviving and thriving CB will be able to serve their customers. Yes, I do get and understand not all decisions will be met with rousing approval and there will be people who will not like them, but it is up to the ones who run the company to make the tough calls with the interest of the company and their customers as a whole in mind.

Yes, apologies to the posters that got their posts removed as collateral to this mess.

Also this is the final and terminal warning before you two get a time out.

saint, Abrilete, chromedog and 3 others like this.
  10. SpectralOwl

...As part of their revenue stream, I struggle to see how CB having more of my money for less effort on their part is in any way in my interest. While the company dying obviously puts a freeze on future maintenance, frankly CB going bankrupt is a better outcome for me than cutting most of my armies.

I can understand the desire to simplify the range and tighten balancing, but this wasn't the way to go about it. The drip-feed hype cycle is only heightening panic, and the treatment of the older Sectorials is only going to generate resentment- plus, how will it look to new players drawn to Infinity by the animated tie-in if half the local players are pushing around half-painted ALEPH lists grumbling about how their armies are gone?

11. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The best for CB is the best for... What? What in the name of Adam Smith is going on here?! There are very few cases where interests of seller overlap completely with the interest of its customers and this is not the case.

This whole thread is devolving into something... very absurd, and it was started in good faith and on a very important topic.

12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As most threads on sensitive topics with a heated "debate" (because, really, it isn't a debate) tend to do.

Unless a moderator puts such a thread out of its misery.

chromedog likes this.
  13. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

We need to chill up.

N4 was the same. They started with a limited list of sectorials and then added them down the line.

This led to bad decisions from customers (like me not picking up the NCA packs, which I still regret to this day), but in the end, they came back and I’m sure CB will get them in later on.

I hope I’m right as would set a frankly gloomy precedent, overruling the customer friendly approach of CB to not leave strong portions of minis unplayable without proxying them, but all we can say is that until this very day any precedent from CB is a good one.

I am too “worried” about all my SAA and VIRD troopers, but I’ll let CB the benefit of doubt.

chromedog, Kaek and Errhile like this.
  14. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

I started to play with Acontecimento, and in to time I bring then to the table. I'm a player who usually play major tournaments with one army and the local with the one I want that day, sometimes even randomly (not always, but with a regular basis), plus I have Acontecimento, NCA, Varuna, Merovingian... So I lost a lot of forces. Not happy. Not at all.

When OOP thing started rumors said they will be some kind of rotation, now we see no rotation... So, my point is I'm not happy, even I feel angry ,betrayed and sad, a lot of thing, but when I'm really convinced CB could be made things in other way I can understand the reasons to do what they are doing.

My point, we should show CB how we feel, openly and loud and on same time, not forget that CB are a Company which makes money and need to, but they are too people, so we don't should show disrespect.

I still have little hope yet, they will go back with this. However, the worse they did, I think is to fail how to send the message, maybe to slow, too close to N5. As others said, Communication is key. As others forum users pointed right before me.

Best regards!

Kaek, Modock and Abrilete like this.
  15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Which is why I stand by my opinion CB could do better in communications.

Still, from what I've heard in the OTT vids early this week, I'm pretty sure it is the Spiral who got axed, and all the other missing sectorials are going to be back in a few months (and yes, as a StarCo player, I have a dog in this fight).
    Also - which, again, is absolutely my private opinion - all the Tohaa from Spiral, save for literally one sculpt, can be fully used in vanilla Tohaa. Of course, if someone had an extensive Spiral collection, then there comes the problem of what to do with non-Tohaa mercs in it, and there is no obvious solution I can see.

saint, Bignoob and UpirLihi like this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

But... trust didn't grow after Uprising. The thing is it only affected a minority of players while the rest were laughing at them with Bostria joking about "YJ tears" in official videos; fast forward to now when more players got a taste of the same policies CB has been using for years and suddenly it's a problem. At least they are not joking at the expense of their paying customers now, I guess?

Edit: how the hell is "Yu Jing keeping its base sectorials forever" when they were the first faction to get one sectorial axed?

#176 Benkei, Oct 18, 2024 at 10:53 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2024 at 11:52 AM
  17. psychoticstorm

Thanks for proving my point, I said as a whole for a reason.

completely no, but there are ground that there are mutual benefits, I try to keep this tread open, but if it devolves it will be closed.

It is possible, probably the prerelease of the book before the scheduled release created this "communication" issue, a thing to take notice for the future.

chromedog and Errhile like this.
  18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

When did we get to "if the company fucks you, it's your fault"? You can repeat it all you want but that doesn't make it true.

Also, of course the choice to fuck their customer up is Corvus', but that doesn't mean the customers who paid the products they now can't use can't voice their discontent.

No wonder we got to "fuck all the customers and don't give a damn because they'll keep bending over" late stage capitalism with people like you

fari likes this.
  19. psychoticstorm

Maybe they should indeed had left the Japanese in Yu Jing and turn Yu Jing into the Japanese faction since they are far more popular than Yu Jing, stifling all growth for non Japanese units.

A sectorial left untouched for five years with the only releases it got been resculpts are repacs and one of them been the Ninja done for for Yu Jing and not JSA, vastly outperforming Yu Jing who have a constant release flow and support, to the point that becoming a true faction is justifiable, and we already had complains Japanese units were getting more releases than the Chinese pats of Yu Jing before the separation, yes, why would a design team want to separate these two I wonder?

Yes, I know you didn't like it, yes I know you have not a single drop of humour in you (otherwise you would understand it "Yu Jing tears" was a joke, a good one?, a bad one? a joke never the less), but in the end I think it was for the best of Yu Jing and the Japanese that they got separated.

Child9, A Mão Esquerda and saint like this.
  20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

What? They said, we have too many sectorials, we need to cut the number down, and then proceed to create 2 totally new sectorials NO ONE asked for, pissing a huge number of people and completing the transition to "greedy miniature company", and we have to simply accept that this is the best outcome possible?

Except that time CB said quickly and clearly, "dont worry, these armies will be playable, but will arrive later", at any chance posibble and repeated several times. Guess what they aren't doing this time

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation