CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

vPanO also has Zulu-Cobras as well. Like @Lady Numiria stated elsewhere,vPanO will have all the skirmshers.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  2. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

But Zulu Cobra is a Camo trooper with KHD or a Jammer. They are there to get rid of hackers or to Isolate a fireteam leader and break the FT... That has nothing to do with a super agressive Nokken aimed at taking down isolated Mimetism medium infantry...

And again it's nowhere comparable to a Crocman that is set as an ARO piece / to surprise in active turn your opponent if they overextended. Please tell me when have you used a Croc man the same way you use a Nokken or a Locust.

Guys wtf... Are we now putting all advance deployments units in the same bucket now?

#122 Bignoob, Oct 15, 2024 at 5:22 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 5:28 PM
    Azakel likes this.
  3. SpectralOwl

The last Nokk I actually saw in gameplay was a KHD in WhiteCo, Cybermasking immediately and trying to counter-punch my own advancing Hackers.
    I always used a Hexa for that. Slightly cheaper. Main use I used to have for TO Camo Skirmishers was leaving them Hidden until Turn 3 for last-minute objective scoring, which wasn't a luxury I had as PanO- we were too vulnerable to getting tabled if we couldn't counter-punch any enemies that dared stage for a Rambo run.

Funnily enough, most factions are so damned fast these days I usually do the surprise HD counterpunch with a Swiss Guard. Between all the Impersonators, Superior Infiltration and Van Zants, I actually went several games without my opponents even bothering to bring a HMG.

Gwynbleidd, Brokenwolf and Bignoob like this.
  4. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

And for me, Zulu-Cobra spitfire is a stronger piece than a Nokken Spitfire. Camo really helps move into a better position to gunfight.

The point I was trying to make is while there is nuance, as @Bignoob mentions, Forward deploying camo markers generally work the same. In N5, there will be at least three separate variants of that (Crocman, Zulu-Cobras, and Scarecrows) in Vanilla PanO all in a relatively similar price range.

The other issue is that it is very hard to make forward deploying models without camo attractive. Camo is one of the games most powerful rules. Looking at the current Locust and Nokken profiles, what can they do better than the three camo units I listed above?

Hopefully N5 does make Nokken and Locust have viable niches.

Gwynbleidd and Bignoob like this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Certainly.

Then again, CB was never particularly good at that aspect of marketing.
    Or maybe they found it is not their style.

Bottom line - never in my memory did they tick the way you're asking them to.
    And I certainly don't expect them to start now, inconvenient for us as it is.​

6. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

Beyond the disappointment of having my favorite faction, FRRM, squatted, is the recognition that this leaves only Russian and American sectorials for Ariadna. And not only that, but *two* Russian factions. Really?? In 2024? Lame.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  7. OrphanOfToast

OrphanOfToast Heated Bread

I was trying not to contribute to the salt mines here, however I will say my take on the situation. I started early N3 - been a PanO player since the release of Operation Ice Storm. I knew back then that NCA and SAA were risky picks due to the age of their models and apparent lack of support especially by the end of edition. I bought into Varuna heavily back then and had many great games with both them and MO. I feel Corvus Belli communicated NCA/S.A.A. properly in the edition change and decided to pick up the Bagh Mari box at the end of N3 with the full knowledge they'll eventually go away since they were effectively OOP at that point. Just loved the models and figured I could proxy when they went the way of the dodo. Fast forward to now, I'm happy with the inclusion of the "staple" units of NCA making their way into vanilla, with the reinforcements box very heavily NCA themed. At least in my opinion, now would be the natural time to "legends" those older unsupported factions.

Varuna, though? I was one of the unfortunate souls that purchased the Varuna starter a few weeks ago. After the announcement of the Zulu Cobra, Cutter, Croc Man into Vanilla I thought it was a safe pick to reinforce my PanOceania Varuna collection. Varuna should have been OOP long before this point or at the very least include anything in print (and not "last chance") in the release. Why sell a brand new box to someone only for 50% of it not to be included mainline in the new edition? I honestly think including a Kamau profile in Vanilla on launch would be the bare minimum. Sure, it may show up in a few months but seems like unnecessary conflict with the community where there should be a big hype train for N5.

8. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

It would be funny if they paywalled the rules and made it so you have to buy access to some sectorials like Varuna on the app xD

9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I guess I'm the lucky one. I lost one army. My NCA, which I've had since N2 (about 2010 or so, when I expanded my "vanilla" from N2 launch into the direction of NCA). Maybe 2 if you count nothing really new for my QK, but at least they are still there. I'll just have to go through the Kestrel stuff to see what can be ported across. I already have fusiliers with caps on (I did headswaps years ago) rather than berets.
    Bonus, one of my minor forces got bumped into a major faction update (JSA).

10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

What excuse? Detecting sarcasm doesn't seem to be your strong point. Calling him a douche or an idiot would be an insult. Calling him a whiner is not, especially with his pedigree. I won't apologize for stating a fact. Next.

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

yeah, keep talking like you know me, child

12. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Sarcasm detector works just fine last I had it checked in the shop, but thanks for your concern.

As I’m sure you know, whether or not a statement is true doesn’t change whether or not it’s an insult. You can be correct without being rude and these forums already have far too much rudeness. Please don’t make it worse.

Stiopa, Romiras, Bignoob and 9 others like this.
  13. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Now my n5 wish is that CB would be completely transparent on what their plans for the cut sectorials are. Playable as a n4 pdf? Oop but in army? Cut for foreseable future? I just want some clarity

#133 Kaek, Oct 16, 2024 at 12:19 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 12:55 PM
  14. Bignoob

They said the pdf they shown was “the sectorials in the army app at the moment of the release”
    So it’s really about: will they come back or not in a foreseeable future?

15. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Oh you're right, sorry, I didn't realize that what I was doing was bad. Won't do it again, I promise!

Time Bandit likes this.
  16. Bignoob

Sarcasm detector goes brrrrrrrrr

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Rerelease under a new name with new minis

18. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

ГООООООЛЛЛ!

Green likes this.
  19. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

And yeah, I've lost 4 full painted and completed armies, so I will never buy anything from CB again. Only proxy since now.

#139 injenegr, Oct 16, 2024 at 3:20 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 3:36 PM
    Big Nest likes this.
  20. Green

Green Well-Known Member

I'll think I want to collect both Russian faction now additionally to things I already own

Romiras, Big Nest and injenegr like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation