September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

PLS, CB, Bring back the Hac Tao HMG

PS. One day, it will be a good Oyama miniature. But today will not be that day

upload_2024-9-9_16-10-43.jpeg upload_2024-9-9_16-10-50.jpeg upload_2024-9-9_16-10-54.jpeg upload_2024-9-9_16-10-58.jpeg upload_2024-9-9_16-11-1.jpeg upload_2024-9-9_16-11-5.jpeg

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Noooooooon, switched the months, they have! Topics i fix, i do....

Updated the list until December, I have, contained in post 1 it is. Still to wait for this, compared to what is known to date, there is.
    - Beasthunter
    - torchlight brigade pack beta
    - Silver Snakes

For Black Friday, if the same pattern as previous years it follows, the Varangian Guard we might have, and perhaps the Hassassin from the Paradise Lost series, but less certain for this figure it is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#202 Wizzy, Sep 9, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Old-fashioned design of Neko, I like. Smooth surfaces for freehands, he has. Artificially cut armor plates to look ‘new’ like in Panoceania, he does not have, which lightening the edge highlighting work, it will. :ok_hand:
    But Neko, brown with a mustache and in his forties, he is supposed to be, according to his artwork. :sweat_smile:
    7B2wsU5.png
    Lost on the plates, the painter got, making a grid on metal instead of old samurai armor plates. Lost in historical references and Angel’s highlighting work, he seems to have been. :sleuth_or_spy::laughing:

For a ‘pilot’ for the Triphammer tag, if you want, remember the Warcor is curiously the same.
    [​IMG]

Gwynbleidd and LaughinGod like this.
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

A very strange thing about the Yu Jing White Banner expansion pack, there is. As the box cover, we have the troop leaked by the artist, ‘Silver Snakes’. But in the box, this figure is not, according to the given visuals and box contents.

[​IMG]
    versus
    [​IMG]

Corvusbellian error, conspiration,... ? :thinking_face:

Gwynbleidd and burlesford like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I wish they would come out with more than 2 Ye Mao! Just one more! (actually, two because I haven’t gotten the one that’s in the box filled with minis I don’t want). They are AVA4 and can be in a core! I want to make at least a damn haris without needing to proxy them. It’s been how many years since WB came out? YJ has only received 3 new figures this year so far and only 3 last year if you don’t count Daebak REF. In 2022 it was only 5. Karhu and Vargar each got a box of 3, why not Ye Mao?

Because F Yu Jing? They probably had the artist make something but didn't actually make the figure.

Daireann likes this.
  6. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

According to this I can say, that silver snakes are hidden deployment unit. But CB forgot, where they were deployed...

I don't understand this pack. White banner and Hac tao?.. Plus it is not even hmg hac tao...

7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

No snow shang ji and hac tao which is not in this sectorial, it's all a joke this box :joy:
    It's a good thing the germans aren't here to see it, because they'd go berserk. :laughing:

8. Space Ranger

Considering this was the last Alpha pack, it’s even weirder.

My guess is they meant to put in the Daofei but they didn’t pass their discover to find him.

[​IMG]

Daireann likes this.
  9. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think he looks a little bit girlish. The small goat-beard could be mistaken as a simple shadow on the chin.
    Maybe I get the old one, but to be honest he is one of the chars I realy don´t missed in a game.

Wir sind hier! :flag-de: Und wir sind nicht erfreut.

This box is a bad joke in many ways: First it show the Silver Snake (which is a new N5 troop according to the rumors) that is total not an artwort of one of the three minis inside. Second its not a White Banner expansion because Hac Tao are not in WB (which means maybe we get him by mistake ;-). And Third even if all minis are WB its still weird with to hackers and one HD troop (at least two of them wearing unneccessary swords, even one of them knows where is the pointy end has to go).

Buh:see_no_evil:

This is named Yu Jing Booster Pack Alpha. Not WB.

PS: I still want the Yu Jing #1 Mug :pray:

From the other releases I am only interested in the REO - the regular one looks nice and maybe I will get a scond one (at least I have two non-O-12 sectorials where I can play him).

10. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

White Banner Expansion pack includes Hac Tao?

So either that's a mistake or placeholder for the Silver Snake because the studio model hasn't been pained yet.
    Or Hac Tao is moving to White Banner which I don't think would have great implications.

Daireann likes this.
  11. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

Man do I miss Angel as the studio painter!

12. Space Ranger

I think it's just a mistake. I'll be more than a bit irritated if they put a new figure in with two old ones. It will be another FU to veterans who have had the old figures for years already and they make you get them again.

13. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

If that happens I will be shocked. Of all the things that could be, its least of all likely to be that. It’s much more likely that it’s just a name mixup as was pointed out, Since I’ve been playing/buying infinity, not once have I ever seen CB put a new sculpt with old ones. I have seen many many forum posts of people fearful that they would cross that line, but so far they haven’t. (Not including equipment and a couple times helper bots were reused,)

Even the new essentials line is exclusively old sculpts that veterans wouldn’t need. Based on their history in this area I don’t expect them to ever do that.
    Not saying they don’t make mistakes either. We all do. But as of right now, unless something drastic changes in their marketing management, this shouldn’t happen.

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

I really like the new Keistosu and Fusliers, but the bad thing about them, like with White Banner and Winter Force Zhanshi and Fusiliers, they look out of place when next to any SWC troops. I’m pretty confident they will not be coming out with new SWC versions of those troops. But they look like totally different troops on the board.

LaughinGod and Daireann like this.
  15. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Senku Troops they are not Keisotsu, they are a completely new Line Troop for the new JSA sectorial. So they will probably get their own SWC box in the future.

16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Both Fennec and Setsu are sectorial only/new troops, so an SWC box is not out of the question. Kind of Regulares and Celestial Guard vs Fusiliers and Zhanshi.

Gwynbleidd and Abrilete like this.
  17. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I hope at least senkus have BS 11 so they can properly use SWC weapons

Someone have 360 images of the Triphammer? Someone said in chats that he carries the Mk12 or spitfire in the back...

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

19. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Sounds like they were thinking of the new Ratnik.

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, in my case I put all miniatures' purchases on hold - till I know how my 7 armies look like in N5.

No point in purchasing models that might not make it into next edition for the armies I have & play.

Though, TBH, I'm split on the Triphammer - its release suggests at least some NA2 (and I do play Druze & StarCo) are likely to remain in N5, as they (and Ikari, IIRC) have non-Merc access to Triphamers... :thinking_face:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation