[WARCROW] The new fantasy universe by Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Mar 25, 2022.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Avatar power ! Black Legion lives matter !

3. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Warsenal October preorders.

sevsterino likes this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

So, now that we have pictures of the October preorders, any ideas about what the "Officers Pack" will bring? Just the Hetman and Wrathmane using alternative poses or models?
    Considering that down the line we will also have releases for the line troops (Bucklermen and Orc Hunters) or the "Support Pack" (I'm guessing the War Surgeon and the Wisemane), it may be a safe bet to believe that those releases will just be the standalone contents of the two-player Starter Box.

If this was Infinity something like the Bucklermen box would bring the SWC options for the unit, but I think we don't have that concept (same profile, different equipment) in Warcrow.

6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

The hunters/bucklermen release is alternative poses - great news imo as i csn see using 2+ units for sure.

Not sure on the officers, but i suspect theyll be new profiles....

Abrilete likes this.
  7. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Sorry Carlos said that at Gen Con but they have corrected it. Same pose release. Pretty sure officers is also no new models..just the core game released for broader audience.

Lady Numiria and Abrilete like this.
  8. Time Bandit

Oh really? A shame.

9. Time Bandit

I've put together the Northern Tribes half of the starter now, and it's a mixed story, really. Details are very crisp, the the sculpts are really nicely done, very dynamic. However the siocast was sloppy. The wisemane had an insane amount of flash and lines, and a bad slippage, but luckily on a side not showing. My orc hunter leader had a slip too, and it's pretty bad, ruining a join and scarring fine detail. There's a lot of negative chatter on the reddit and facebook groups about the quality, unfortunately.

I'm not looking to revive old grumbles about siocast, but QC has clearly damaged warcrow's release. I really do think CB need to consider chalking it up to experience and selling their siocast machines, or else rehauling their production process/qc. I think people would be satisfied with siocast being Warcrow's main material, as long as the QC is up to scratch; as it is, it's damaged the launch of a really cool new game on their roster, and i hate to see it. It's one thing on the odd infinity release, but quite another when it tarnishes an entire new game system through association. I hope they're alive to the issue and course correct, whatever that may look like.

#969 Time Bandit, Sep 15, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2024
  10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Some news of the warcrow kickstarter.
    Post: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corvusbelli/warcrow-adventures/posts/4200900

Time Bandit and Lady Numiria like this.
  11. Abrilete

Maybe someone talked about it in the past, but I was just taking a look at the rulebook (I haven't read it in detail yet) and started having some ideas: is it possible to make a list purely made of characters?
    Let's take the Hegemony as an example: we already have profiles for Drago, the generic Hetman, the generic Elf Wizard and the War Surgeon. Then we have Lady Telia. Later, thanks to Warcrow Adventures we may get profiles for the named old lady elf wizard, a dwarf weaponsmith (or whatever he is) and another anmed Hetman. That's probably over 200 points, and just 8 models.

It may be dumb, and probably a direct road to failure, but I'd love to play at least once with such a "Fellowship of the Hegemony" company (it's only missing one member).

12. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

IIRC Drago and the Hetman can't be in the same list as they are both High Command.

Time Bandit and Abrilete like this.
  13. Exuin.exe

Exuin.exe Well-Known Member

So some characters are "High Command" and are limited to 1 per list. NTM characters either officers or supports can join units for buffs + wound ablation so you probably want them in most cases.

14. Abrilete

A pity, I guess that brings the Fellowship down to 7 members. 6 if we consider that the other named Hetman character may also have High Command.
    So... Gandalf fell in Moria, and Frodo and Bilbo left on their own T_T

15. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Thanks for adding updates.

Honestly this has kinda drained a lot of excitement from me for WarCrow and from what I can see, the wider groups. I don't care for the two existing factions, and there is nothing else out.

I really hope this delay and damage it causes to WarCrow doesn't keep it from becoming a full fledged game. Because right now it feels like there was a bit of spike in excitement and then it just disappeared.

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

First battle report for warcrowthewargame.

Warcrow Scenario II - The Mirror of the Wasteland Battle Report/Demo

burlesford likes this.
  17. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Does big rulebook contain any troop profiles like old Infinity books?

18. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

You have the background for all the troops but no profiles.

Lady Numiria and Abrilete like this.
  19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Proof that warcrow is in the Human Sphere universe and would actually be an MMO played on Maya. :smile:

[​IMG]

20. Abrilete

LOL, I'll check when I receive mine to see if it's also labeled as an Infinity product.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation