September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we understood that you were not really interested in what's going on and that the plan is just to grizzle endlessly for no reason. On top of, of course, acting like you already know everything about N5 except you don't know sh*t.

That's just over a few days and 30 seconds of quoting, it goes on and on and on...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How about you do that and leave everyone here breath, huh? :)

#741 Child9, Sep 30, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2024
  2. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

The Ariadna with the wrench looks like a Scots Guard support guy to me…who knows though.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Exciting stuff I think. Not even going to speculate on some of the skills.

I like the SMG change to just Shock, also the template of shotguns now being B1. Anyone notice the secondary template version also has ranges?

This Thunderbolt thing is fun. At first I thought it was like a new Panzerfaust but it’s not disposable. PS6 (dam14), B2, Normal ammo vs armor.

I take things like BTS/2 and ARM/2 means Half your BTS or ARM.

Anyone know what SN means?

burlesford likes this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

silence me

Where it says SN? I cant see right now

5. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Almost sure it is "Salvations Number" or something similar. In the sense, of how many salvation rolls you have to do for each impact received from that weapon.

6. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I hoped you could silence yourself, like the big boy you are. Or maybe that you could have a constructive comment about the profiles? The weapon chart? The new skills? Anything?

Time Bandit likes this.
  7. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Save number most probably. It matches the EXP/DA/N ammunitions

8. Jim the third

Jim the third Well-Known Member

Just mute him dude, you’re quadrupling the amount of stuff nobody wants to read.

Anyway, looks like the previously hidden JSA skill is Combat Instinct. Wonder what that does.

9. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

do you want something constructive? Ok.

Caledonia has 21 profiles, excluding ITS mercs.

7 of them are not in other sectorials. (Volunteers, Grey Rifles, Mormaers, Isobel McGregor, Cameronian, wulvers and Galwegians)
    4 of that 7 are clones of other troops that are going to be adapted to N5 (Rokots, varangians, Cadin and any dog warrior)

That left 3 troops. It's so difficult to adapt CHA to N5 with that 3 troops and not cut it?
    My main army for 12 years is gonna be axed but the fucking USARF is goint to survive, having almost no troops in common with the rest of Ariadna. And i have to be happy and aplaud all of CB decisions?

Now, would you kindly go acussing others and leave me fucking alone?

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Looking at the last two Ariadnan artworks that were released for Infinity N5, it looks like there's something going on with the Antipodes and the Dogfaces, given that the Antipodes lore follows that of the Native Americans in the US, I get the impression that they've finally been genocided in this edition.

Artwork of the mass grave and artwork of the ear necklace:
    [​IMG]

Maybe we could predict some profile losses in Ariadna in terms of the antipodes and dogfaces profiles ?

Time Bandit and Abrilete like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Ok yes it looks like SN is the number of rolls for a BTS or ARM save. DA is showing 2 and EXP is 3, much of the rest is showing 1.

It also looks like Normal CC weapons are no longer tied to PH. It's now just PS9 (dmg 11). The troops that have Martial Arts have Set PH for their CCW. I'm not sure if it's because of Martial Arts or the fact the CCW are special ammo like DA, Shock, EXP.

Oh and I’m glad to see Silver Snakes is actually a thing. Again, they look White Banner to me because of the fur on the tabards. I’m still pretty stoked for the new TAG.

#751 Space Ranger, Sep 30, 2024
  12. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I don't know if we can go full "antipode extermination" based on a couple of pictures, that artwork could be "historical" or there could have been another major antipode offensive during the time jump. While they might cull some profiles I doubt CB would get ride of something that unique to a faction.

Brokenwolf and Errhile like this.
  13. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

The art with the Cossacks has the air of "being an old photo" due to the slightly fuzzy graphic.
    If that is what was intended, my hat off to the artist.

Brokenwolf, saint and Gwynbleidd like this.
  14. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

I am still holding out hope that Highlanders are IN and my USARF are OUT. USARF had zero releases since may of 2018, while CHA had a limited number of releases and resculpts. Please, keep the Highlanders in and axe americans?

Edit: yes I am talking like this, while owning an ava of everything in USARF except Desperadoes. If your sectorial was in limbo for six+ years, having concrete info that it is OUT is better than slowly seeing phasing out of models and wondering, what will happen?

#754 Darvain, Sep 30, 2024
    fari likes this.
  15. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Not what I expected for shotguns, but it is a welcome change. The 8" range will be less template trading. This also increases the viability of short ranged, Mimetism models with a single wound.

MSR DA rounds as Burst 1 is huge change defensively and makes Viral Snipers better in comparison.

Quiet Professional likes this.
  16. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Oh, I tried systematically muting every toxic user I was encountering. Except that these forums are so flooded with them that the threads are becoming impossible to understand if you do so. And unfortunately, they just keep going when you ignore them. Thus, I would prefer that they stop being harmful to the discussions here and that they leave us enjoy the forums.

Did I ask you to go from snivelling to off-topic snivelling? I don't think so. Again, please, would you have something constructive to say about the topic?

No one asked this. We asked you to stop whining about everything, especially when it's about something you don't know shit about. Why are you whining about FTs being more overpowered in N5 while you know nothing about that? Why are you whining about bows in N5 while you know nothing about that? Shhhhhhh. Just shhhhhhhh.

Chill buddy. I'll gladly "leave you fucking alone" when you'll stop polluting every N5 topic you're in. You know what to do now.

17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm withholding my judgement till I see how exactly they mean this to work.

I have actually liked the N3 shotgun templates (the N1/N2 ones were good, too, but N3 was better IMO), but I get how difficult they were to explain to novice players.

Having a round template for the shotgun doesn't sound right to me - it is a shotgun blast, not a grenade (well, unless we're talking a time / proximity-fused airburst munition. So effectively a small grenade). And up to the point we have had only one size of round template.

Then again, shotguns in the published lists are using "circular" templates, while the missile launcher uses "round". So it might or might not be the same template size.
    I don't know. I'll wait and see.

18. Space Ranger

I guess the unexpected benefit of Uprising is YJ now doesn’t really have enough factions to get rid of any. I am a little irked about losing (maybe) Dashat and Ikari. Also, I just bought and painted Achilles. But for the most part I’m feeling positive.

The Holy Knight and Daniel Darko like this.
  19. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with you. I also own both of these factions (and too many others beyond that ;). I sincerely hope that Caledonian Highlanders remain a sectorial under N5. It has so much character...character in my opinion that USARF utterly lacks.

I also would like Kosmoflot to be edited down from an "all stars" Ariadna list and formatted into a unique sectorial with its unique core units. As is, Kosmoflot lacks a cohesive/unique identity in my opinion and detracts from the other sectorials in Ariadna being truly unique since it "farms" so many units from them.

20. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I want to believe it will be small round template for shotguns and large round template for missile launchers but I feel it won't be like that. "round" and "circular" sounds more like a poor translation of the same stuff. Even though I have no issue with shotguns using a round template (why not, could picture small explosive bullets or just the blast), I would have one with shotgun using a black as large as the one of a missile launcher... We'll see.

It would be nice to have two circular template (I mean, we have two teardrop ones), would allow more diversity in the weapons.

Quiet Professional and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation