September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

On the topic of game information Vs marketing moves, I keep having the bad feeling N5 is gonna have minimal changes and it's all just a marketing move, but let's see what this week shows us

Is this something we can talk about? I feel it's game related, but so was the topic about prices and materials but it got nuked?

2. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

There are three (non-ITS-compliant, whatever that means) missions. The first two seem very standard, the third introduces diagonal table halves and deployment zones, which can certainly spice things up. I suppose it would work well with tables that are laid out at 90 degree angles to the board edges.

But, that's about ten pages, with very minimal storytelling. It is almost completely a lore book.

Now, if there had been a narrative mission or two for each faction, with an example of what sheninagans they were up to on Shinju, that would be a different matter. Hopefully, we can see something like that in the next narrative campaign, whether CB sponsored or community driven.

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Thx. Thats a very useful Information. So it miles away from a 2nd Paradiso campaign.
    Sadly I have doubts that we will smthg like that again. At least in good Qualität.

4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

o-12-torchlight-brigade-action-pack-9.png

Abrilete, Daireann and Tristan228 like this.
  5. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Hope springs eternal. The next book only need to cover three factions, so if they want a similar pagecount, missions and narrative would be a good way to flesh out a book like that.

Also, the Bromads Edgelords campaign is a great example of a community-driven campaign, where the overall narrative develops with input from the players. It works a lot more like an RPG campaign than a structured campaign like Paradiso, but I think it works better as a narrative. The pre-packaged campaigns are always difficult to fit to the factions actually played by the participants, it is usually easier to just make up a story for the specific involved factions, and then have a broad range of missions to tack onto the story. Here, I would personally wish for more asymmetric (non-ITS) missions in the book, to cover heroic last stands, or covert infiltrations into guarded facilities. The Resilience Ops gamemode is a good start, and if Reinforcements had been a list-building choice (instead of a mission choice), it would have worked to that end too.

6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I feel minimal changes can have huge impacts. For instance, the tiny change of N4 crits had a huge impact and made armor more meaningful.

The few changes we have seen point to supposedly minor changes can have huge impacts. For instance, NBW no longer negating MA. Or shotguns losing direct templates. Or the explicit No Cover rules. Those, for me, would address a lot of issues I had in N4.

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I like the No Cover changes but the only profile we have seen still cheats the Frenzy drawback by having Nanoscreen incorporated which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. No more Direct Templates on shotguns is a good change, they should never had have them.

LaughinGod likes this.
  8. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I like it and also participate. But I struggle to follow the plot. Too much to read. The missions are very good and CB should do closer look at them. Very interesting approaches - though I like more "realistic" mission- goals so I am not so much into the bidding war (not played it yet) ones.

The new chapter that is open by N5 would be a very nice reason to bring a campaign book that works like Paradiso. The last version was lazy updated but enough to get us to play it. All the online stuff is fine but to be honest, the CB online campaigns getting a bit boring and the support form CB is half baked. There should be more - especialy after the campaign is finished. But back to the book - the new planet and the fact that everyone wants a piece of the cake is ideal groundwork for (a campaign book) and I am kinda dissapointed that they came out with only three missions like in Raveneye.

#1028 archon, Oct 13, 2024 at 6:55 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 9:14 PM
  9. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Hmm... it's not like that's EXACTLY what Carlos said when he announced N5 anyway ^^' I'm even pleased that they seems to have work on it more than intended at first by this announcement. So far some stuff seems good (vanilla cleaning), some others are puzzling/concerning (shotgun change, vpano roster, Hatamoto points balance...)

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

And that's mostly, I'd say, because we haven't been - yet - told how are the changes going to work.

I have a hunch that HI and MI were adjusted in the formula to be cheaper, compared to what we are used to, while LI stayed on a similar cost level to what we were used to.
    But - we'll see.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Edited: New artwork for the Gecko Squadron has appeared on the dark net, and we're still working on a similar concepts but a bit modified, so there will be a redesign for these miniatures and in siocast/unicool, i suppose.

[​IMG]

#1031 Wizzy, Oct 14, 2024 at 12:29 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 12:43 PM
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Day 1 of the preorder. The shop freezes or gave errors during the buying process. C'mon, you only have one job...

13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

From the demos I run, shotgun changes are quite good.

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@Wizzy while superficially similar, there are many differences in both the design and the weapons they carry.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Care to share?

Because from we've been able to divulge from the uploaded Sandtrap lists, all we got was the "Shotguns become short-range grenade launchers". Which felt... odd.
    I mean, I'm okay with reducing Burst to 1 in blast mode, I'm okay with Blast mode needing a roll, and with using a Terminal Template for it.
    But using the same round template grenades and missiles use just seems not right.

emperorsaistone and LaughinGod like this.
  16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Brokenwolf likes this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Wrong starting at OTT and video deleted but we have a picture ^^

Screenshot_20241014-122723.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cadwallon, Azakel, Brokenwolf and 7 others like this.
  18. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the idea of killing varuna to add the kestrel, glad I never got around to starting a varuna project.

ISS is in N5 so there'll be a reskin soon I suppose.

Arianda isn't changing, too bad, I'd have liked to see kosmo or tartary move up as generalists to make room for another OOP faction.

Qapu is finally coming back, so there won't be that Khanate idea.

There's a curious gap in the combined army, but I'm betting on the usual CB mistakes.

OSS seems to be staying in N5, I'd have seen him go in OOP, surprising.

In NA2, Starco has finally left, as has Foreign Company, which means that Soldier of Fortune should logically disappear. Personally, I'd also put my money on White Co, which no longer has any figs to play...

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New Infinity Miniatures! Unboxing Operation: Sandtrap | Infinity N5 Week

Cadwallon, Brokenwolf and Abrilete like this.
  20. SpectralOwl

Hmm... Extra Burst with a drop-lowest system? Weird that it's so accessible, but no mention of whether or not it works in reactive.

Definitely a fan of Sixth Sense's redesign. Surprise Attack may finally do something.

Brokenwolf and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation