September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I think I saw that someone was on vacation (Koni I believe) but you'd hope something like this they'd have more than one person capable of launching the hype videos. Could be something else entirely, just spreading baseless rumors here. :smile:

Abrilete and Brokenwolf like this.
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Otherwise, yeah, the debates about GW prices are sterile, but it's also fun, it's like a catharsis, but it's starting to become a flood.

As for communication, it's true that it's patchy and lacks a regular rhythm, we know that they were recruiting marketing people and that one of the employees is sick, they're lacking marketing people while they're in the middle of the N5 rush and also for blog posts.
    Yet blog posts aren't difficult, but there's no one there... even for posts on the history of the miniatures that are released, which are the quickest to do, they usually just copy/paste directly into the book or paste a summary of it that could be done in 20 seconds by any free AI. Even that they can't get out.
    I get the impression that N5 is a one-two punch project that they hadn't long anticipated, they're really playing on the release of the series.

I hope it's not the European price, because 60€ for a book printed in more than 200 copies is expensive, especially as there will probably be 50%-70% recycling of the previous lore.

Abrilete and Bignoob like this.
  3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

It looks like it is, because its in € and Novedad is spanish and Espana is in Europe :flag-es:

And its 65,- € before discount. And yes I also would say it is very expensive.

It may be expensive to print this but I can get three comic books in full color and HC for the same price and have some money left for food :money_mouth_face:
    I struggle to order. Maybe I order the Sandbox only for the minis and be done. The Corsair is also not very tempting - I am not so much into Warcrow :smirk:. Fluff is nice to have but CBs books are not an easy read.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Azakel

Azakel Well-Known Member

Spain only allows a 5% discount on books... so it is more profitable to get it within the bundle that no longer falls within the books category.
    In the cheapest store I know in Spain:
    upload_2024-10-10_19-45-47.png

Attached Files:

5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Announce from OnTableTop, Infinity Week this 14 orctober :
    https://www.beastsofwar.com/infinity/infinity-n5-week-monday-14th-october/

Corvus Belli and OnTableTop will bring you insight into the excellent new edition of the 28mm Sci-Fi wargame Infinity! Our themed week starts Monday 14th October where we'll be diving into game design chats, unboxings, interviews and a demo game!

During the week, Gerry will be joined by Killian and Carlos to go through everything new about the new edition of Infinity. They will be diving into the new Operation: Sandtrap box, the new miniatures for PanOceania and JSA, the brand new Lore Book and also the design philosophy behind all of these stunning new metal miniatures.

Monday - Unboxing Operation: Sandtrap + N5 Book Overview
    Tuesday - Fireteam Rules Video + Operation: Sandtrap Concept Design
    Wednesday - Kestrel Profiles + Kestrel Sectorial Rules
    Thursday -Shindenbutai Profiles + Shindenbutai Sectorial Rules
    Friday - Battle Box & Beyond - Operation: Sandtrap + Operation: Sandtrap Demo Game

Make sure to keep an eye out for all of these videos next week!

What's even better is that we will be giving away prizes!

6. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Quite expensive indeed :/

Even if it’s mainly aimed at the hardcore fanbase it’s still a decent bunch of money for something that isn’t really needed per se.

7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Soooo, an entire week about Sandtrap, with no infos on the rest of the game, which sectorials survive, and/or a rules overview? Great...

Hey Corvus Belli, if your entire marketing campaign for your big new edition falls apart because one of your employees gets sick — your marketing campaign was incredibly poorly planned from the get-go. Also, apart from that: it's just very bad.

8. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Yeah… It should be called “Infinity Operatoon Sandrrap week”

But wait… It already happened !

:)

In all honesty I think it’s still OK. And I understand why they do that. They market their week around what they are putting on the market to attract new players. It’s understandable. But I would have loved they spent at least a session on indeed the Sectorials future, and also a rundown on rules changes. Not an entire week on it, but at least a session.

P.S. I’m still surprised by the fact people complain so much about infinity pricing. You can’t compare plastic miniatures to metal miniatures. You can’t complain on one hand that they are more expensive than other less fully fledged games plastic games (but still cheaper than 40K) and on the other hand complain that they are transitioning to plastic…

I mean all you guys (that have been triggered so much by my opinion that GW are overpriced, shilling?) are asking is CB to transition to plastic…

9. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

What you do expect with N5 Book Overview on Monday? Because i expect there the full list of available armies

10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Is the Book overview and afaik the book is lore only so...

I mean, the book flat out doesn't have Haqq, Tohaa nor Aleph

11. Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

Is that the rulebook or the lorebook? I expect the second, and nothing new considering theres photos of the content online.

12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

In short, I don't expect much of the "book overwiev". Nor the entire Op: Sandstorm week.

But, alas, I'm apparently not the target audience for the Op: Sandstorm Week - new players and prospective new players are.

Papa Bey and Gwynbleidd like this.
  13. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Whilst we players who have been around since the beginning will be relegated to “old one” status and only whispered of in ancient tomes and bygone forums…

Errhile likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Pricing comparison debate has been removed, open a thread at the off topic and enjoy your debate there.

Thanks.

15. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Yeah, pre judging a weeks worth of content whilst ignoring the bits in the announcement where it mentions Fireteam Rules, Kestral Sectorial Rules and Shindenbutai Sectorial Rules, all of which are N5 related is an odd take.

16. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Oh, let's not blow this one out of proportion, shall we? ;)

Brokenwolf, saint and Gwynbleidd like this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Highlighting to be noticed.

Please first watch and then discuss.

A Mão Esquerda and deep-green-x like this.
  18. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

But… doomsaying is one of my key attributes.

Bignoob and Errhile like this.
  19. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

20. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Papa Bey, Errhile and Gwynbleidd like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation