Changes to Yu Jing you want

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we might loose Bao to gain something new. Though I'd rather they just change them to be better.

2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I have all four of them. Painted. They appear in the old artwork for YJ were they scan a civilian. So they are some reasons for them to stay.
    But honestly they never were very good. The last time I took them was in a BAMS mission, where the biovisor actualy is very useful. Apart from that they were bored, sitting in their cookiebox-home ;-) When you want a MSV2 in ISS you took either the big one or the Deva. They lack a higher burst weapon. Even a redfury would be an big enhancement. A 24" B3 would also be something. A resculpt with fresh rules will do it, but if they will get a new name and change for a better look and loadouts then be it so.

Law Dawg likes this.
  3. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

To talk about ISS I expect replacing of aleph units by something local. May be new things, that would be shown later. I guess, they were trying to do it with kestrel colonial force. Such a course were mentioned.
    Here it could be done without new sectorial, gladly.

Space Ranger likes this.
  4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I like the Aleph loans in ISS its very thematical. Replace them with new units might be good for the sales, but will not reduce units in General. But we will see some units for ISS anyway. At least the TAG.

Space Ranger and StephanDahl like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Story-wise I can see how they don't want Aleph because they can't trust it anymore for one reason or another. Or they just don't want to depend so much on outside forces.

I'd have only mixed feelings about Aleph being taken away from ISS. I'd hate it if they took them out and didn't replace them with something. But love it if they did replace them with true YJ troops. YJ would need a hacker that's as good as the Deva (It really is the best one they have for the cost). I've wanted a cheaper Doc and Eng forever. I can live without the Garuda. But it would be a rough loosing the Dakini. Especially the HMG.

I wasn't surprised but also disappointed ISS didn't get the Dokkaebi from the REF. They seem like a perfect troop for ISS.

ISS is also severely lacking in Elite and Vet troops for. The Deva is one of the 2 Veteran troops and there's only 2 elite. Also 3 out of 7 characters might go away.

Daireann likes this.
  6. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly this. I thought about dokkaebi-like robots to talk about replacement. They have technology.
    Also, if you'd look at new warcor, there is Yu Jing elements in it. Good reliable product forngood of all Human Sphere. As always.

Space Ranger likes this.
  7. Space Ranger

Exactly.

I'd almost rather they took away the Aleph troops and kept the Bounty Hunters and characters. To me, they are more thematic than Aleph.

Daireann likes this.
  8. SpectralOwl

Personally, I'm just hoping the Secondaries get less arbitrary. There are factions that can score almost everything easily with one trooper, and some that have a single Character or random sniper that can do certain cards. A saner system based on a trooper's actual game role rather than arbitrary tags and equipment checks would solve many troubles.

Space Ranger likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Pretty much what i've been wanting with a Light Riotstopper, ADHL and Para CCW. I hope the ADHL is +1 burst because you can't get the the +1 Damage like TAGs usually get.

[​IMG]

#249 Space Ranger, Oct 15, 2024 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 4:31 PM
    The Holy Knight and Daireann like this.
  10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I loved Bostria's empathetic explanation during the video about how the ISS TAG makes Yujing's safer.

Yujing #1!

Space Ranger and Daireann like this.
  11. Space Ranger

He wasn't wrong! Yu Jing is the most egalitarian of all the factions. But sometimes there are people that want to break the law for their own selfish profit. Yu Jing needs to protect the great society from criminals, terrorist, traitors and would be conquerors.

Daireann and Brokenwolf like this.
  12. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

Happy about the adhesive and para weapon. Not convinced about the hmg. Weird they didnt go full adhesive with an akrylat canone.

The Holy Knight and Space Ranger like this.
  13. Space Ranger

Need something against Inv Total!

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Bostria is right about Yu Jing, they have a really grounded and pragmatic lore.

They make you judge cynical pragmatism versus morality.

15. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So, as we are waiting for more information, the new Fireteam rules are interesting:

[​IMG]

What stands out for me, is the Duos. I feel that pure HI Duos should be quite interesting and easy to fit into a lot of lists. The first army I thought of was IA. I wonder if list construction would change from instead of a bulky 5 HI core team to like three Duos of pure HI? You could fit a lot of options and characters and have much more flexibility and ARO presence. Yan Huo and Mowang Duos (separate ones) would also get more interesting.

What are everyone's else's thoughts?

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

Shang Ji TA, AP HMG and tinbot + Shang Ji FO or hacker comes to mind right away. Expensive but a good group. A lot will depend on what counts as pure. YJ currently has a lot of duos in vanilla but also many of them are max 1. You can mix them up but not get better than level 1. Some of what we had are no longer in vanilla too.

17. psychoticstorm

In my opinion N5 will see a proliferation of Duos.

And that is at least visually a great thing in y eyes.

18. psychoticstorm

Given the last JSA video when bluntly stated two Sokorentai can pure duo, I think the question of what counts as pure is completely over.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation