N5 Speculation

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Brokenwolf, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Now that we know that N5 is coming in October 2024, what do you think it will bring?

I will start:
    1. More TAG profiles.
    2. Big change to Guided.
    3. EVO bots providing two Orders by Default.
    4. Reinforcements Integrated in the full game.

Edit: And Please let D-charges make Narrow Gates in walls again!

#1 Brokenwolf, Aug 3, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
  2. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In addition to announced changes : remove frenzy, remove biometric visor, remove shock and related rules, no linkable impetuous cheat in its current form, change smg and assault pistol, smaller direct templates.

3. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I'd like them to rework Sixth Sense it could really use an unnesting of rules. fire teams too, make them a little less mechanically powerful, I think their existence is largely fine but I think the last rework went too far.

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

You think after the last rework they are still too powerful?

I personally hope they either get rid of troop categories (elite, veteran, spec. trained etc.) or finally make all of them more relevant, not just a few for a handful of classifieds.

Oh, and I hope MI gets cheaper,

5. SpectralOwl

Less DTWs. Please. I'm begging here. Face-to-Face rolling is a fun mechanic I would like to use.

Henshini, Thandar, Savnock and 6 others like this.
  6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I dunno about speculation but my wishlist off the top of my head would be:

• Some kind of interesting counterplay to guided (in preference to straight nerf). Like U-Turn (-6 to guided attacks) as a standard program on standard hacking devices. Or a great ARO program on KHDs (which can then be used to discourage spotlights more effectively). Or make Zero Pain more prevalent (and make the -3 mod protect all other friendly hackers that are subject to a hacking attack the same order). Or give Pitchers shotgun range bands so they can't be yeeted across the table so much. Lots of interesting options.
    • Tone down Natural Born Warrior. Maybe NBW just cancels negative CC mods to the trooper that has it, rather than canceling Martial Arts, which is a feels bad and is overused on too many profiles.
    • Medium Infantry get Shock immune by default for free, and very underused MI profiles get dogged or Regeneration or NWI (and pay for it) instead. This would make MI more of a step in toughness between LI and HI, when MI now often cost too much because they pay for a lot of abilities they are too fragile to reasonably reliably put to good use.
    • Martial Arts streamlined to +1 Attack Mod, -1 Opponent Mod, +1 Dam (PH) per level. This would make it both more intuitive / easy to remember and also better / more evenly scaled so different levels of skill could be better represented.
    • Reinforcement and non Reinforcement lists can play each other by default in ITS. This would just be fun and could be further balanced and add variety / nuance over time.
    • EVO's to get a little better - possibly gain tac aware, and / or provide a bonus command token, be able to start with a program active by spending a command token, and get some kind of minimal defence (maybe gain Zero Pain and a Zapper).
    • Troop Cap to stay but make a bit more inuitive sense / nuance. Maybe your troop cap = your Lt WIP (+1 per command token spent - with ways for very appropriate factions to get more cmd tokens Like Lt +1 etc) or similar.
    • Another Clarity pass over the rules. Clear up where ever it is still unclear - make the intent of each rule more clear.
    Few others probably - but those are the ones that come straight to mind!

#6 Hachiman Taro, Aug 4, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

My wishlist would be:

• Crit rework: instead of +1 impact per crit dice (which increases randomness again), just make all impacts in a FtF won by a crit be against ARM or BTS 0. Not only would that make risks more predictable, it would make some crit AROs valid options (Combi Rifle Vs Jotum in cover, for example) instead of a hail mary.
    • Costs revision: all weapons that bank their "cheapness" into being able to tell where the ZoC ends should be more expensive due to the changes allowing for checking ZoC on each Short Order.
      • Also cost revision for SMGs.
    • Removal of repeaters on a lot of profiles, or the addition of Nullifiers back into the game. Specially nullifiers that can be deployed like pitchers or fastpandas.
    • Total Immunity and NBW: removal from cheapo troops, or changed into something with less of an impact. Specially on profiles combined with straight combos (like the Chimera having MA2 and NBW at the same time).
    • EVO hacking device revision. Give supportware back to regular hacking and plus devices, make the EVO able to consume a Command Token to start the game with a supportware enabled.
    • More command tokens for everybody. The amount of expenditure options has grown so much it makes certain expenditures straight no-no most of the time, and removal of command token options seems bad.
    • A non-command tokens game mode in which those can only be used for remaking Fireteams, 1-2 coordinateds per turn, and doctor/engineer rerrolls.
    • Fireteams simplification and rework: only way to get +BS is to have a pure 5 man core (you get the +3). Only characters serve as "count as", and wildcards should be extremely limited (no more than 2 per sectorial, also characters or a very low AVA troop). All Fireteams must have more of the "creation troop" than all the others combined (so you can have 2 Riot grrls in a Moderators core, only if there are 3 Moderators, but you could have one other troop in a 2 riot haris, for example).

8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

rework fireteams, 6th sense only for pure fireteams, much less mixed fireteams allowed

Hacking network nerf

Costs recalculated, both troops profiles and equipment costs

Special rules for certain fireteams, like Tarlok fireteams in morat

Revamped CC

Fire ammo returns (and still burn down mimetism)

MI get Shock Inmune as default

Hitting with 2 medikits/gizmokits and sucessfully rolling both dices allow to recover 2 wounds/EST

MAGA (Make Ariadna Great Again)

9. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Big redesign of everything arround the system.
    If not:
    15 model cap removed or increased to 16 (8+8) but with no work arounds.
    Points increase for everyone and everything.
    Elite factions with 10 to 12 models max.
    Limited insertion and one group lists valid again.
    Reduced lethality of hyper competitive profiles so the basic line troops can actually do stuff and shoot things with basic rifles again.
    Regain faction gameplay identity.
    Reduce the first turn alpha stike focus, reduce the center piece effect.
    Complete redesign of the link team concept.
    Reintroduce side counters to visual modifiers like burnt state so everything stops circling so much around visors and mimetism.
    Remove all mercenaries from vanilla armies.
    Fix powercreep models like the bearpode.
    Fix forgotten factions like mrrf.
    Proper inner balance, for example tank hunters not being able to compete with spetsnaz for the same cost, and dragged by useless AP mines that make no sense for them. Basically considering a faction being healthy when as many models as possible make sense and are good options, not just W/L data.
    Drastically reduce the models that can deploy at the enemy table edge like margot and durok, van zant was ok because he has quite a restricted profile, a dog warrior with 2 chain rifles and multiple wounds is not ok, it's not fun or interactive.
    Reduce the presence of promotional profiles like aristeya or kickstarter ones.
    Characters as side grades, not just better versions of existing troops.
    Cardboard tokens printed on box flaps again.
    Constant steps and updates to improve the game, for everyone, not just one specific faction.

In any case, the thing is already written since its very close to release.
    N4 killed the game for me and my community. I would like to see CB taking the right steps again, it's just that N4 has made me extremely skeptical.

#9 MATRAKA14, Aug 4, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
    kbit and emperorsaistone like this.
  10. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

That would be why I made that suggestion yes.
    Though as @fari said it's largely the application of Sixth Sense that I want change, it makes them largely immune to all sorts of counterplay (smoke+msv shooting, ambush camo, hell even flanking models, etc.). Though I also don't like the sheer amount of mix and match fire teams and the double column fire team bonus chart, though that might just be because I'm old and can't remember everything. :laughing:

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Everything we know about N5

Resume:
    - Code One will disappear, to be replaced by N5, with a range of "essential" products designed to provide a business logic comparable to C1. There should be a quick rulebook like before.
    - The factions will see their packaging and the way they are sold changed very significantly, so there will be a lot of last chance to give rise to a new sales optic, which may include fig fonts and heavy modification of troop choices a priori.
    - Guided missiles will be reviewed.
    - There'll be something around vehicles, and they'll have their own unit class.
    - CC and Martial Arts will be revised.
    - Reinforcements mode will be reworked.

#11 Wizzy, Aug 4, 2024
  12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think they are done already.

But I hope shock is removed (it will save a lot of space on the profiles) and useless or non used skills like deactivator will go.

Finetuning of profiles and rework of points Formular, so we can all benefit of the magic, that is the silverstar primelord.

NBA and guides should been fixed. EVO could use a more supportive role.

Fireteams could be more restrictive and the promised fluff skills could be added.

I would like to see better options for strategic CT use. Remove orders is like a auto use. I would not shed a tear if it will be removed.

#12 archon, Aug 4, 2024
    LaughinGod and burlesford like this.
  13. fari

16 as limit cap, i like that too. I miss my 8+8 lists
    Mercs and promo profiles out of vanilla, yes please

EDIT: I forgot, make single group lists inmune to be order stripped with Command token. If the list contains troops with NCO or Tactical Awareness, the oponent can strip two orders as usual

#13 fari, Aug 4, 2024
    kbit, burlesford and MATRAKA14 like this.
  14. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

My wishlist is very short: keep Tohaa playable.

15. fari

Oh, another one, MUCH MORE sectorial exclusive troops. It will help to reduce the Vanilla bloat

16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

I would like to see a reduction in the number of mercs on generic factions, a cut in the number of skills in all profiles, and most importantly, a truly logical and standardised Point system.

17. kbit

kbit New Member

I would love to see all SWC values and limits be multiplied by two. No point values should ever need to use decimals! It won't even affect anything, just make it nicer to look at and reason about.

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Came up with one more: I hope O-12 prestige will become part of the core rules. It's a really nice mechanic that alleviates the 15 troop cap a bit, but not too much.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  19. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I'd like Light shotguns to lose the template mode - they are very good for cost in N4, especially being able to measure ZOC, and there are a lot of DTWs in N4 because of all shotguns having them, which distorts the game towards Troopers with (cheap) second wounds.

20. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

I would agree. The one firing mode is fine. I also think boarding shotguns should get the same treatment, but replace their template firing mode with B1 DA anti-materiel firing mode.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation