May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

For what the Mechazoid bings to the table, i'll go 90% time with the Daiyokai. Yes, i have -1 armor and half less wound, but im smaller, i can go in haris and i can complete more missions. Oh, and i can repeat my doctor rolls.

You already have a samurai TAG, go wilder. A tougher Karakuri, with AP inmunity, medium range weaponry and being Forward observer.

Or a Ninja TAG. Climbing+, Mim-6, Martial arts, NBW, and close range weaponry.

#321 fari, Jul 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    Lady Numiria and burlesford like this.
  2. belias13

belias13 Well-Known Member

It's seems to me that the cc skills and weapon are exactly the same as the o-yoroi...exactly the same, which Is suspicious. Is It possibile that the profile Is an half version modified from the o-yoroi profile and the "real" profile Will be different when It Will come in the army?

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Boring. Just a smaller O-Yoroi. A nice option when you low on points. Nothing fancy an it. Just a copy and you loos a lot for the max. 15 pts you save. It looks nice though but it added nearly nothing to the faction.

If they can do a silverstar optimus why they are unable to design a intresting set of rules for JSA. I would even give the CC ability away for some unique guns (to late its alredy sculpted with HMG and big swords (which normaly indicate that a unit is good at shooting). Some terrain skills, a set of mid- to close-range weapons, HD without mimetism, forward deployment, anything that is not just a smaller OY. Even a plain B5 Spitfire would do it. Hacker-3, a tinbot, Immunity (BS-3) :smiling_imp:

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Would have been interesting to have the first Frenzy tag. Berserk, mim-3, +1B CC, short range weapons.

fari and burlesford like this.
  5. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I just got the email advertising the release of the Tikbalang and Mechazoid.

The thing that really stands out to me is that they advertise the Mechazoid as “unprecedented”. I don’t really understand this decision after thinking more on it. It’s a Shakush with CC ability. The thing is, for all the hate the Shakush gets, it is in the 50pt range and gives something Haqq didn’t have before. A Tag in HB. And a 3W unit that’s 30pts cheaper than the most expensive Maggie. Which is substantial, especially in Haqq where many good cheap troop options live.

The Tik has very unique abilities with its mim and C+ and even shock mines in the non MO loadout.

In JSA the O-Yoroi has very unique abilities for a tag. Specifically stealth and crazy koalas along with its CC abilities. I am very confused by the decision to add something new and cool and exciting to hype up that leaves you so whelmed. Very big opportunity to do neat unusual “unprecedented” things. The transmutation idea many people had would’ve been so cool on a tag too. Nope. Just a basic tag that can punch things decently well. And shoot decently well.

It’s fine. And I’m happy about the model design. But it could’ve been so much more.

burlesford and nehemiah like this.
  6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I get what people are saying. If feels like the Squalo Mark 2 versus the Mark 1. S6 and a Pulzar does has some strengths though.

burlesford likes this.
  7. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

For sure. I don’t think it’s bad by any means. I think things like Torchlight hurt our expectations. Because we know CB can come out with new beastly profiles. And we want all the new shinys to be game breaking powerful. And when they’re less special and more straightforward we can feel let down.
    I think it’s completely useable. And it might have fireteam options or something that still change its dynamic. We’ll see next week.

Also as a side point. Some have brought up that the point difference between the Mechazoid and the O-Yoroi is only enough to get something cheap like a remote or doc. But it does also allow for upgrading. maybe you have a good list with an O-Yoroi that has a keisotsu FO because that’s what you had points for but now you can have an Arogoto killer hacker or a Ryuken or something else that could be an upgrade to something that was just an order monkey before.

There’s always two sides to a coin and all we can do is use what’s given to us by those who control this tiny massive beautiful universe. ;)

Daniel Darko and burlesford like this.
  8. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The Chibi-Yoroi's profile is really boring.
    Maybe it'll be used a lot if it gets good fireteam options, but there is no denying that this new profile could have brought some new useful equipment or skills (albedo, perhaps?) that provided new tools to the sectorial. That's why it's so dissapointing.

9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I don't think anyone is disappointed because it's not game-breaking powerful. All we were hoping for was something original. CB has all this unused design space since N4, there were endless options of making this a unique TAG. It would have been so easy to give him just one little thing that would have set him apart from every other TAG, but instead it has the almost exact same profile as the O-Yoroi with no special skills besides Dodge (+2"). That's why this is so disappointing.

csjarrat and Space Ranger like this.
  10. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

You give JSA a second TAG it should be either

1) significantly cheaper
    Or
    2) significantly different

This is neither.

11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's not about being really powerful, it's about being different. This looks like they just degraded stats and weapons on the Oyo. He looks like a giant Domaru! He should be charging up and cutting everything into tiny pieces.

Abrilete and burlesford like this.
  12. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

You're totally right in that. I misspoke about the power aspect. I only drew that line of thinking because of the reference to TLB. But it didn’t have to be ultra powerful. Just unique. I am still curious what if any fireteam options it’ll have. Duo is almost expected. But something special might exist in that yet. If it can Harris with something that would be pretty sweet. A couple Tanko or Domaru would be a cheap easy and really cool way to do that.

burlesford likes this.
  13. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hope too much if I were you... :(

14. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

Yesterday I played against JSA with Daiyōkai leading a harris. He was a menace.
    Today, I see a Daikōkai+. Honestly, I struggle to be inspired by this, because we already have extremely similar profiles.

It is either a Daikōkai+ or O-Yoroi-. Either way, it is not sufficiently different enough in my opinion.

burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  15. fari

Mechazoid in the Army. Infinite dissapointment

BTW, we are 3 weeks from GEncon and we know nothing about. Is someone form the staff traveling to Indiana? Will be a seminar? Ahhh, who knows...

burlesford likes this.
  16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

I agree that the new products are a disappointment as a profiles, but such as models they are fantastic.
    In game terms the JSA TAG would be nice if all game profiles were drastically cut down in the number of skills and equipment.

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Yeah. Not that I expected anything else. But if everyone on every channel you're on tells you how disappointed they are by the new profile, it might have been a great idea as a company to, you know, listen?

18. fari

Now the excuse will be, it's an N5 profile cutted down to N4. You have to wait to see it's full potential...

But then you compare the new Mechazoid with the Wrecker and...

19. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

If the endgoal is not to sell it, mission accomplished. I know several people who pre-ordered or were planning to buy it and who won't. Good job CB!

20. FrozenMittens

FrozenMittens Active Member

I think I remember Bostria saying that he was going to gencon, then back to Spain, then to Denver for the Colorado Krug ITS event then back to Spain. Which is brutal cause that’s an insane amount of travel in a month.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation