CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

They never said that.

chromedog likes this.
  2. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt Bureau of Colonial Affairs Spokesperson

I think there's a caveat missing here...The listed armies will be available on release.

N3 > N4 NCA and SAA were not available for a few months during the transition between the editions where Bolt's then picked up Marksmanship and became glorious.

3. psychoticstorm

One single month, I do not know why people keep insisting it took months.

But in context, I think its safe to assume they are gone as sectorials, if they come back in the future it will, most probably, not be in the short term.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

At the start of N4 they took sectorials out of the lineup and then added them back. If they permanently leave some out this time, people will be upset (as this thread shows) and if they just bring everything back along with the new sectorials it's just further along the path of endless bloat.

Sounds like they've painted themselves into a corner by relying on the marketing strategy of 'release something cool but similar to the last release, every three months'.

They should appease their audience by announcing the release of even more sectorials, each subtle variations of the existing ones :)

UpirLihi, Benkei and Bignoob like this.
  5. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt Bureau of Colonial Affairs Spokesperson

Enables them to release the "held back" factions in a Sectorial exclusive function. Without them bloating Vanilla.

A Mão Esquerda, Bignoob and Errhile like this.
  6. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Also at the start of the video Bostria clearly says when talking about PanO “until the older stuff comes back”

So I’m pretty sure we’ll get at least SAA back, and hopefully a well designed one!

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Care to give us a source for this? And before you trollishly ask for the source of the removed sectorials being unplayable, I'll remind you they are not shown in the playable factions and sectorials table, so that's quite enough of a source. If you want to refute that you have to present proof, not wishes and hopes.

I really hope your argument is not "but the fact they are not in the playable list doesn't mean they are not playable" because at the moment it means exactly that, unless you also wanna argue the units removed from vanilla are still gonna be playable in vanilla.

Daireann likes this.
  8. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Check my answer to whiny_fari, I won't repeat myself again and again. And let's talk about that again in a month (or before, and the confirmation may be dropped before N5).

chromedog likes this.
  9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

It's not a good idea to start insulting other forum members.

10. psychoticstorm

Personal attacks to other forum members are prohibited.

Brokenwolf, Gwynbleidd and Errhile like this.
  11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

A couple of interviews to Bostria at/after Gencon, when N5 was revealed. I rememser something like "Developers wanted a little bit more time for N5 to arrive"

#91 fari, Oct 15, 2024 at 11:16 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 11:31 AM
    Modock likes this.
  12. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I was unaware "whiny" was an insult. Fair enough.

13. psychoticstorm

That is a gross misattribution to what he said.

He said "if we allow the development team they will always change the date to make it even better, but as a company we need to set a final day"

And this is true to all game development.

This is not an indication of the product been rushed, but an indication of how dedicated and perfectionist the Design team is and how a deadline needs to be set.

Child9 and Papa Bey like this.
  14. fari

when that happened, at every ocassion they could, they said, "dont worry, that factions will arrive later, will be still playable" That's not happening this time.

15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

The 2nd OTT vid from yesterday made me think exactly opposite, at least regarding the missing PanO sectorials. True, no word about missing Ariadna ones. And they're about to pull some trick regarding the missing NA2s.

The only sectorial that, from what I understoom from the vid, got axed, nuked, razed, and the ground it stood on sown with salt and saltpeter, is Spiral. Yes, those guys are definitely gone. The others, looks like they'll be back at some point.

16. fari

Just before that, he said "Will they ever come back? Maybe, at some point"

Thats not a "we will put in the game soon". That's a "They will return if we need some more money and we decide to rework them"

LaughinGod likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

For safety lets assume if any comes back (outside of spiral who are not coming back) it will not be in the immediate future.

18. Sanvi

Sanvi Active Member

Let's be "serious" about the launching of this edition...

The first edition was launched in 2005. The new edition is N5. Next year is 2025. Infinity will turn 20 next year.

And you're telling me they're releasing the new edition in 2024 because it was planned that way from the very beginning, and not due to any rush? I'm not complaining about it, and I don't think there's any mistake connected to this 'rush.' But my gut feeling (yes, it's my only source) tells me they made a decision here that wasn't part of the original plan.

burlesford and Benkei like this.
  19. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Ideally, a company would like to have an anniversary on a high note. And a controversial edition launch, with numerous squatted armies is not going to provide that. So better allow some time between the two.

Quiet Professional, fari and Abrilete like this.
  20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Didn't think about it, but it really makes sense.
    I guess that the product for 2025 will be the campaign book, or something like that, that includes the missing fluff for Aleph, Tohaa, and such.

Quiet Professional and UpirLihi like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation