September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

On the topic of released profiles, after I looked at them some more:
    • Fennecs: look like standard Fusiliers, just desert-themed. I don't know if expecting something more exotic was realistic, but it would be nice to get actual replacement for Regulars, if they'll go the way of the Dodo. We'll have to wait and see their loadout options
    • Black AIR: your favourite Nisse now comes with Neurokinetics and a few other bells and whistles. This is what I meant when I complained about overabundance of overly similar units. Maybe it won't be as pronounced and annoying when we'll see the full picture of N5, at least that's what I hope for
    • Banshee look like a very decent combat jumper, with Super Jump providing a lot of additional fun. I wonder if we're getting different Super Jump versions, if this one has a subtype listed?
    • Griffin: aside from Jump listed as a skill looks like a very standard basic HI. Good to see that at least some PanO troops discovered the concept of secondary weapons
    • Scarecrow: decent if standard hidden infiltrator, above average BS, primed for CQB. As with Black AIR, I'd like to see more variation to this formula

• Senku: basically Keisotsu with better BS and different defensive stats. In this comparison they give me the same vibe as Regulars gave when compared with Fusilers. I wonder if we'll see some surprises in their options
    • Jizamurai: I don't have a strong opinion. typical elite MI, CC/CQB themed, between Mimetism and Thunderbolt he might be able to reach out and touch faith take out someone. Let's see how his linkability and fireteam bonuses will look like. I wonder what Combat Instinct will do, too
    • Raiden: who ordered Japanese Noctifier? XD Slightly less optimised than Shas counterpart, but will have its use, I'm sure
    • Nokizaru: CQB Ninja with almost no defence - no HD, no Camo - trading if for being a better shooter. With all the durability of a wet tissue paper I doubt it'll be very popular as midfield units go, but I'm sure some people will try. We've seen this before with Locusts, Nokken, or Shujae
    • Hatamoto: when this guy gets into CC he will demolish the target regardless of what it is, but isn't that hard to take out himself. Decent enough shooter. In general looks good and it's interesting to see some more deviation from the "standard HI" formula. JSA was actually always strong in that particular regard

#761 Stiopa, Sep 30, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Round templates in shotguns is too strange. (and i think too powerful for a weapon that cheap)

Could Jet Propulsion mean the troop take off and keep flying like a Drone?

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It could also be an Army bug and shouldn't have ranges under the template mode.

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I mean, we are theoretizing our butts off here, but:

how would you figure that working out, the "blast" mode of the shotgun using a Terminal Template (circular) without a range?
    If it was a Direct Template, then sure - you lay it down and it is fine. But with a Terminal Template you need to put it at a range...

Asking purely out of curiosity.

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Nah it looks like it is the old template everybody wanted back with a round template so we do not have endless debates about direction of LoF.

If people were fine with a fletched shotgun shell that explodes on proximity directionally, I think they will be fine with a fletched proximity shotgun shell that explodes radially.

6. psychoticstorm

I have to point out this is a preview and things may change and some are not explained, but there are a plethora of things we can see already.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

My very thought. And I'm one of the people described here, glad to see this mode back, agree that circular template will be less fiddly to use than teardrop

8. psychoticstorm

Overall everything I see I like, excellent ideas, improvements to already existing things and nerfs that addresses common concerns and complains, even sniper rifles make sense as we have so many infiltrating sniper rifles and they got a nerf for that.

9. psychoticstorm

Of course we are missing a big block of information those been rules, we will hopefully get it soon enough and we need to see the reworks of the existing units.

saint and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Its Pan O so its okay. Also: 5 lvl of purity! Wherever the Black Air will fit in and how.

Assuming that FTs will still have B2 in ARO this will be no change in the defensive. Only in active. And when you want to go offensive with your defensive team you can still use B3 AP/Sh. or you better pack a high burst model, which will make your FT a multi purpose FT, I guess.

Maybe we will get a new template - could be a smaller one. Because:

Good spot. Could be an error or maybe we will see a smaller exp (Terminal) template.

For Pan O I see a good amount of unusal DTW. The Jumper has Pulzar +1 B and the MSV Orc has a single Pulzar which would allow him to lay down a template through a 0-vis zone (assuming that these rules a more or less the same, though I would like to see a simplification for MSV1 vs 0 Vis).

Also intresting: Jump 8" (new Orc) or the jet propulsion on the Banshee.

Combat Instinct could be a new name for 6th sense.

I wonder how the new named Keisotsu keep their price while sneaking 1 pt of BS in.

The Ninja is listed with an SMG but didn´t he wield an MMR in the video?

I am not catched by the special LE Korsar look like Warcrow. He looks like the belongs to Warcrow.
    And a word about the price: If the bundle is 200,- and the Sandtrap is 130. Assuming the Korsar is 20-25 +/- then the book clocks in with 65-70,- € - thats a bit pricy for my likeing.

Child9 likes this.
  11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I hope they update the weapon charts as they don't have Nanopulsars and E/M CC weapons. I look forward to E/M CC weapons in the chart as it will make it clear how dangerous they are.

It will also take some time to get used to the idea that PH does not (directly and clearly) affect CC damage in N5

Quiet Professional likes this.
  12. fari

In theory the pixelated profile of the hatamoto showed a E/M CCW, so...

13. Space Ranger

It wasn't a circular template. We found this a source of many arguments. I don't want this back.

[​IMG]

iKon and Quiet Professional like this.
  14. Brokenwolf

The download has the Hamamoto with a e/m CCW (PS 4). I just wanted it to be clear that the E/M CCW S.N is two (I know the wiki says that, but having in the weapons chart makes it easier).

iKon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

USARF's identity is "Freedom, rangers and tacticool military look". Freedom is dead for a long while, because Desperadoes are discontinued. Rangers are an ok identity, but meh, and tacticool military is covered in spades by TAK.
    So, you have a sectorial, with no releases for six+ years, no resculpts, you phased out several cool models, leaving in place only the bare minimum, and the only reason left to play the sectorial if you just _really_ want to lean into the 'Murica vibes. Yeah.

Kosmo is a mess. It got several unique units over the years, like Patchers, Elektronics and Kosmosoldat, but not nearly enough. Right now, Kosmo plagiarises the best parts of several Ariadna sectorials, while being the "hodge podge hot mess". If CB really leaned into space soldiers, like, old sci fi bulbous helmets, tight suits, blasters, you know the stuff, it would've been unique. Sprinkle in there several tacticool Kosmosoldats and Patchers, and voila. But right now, no.

16. Space Ranger

So if shotguns are now circle template, i feel there's less point in taking a regular grenade launcher. I actually don't know anyone that took a regular one. Smoke, sure all the time, but never a regular GL.

Quiet Professional likes this.
  17. Brokenwolf

It could also point to Grenade Launchers getting their range bands fixed for N5.

18. fari

with grenade launcher you still can make speculative attacks, but not with the new shotguns

19. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Assuming they weren't changed before publication. Again.

20. psychoticstorm

PanO and Druze, great for clearing rooftops and other hard to reach places.

Gwynbleidd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation