CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

One other thing to think about, why arbitrary 3 sectorials max per faction? ALEPH will probably never get a third sectorial, why can't they borrow their slot to PanO? GW has 1000 variations of Space Marines and they are still selling, PanO is the poster child for Infinity, they could've kept some extra sectorials. IMO one of the big reasons they didn't is because CB is creatively bankrupt and it is easier for them to just recycle old units under new names. Which I think new profiles from the box demonstrated.

Modock, Tristan228 and fari like this.
  2. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

WW2 again? I quit this setting years ago on PC because so much overuse, the only game what i played in this setting after quit was War Thunder air combat! Everything else on this can be used as tranqulizer on me!

3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The best thing is people defending this then crowing about how much better CB is than GW and how GW killed their dog

4. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I know this is something some of you really don't want to hear or understand but CB is not making miniatures unplayable. Everything will still be playable, just not updated or supported anymore. Jeez...

Because it works for GW and its Marines, it means it should work for CB and PanO? I fail to see the point.
    CB wants their business to run. Don't you think they would keep a sectorial that makes massive sells? They have the numbers. You don't. Thus, what makes you think you understand better how to run this business than themselves?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Jobenheim

Jobenheim Member

So is there any way we could keep Varuna? To quote another player's opinion that I completely agree with, It doesn't sit right with me at all that you can get the entire VIRD range on CB's website at this very moment only for them to no longer be playable in a month.

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

False. At the moment, and as said in the video, all eliminated sectorials and all the profiles in that sectorials that are not in vanilla or other sectorials will become unplayable.

No more out of catalog but playable. They simply are gone. And if you know something we dont, please tell us

#66 fari, Oct 14, 2024 at 11:50 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 11:59 PM
    LaughinGod likes this.
  7. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Sure buddy, instead of just giving them legacy rules like they did with Tohaa, NCA or Caledonian for example (which would cost zero money and nearly zero time), CB will trash everything into obivion and make the factions unplayable, just to piss off people. Come on, think. Of course the profiles and everything else will still be accessible and playable in friendly games. Why wouldn't it? Give me one valid reason.

And if you know something we dont, please tell us!

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Yeah, too bad CB will probably just start plopping out sectorials again in a few years and the cycle continues. And whats the point of buying any more of their minis since "you can proxy anything"?

Cause they need to finally reduce the SKU and profile bloat and its impossible without drastically cutting off some stuff?

9. fari

No "legacy" rules confirmed at the moment nor mentioned in the video, so, yeah, excuse me if im a bit salty about losing my guys forever

10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

No "factions will be unplayable and sent to oblivion" confirmed at the moment nor mentioned in the video either. So what?
    But whining is what you do, right? Rather than waiting for actual information. We're getting used to it...
    I perfectly understand why CB chosed (and had to) stop supporting some factions. On the other hand, I see absolutely no reason why they would on purpose prevent people to play with miniatures they bought and painted, considering it costs them nothing to make these legacy rules. We'll see.

Robock, chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I also understand why they've decided to cut support for some of the armies, but, as others already pointed out, unless they'll take a more restrained approach to releasing new stuff (which I hope they'll do) the cycle is bound to repeat itself. They've painted themselves into a corner by releasing too many armies and units, and they need to get out of it and it requires some unpopular changes. I can understand that, but I'd rather they learn from it.

Also, let's not call everyone salty about those changes as whining, being upset at this is also perfectly understandable.

#71 Stiopa, Oct 15, 2024 at 12:14 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:22 AM
  12. fari

I really, REALLY hope you are right, Child9

13. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

I see this with looks at my local gaming community! There are often Torunaments so N5 will be played...... I wont because said loss! The next tournament i attend will be my last because its N4! I wanted to field Varuna atleast 50% painted! I buyed specificaly for Varuna Maximus and the MK-II Squalo, i could have spend that money for monetized pixels in Star Citizen and avoid feelling fucked over!

Yeah i could buy KFC stuff! I could even change my bases to some that would fit on gaming mats that you can buy now (i do love such immersive things!), the ones i have are nice but i missed to buy a fitting gaming mat which is now OOP. I can afford all this since i blew a full gas tanks only for joy and low flight on autobahn in my french hot-hatch...... But atm it is more likely that i quit /pause with N5! Have to see if some people are to be found that still play N4 then or i sell my stuff! Could be the next problem! Sell stuff that cant be used with actual rules anymore only with "ancient" ones is sound like a script for "The hobbiyist is scerwed twice"

A odd thing with all this is that i am active once more in this forum...... Could have been a nicer reason! Some really strange joke now is that i realized after hauling my big Black Templar Space marine army from the 4./5. edition and some Inqisitor RPG stuf (German rulebook and 1 "gunslinger", 1 Inquistor wher i cant remember the names atm and the one and only Eisenhorn in 54mm) out of the basement to took pictures of them for selling (no one interested so far...... ) i can use them with actual rules! With all the other shit that is going on atm i have to say Q3 of 2024 is the fuckiest this year so far :rage:

#73 Rebel-187, Oct 15, 2024 at 12:20 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 12:30 AM
  14. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Indeed, but is there really another way of running this business? Again, new shiny stuff sells better than old stuff, even updated.

Definitely. I'd be upset as well if I some of my armies were not supported anymore.
    Let's just say that some have a history of extensive whining about litteraly everything, without actually knowing anything...

chromedog likes this.
  15. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

16. fari

Yes, but KFC is funnier

17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I know, I wonder what's the good balance between supporting the old and providing the new. A lot rides on the pdfs for legacy armies, and how convenient it'll be to play them.

Aye, I've seen and been annoyed by it before. We still don't have the full picture, I'd prefer to get more info myself before really judging anything. Still, let's all be civil, we've already managed to mostly kill the forums off, and Discord is a poor forum substitute...

18. fari

CB stated a couple of times that N5 arrive was rushed. No one was expecting N5 dropping on 2024. Get that extra time, launch it summer 2025 as almost all of us were assuming and make all armies adapted to N5 (still cut the NA2 if you want, honestly im surprised with Dashat WhiteCo and Ikari surviving)

#78 fari, Oct 15, 2024 at 1:16 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 1:26 AM
  19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

First and foremost from what it has been stated supporting even in life support an army that all models are not in production is a problem, for multiple self evident reasons.

Personally, while I have both an extensive collection of both NCA and VIRD, I just plan on playing them as Generic list, obviously some things will be proxied, with frankly similar units as, always depending on fireteam composition and units availability, Generic list seems to allow to play both departed sectorials quite closely.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Really? When was that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation