"Kestrel" Colonial Force

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AntipodeanBolt, Aug 5, 2024.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

i was hoping that since the Sepulchre rework. Tikbalang being a placeholder until the new Sepulchre arrive. The first S5 TAG in the game, and then, tikbalang dissapeared from Military Orders

2. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

....<checks quickly>.... phew, Tik still in MO, don't scare me like that ! Is this something historical you refer to ?

eciu and Quiet Professional like this.
  3. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what kit the Fennec will get. I'm hoping they'll get interesting equipment options like Regulars, and not just be Fusiliers with BTS 3 and Terrain (Desert).

The Black A.I.R. I'm particularly excited for. A parachutist MSR sounds like a lot of fun.

LaughinGod likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Tikbalang is fine in MO, we can have Tikbalang and S5 Tags.

Given Fennec Fusiliers are named, in contrast with SWF Fusiliers that are just Fusiliers, I am expecting some differentiation to their profiles and loadouts.

5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Going back to n2 times with the old tiger msr!

Gwynbleidd and QuantronicWombat like this.
  6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

In before we have salty Yu Jing players complaing Pano gained something they lost. *Honestly, just give the sniper profile back to tiger soldiers as well)

7. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

When should we expect to see profiles? Do they usually come out a bit before the box release, right before, or at release?

Interested to see if they help JSA a bit with shooting and if anything unique Pano-wise is in store for Kestrel Force.

8. Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

Would love to see different fusiliers in each sectorial, with different loadouts...
    Varuna fusiliers, Winter fusiliers and so on

9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

OTOH, as a Haqq player, I pretty much like having the same Ghulams in every Haqq army.
    Makes starting a new sectorial easier & has it easier on CB logistics (trio of Riflemen, a box of SWC, plus maybe a blister or two with some snowflakes so special they didn't fit in either - and you're covered).

Gwynbleidd, Daireann and Time Bandit like this.
  10. Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

Agreed, I meant to say different profiles.

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I want SWC Winter Zhanshis!

Daireann likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

Yes, and I would not complain for Winter Fusiliers too.

A Mão Esquerda and StephanDahl like this.
  13. QuantronicWombat

So based on the latest Dice Gods interview, it sounds like Acon, NCA, and Varuna are out, as Bostria hinted that 3 was the optimal number of sectorials for a faction.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

Until we know more this is the consensus.

15. SpectralOwl

I hope they're not gone for good. That's everything from when I was most actively collecting that isn't a Fusilier, ORC or Knight. Did we ever get confirmation on OOP Sectorials getting rules, just after release?

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Varuna I'm not sure, but Acon and NCA, yes. And from what Bostria said in that interview, they're only putting the N4 rules of those deleted armies in PDF form for people who want to keep playing their N4 versions. If they ever get a redesign, they will enter the game as new armies, but until then you will simply not be able to play those sectorials in N5 anymore. You might find remnants of them in vPanO, maybe even linkable per the new rules, but certainly no core linked BS19 Bolt sniper anymore...

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  17. SpectralOwl

...well, that's some truly exquisite bullshit. I hope Kestrel replaces the lost tools in consolidated and modernised form... or sells so poorly CB backpedal. There's nothing really like Auxilia left in the game, and to replace Hexas you've got to go over to O12 who lack elite shooters that aren't ridiculous-looking.

18. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

…Ouch. Not going to lie. This hurts. Acontecimento was never my sectorial but Varuna (even as a possibility) and NCA dropped from N5? My heart. Goddamn it. This is painful.

Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  19. QuantronicWombat

Varuna is speculation my part. But with SWF being the Code One force, it stands to reason they wouldn't sunset it. MO is in the N5 lore book, so it's still around. Unless PanO is an exception to the "3 sectorials is optimal" direction, I'd say it's retired, but still mostly playable through vanilla.

Given that there are clear examples of CB incorporating community feedback for N5 and the presence of drone operators in N5, I'd be very surprised if KCF don't get they're own version of Auxilia. A key reoccurring feedback from the PanO community was more auxbots, after all.

Gwynbleidd, burlesford and Brokenwolf like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

We will see, of course we miss 16 units from the blurry teased image, have no information about fireteams, composition and bonuses or AVA, but there is a high chance that NCA and VIRD could be theoretically played from the generic list.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation