September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The power of weeb

2. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It really feels strange how a minor nation could hold so much shit while having the two hyperpowers as enemies.

3. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Not the first time authors let themselves step aside from realism.
    I know, it is science FICTION. Suppose to be it. But it is more fiction.

I could imagine excuse like "JSA put everything on it and made some sabotage. So, their previous allies could not get on planet in time. Plus they asked help from some anti-glodalist forces." But that would not endure further criticism.
    I want to see more info from CB. May be they would help me to believe in it.

My sympathy in this conflict is on PanO side.

Ah, and another interesting question. How big is this planet? .. Compare to Earth.

#903 Daireann, Oct 5, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2024
    Urobros likes this.
  4. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

I expect this is based on claims that the O-12 has confirmed and it was all based on politics. Which will not be elaborated upon.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

It certainly does.

I mean, I assume there is an explaination in the book.
    Which, as I mentioned previously, will be an interesting thing to read.

saint likes this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yes, every entertainment product that's not historic or a documentary/essay is fiction, doesn't mean they don't need internal consistency with their settings. You don't see Indiana Jones suddenly shooting laser beams from his eyes or Vienna bursting into flames midway through Before Sunrise because it's fiction (this is obviously an exaggeration to illustrate my point)

7. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

There is an explanation, and in my own opinion a pretty good one, about how and why JSA was able to claim so much territory being such a 'minor' faction.

Take in account also that regarding colonization of previous unclaimed territory, human-sphere international law boils down to a 'first come, first served' and o-12 is there to prevent any territorial claim 'fringe wars' to scalate into full 'all-out wars'.

8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

On the dark net I saw they had up a conversation found on facebook.

[​IMG]

Also, they came up with this image that could reflect units that have leaked.

[​IMG]

9. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

What means QSR?

Koin-Koin likes this.
  10. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I love the Lady Snowblood reference and that CB continues to have players impact and shape the lore in the books. From the leaks, the pictures look beautiful. Hopefully, we will get a preorder date soon!

Gwynbleidd and UpirLihi like this.
  12. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

PanO are the Hetkari and Firefly. Forget where, but saw posted that the KCF side of the Beyond box is Blink, Firefly, and Hetkari.

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Some pictures from dark net for sandtrap box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a video by Ryanj4043.

Everything You Need To Know About N5 and Sandtrap

Brokenwolf and Cadwallon like this.
  14. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Does Yamabushi come with Operation Sandtrap, the lore book, or only in the big bundle?

15. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

With Sandtrap, the Korsan is for the whole bundle

16. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

Some news from Warsenal.
    N5 templates for JSA and Kestrel. We can see there is no new type of circular template, so no difference between shotguns and missile lauchers, HRLs etc.

462421962_840572831605784_7603880369982969465_n.jpg
    462292683_840572811605786_7549276277348393210_n.jpg

17. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

I imagine the JSA was a bit of a Nation without a territory so when the new planet was discovered most of them just backed up and decided we all live here now, this is ours.

The other Factions needed to mobilize a colonisation project and probably negotiate for funding and approvals.

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

We'll know once we get to the book, but... JSA definitely had the old Japan Islands on Earth, Kurage on Ariadna, some areas on Paradiso, and I'm pretty sure quite a handful asteroids in Human Edge.

Whether they managed to hold to any territories on Shengtang / Yutang (I guess YJ would pretty decisively drive them out of their central system), Svalarheima (Probably PanO would offer to ship them elsewhere...) or Concilium, that's indeed debatable.

The other two questions being:
    • would they need more space (then again, perhaps they'd take it just in case, should an opportunity have arisen), and
    • would they have resources & manpower to take and hold them. If I read it right, they're now contending for the control of the new planet's territories with PanO and Yu Jing.
    In my eyes, it makes very little sense to uproot your enitre society and move it to the new planet. Even less, if you were to leave behind your ancestral land your imperial dynasty had rules for (as the tradition calls) three thousand years.
    Take all your industrial capacity from where it has been estabilished, where logisitcs chains existed to supply it, and move i to "the new frontier".

Which makes me really curious how Gutier managed to pull that one out.
    He's an intelligent guy, after all - I'm sure he is aware of all the issues above :)

19. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

You can also add colonies on Mars if I remember correctly.

About the colonisation of a new world, it depends of the state of the international laws, but if this is "first arrived, first served" you don't need a huge amount of population, you "just" have to prove you are active on the territory (so, you put a farm with a family every 20 km, Australia style).
    Then, you can complain on O-12 each time someone put a foot on this territory without your permission.

With the current situation they could even rent ships to the Commissariat to move population rapidly on the planet.
    The other territories they old aren't that big, they could even remain at a population density highter than before the Uprising.

From the background shown on pictures, the central power is still on Earth.

Thinking about it, Haqqislam was VERY lucky to be the lone power colonising Bourak at the time :D

20. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Bourak still needs hard work to terraform it. But haqqislamites are determined people with a strong will to do that. And I guess, their experience in some questions would be helpful here, on a new place.

There is one moment, that left me in thoughts...
    What is the size of the planets in Human Sphere? They can't be the same.
    May be new place is smaller, and such amount of japanese cities and towns is fine.
    How many empty space between them?..

I want to know this and lots of other things)

Cadwallon, Gwynbleidd and Brokenwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation