"Kestrel" Colonial Force

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AntipodeanBolt, Aug 5, 2024.

1. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I think that qualifies as Pano finally getting something nice. Since its also a KHD that Black AIR is there to hunt down backline hackers and take out stuff like missile REMs. With MSV 2, its not a bad idea to shoot outside optimal range since almost no other modifier will affect you. Even more amazing is that vanilla Pano gets this profile.

#181 Death, Oct 17, 2024 at 4:48 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 4:59 AM
    Quiet Professional likes this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

One Core but only filled up to a Haris, and then the official Haris.

3. SpectralOwl

It could be a staple if that KHD can actually handle meta Hacking threats, which we'll have to wait and see for. Just the fact that it exists will force some adjustments from opponents, though- they'll have to cover their own board edge from more than a Hail Mary Akal. The total loss of any AD weapon with a good range band of more than 8" is a bit painful, though- exploiting a gap in a DZ's defenses can net you some very nice shots which the new Kestrel guys will be totally unable to exploit effectively.

4. A Mão Esquerda

The strong long range options and ability to be more mobile with Fireteams could mean an ability to pinch off options and then bring in the AD.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  5. SpectralOwl

Perhaps, though this tactic runs into PanO's primary shortfall across basically all its Sectorials- just getting your gunner crit. Interestingly, I think PanO may be one of the most frail forces in the game now, as only its expensive true HI and TAGs get access to any kind of multiple-Wound equivalent. The Black Van Zant may actually be better in Vanilla than in Kestrel with that game plan- only a Cutter in all of PanO brings the strong BS attack numbers, durability and anti-armour ammunition to really force a breakthrough without support from a complimentary gunner.

6. Deus Kalsa

Deus Kalsa Member

What makes you think that?

A WIP 13 hacker with BTS 3 should be pretty toast in the hacking area of the Flashpulse Cheerleader Repeater Remotes in the deployment zone. Depending on how many enemy hackers can reach him and assuming that the programs are not changed, if he is unlucky he will be isolated and immobile in the opponent's deployment zone and will then either be ignored or roasted. This limits his entry point massively and the SMG forces him to position himself relatively close to the enemy

7. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Or just non-existent. It wouldn't be the first time concept pictures had a weapon that the final unit never received.

8. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Effectively. There is a reason the Rasyat Diplomatic Division is such an scary deployment zone parachutist: he is absolutely non-hackable. Rasyat only cares about not being in LoS of any threat the order he drops in the table. Black AIR Parachutist have to take care of LoS and being out of all hacking networks. A prepared enemy can make him unable to drop in any part of the deployment zone safely with ease.

This doesn't mean he is not good. He is amazing for making classifieds cards anywhere on the table. And a solid T2 drop. But not the T1 alpha strike killer some people may think he is.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  9. Deus Kalsa

Deus Kalsa Member

Exactly. Not useless but must be used very carefully.

10. A Mão Esquerda

I think the +1B Flash Pulse makes the Black A.I.R. a bit more interesting, because you have a way of closing down some of the opponent’s possibilities.

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

First and foremost they exist and that puts the risk of been there for the opponent, and they have the BS MSV and Mimetism to shoot the SMG from 0 range to good effect, further more they have cybermask so they can deploy and move.

They are not necessarily the defining hacker remover, but they are a sufficient threat to any soft backline order pool, and those hit are not going to be revived.

Plus they can relatively easy achieve secret objectives and resilient ops missions.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully we see some of the other PanO profiles soon as the new ones shown definitely have limited anti-TAG capabilities.

13. A Mão Esquerda

I’d lay good money that both the Drummers and Hetkari will be viable TAG crackers, perhaps the Fireflies as well.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  14. Deus Kalsa

Deus Kalsa Member

Fireflies could be the jet bikes

or the new drohnes (maybe maybe not)

15. SpectralOwl

Fireflies are a high-AVA Medium Infantry with a demolitions background, judging by their lore and their spot on the Sectorial chart, the Redeyes are the fliers.

Stiopa and Brokenwolf like this.
  16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Another thing I wonder is whether Hetkari will be S2 or S5. The former is more likely, but a bigger sharphooter platform - not unlike Blackjack sniper - could be nice

Bignoob likes this.
  17. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I hope it is S2. I really don't want to take the Yan Huo's lunch. I would like it to be a slick S2 platform that is 6-2 and has devastating firepower and aims to dominate FtF rolls.

18. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I kinda like S5, like the O12 Gamma, the KotHS or Boyg.

It brings some shape diversity on the table, and its silhouette brings respect and concern.

I haven’t read the Hektari lore though, but I would really be happy with both.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. A Mão Esquerda

An S5 Hetkari would give them lots of excuses… errr… ‘space’ for tech to justify a sweet, sweet shooter and/or heavy weapons.

Bignoob and Stiopa like this.
  20. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Not to mention that S5 HI are just cool. Sogarats were a big factor in why I started MAF in the first place

Bignoob and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation