May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

It has the multiple-barrel HMG PanO design meaning a MULTI or AP one.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I just want to understand their marketing here. Why come out with a TAG for a sectoral that's been hardly supported? My two stores hardly have any JSA figs right now. They also have little Need of it. A TAG would have been last on the list. But it looks cool. But most of the TAGs look cool. Looking cool can only sell so far.

xagroth likes this.
  3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

It's just how it looks, fatter daiyokai

JSA always has been one of the best selling armies

Lesh' and Brokenwolf like this.
  4. fari

Mechazoid in the army Mid-July, said by corvus in YT

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yes but why has it taken them so long? I'm guessing other things for JSA will be coming out soon. They should if they want to keep up the hype. Also the O-Yoroi came out not too long ago. It just seems weirdly timed. I it looks pretty cool though.

But red would be cooler.

[​IMG]

#265 Space Ranger, Jul 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
    Koin-Koin and Lady Numiria like this.
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I prefer to use the EVA Tiklabang for my JSA and I find that this TAG duplicates the O-Yoroi.

On the dark net they have made a matching concerning the BIG thing that was announced this summer by Corvus Belli :

[​IMG]

So they'd be normal TAGs, considering the look of the 3rd, which remains mysterious, I'd say it's the EI, it seems to fit in well with something like Tag Raid's TAG Morat or EI's 3/4-legged TAGs/remotes with mini arms.

[​IMG]

So we'd be fine with a new game mode targeting TAGs and HIs like TAG Raid, not a Megabeast thing for each faction. So the Titan lead evaporates.

funfact: I have the impression that Corvus Belli forgot that they had to release a mission pdf for their june Dire Foes box. :sweat_smile:

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  7. fari

Correct me if im wrong, but daiyokai was an unfinished project because of the loss of data during the uprising and the evacuation of the researchers and scientifics.
    What if the Mechazoid is the final form of that project?

Warsenal named it Shindenbutai. Correct? Incorrect? Name changes? Who knows...
    [​IMG]

#267 fari, Jul 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
    Arkhos94 and burlesford like this.
  8. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I'm happy they are bringing out the Tik again, but even more happy for the short re-release in metal which I was able to pickup. The new Squalo, sorry, Tikbalang, feels like a budget saver at posing stage.

I like some of the new JSA TAG, very in-theme if a bit chonky... except... that pose. Totally spoilt for me with the repetative posing. I might be able to convince myself if I see it as a badly performed taijutsu stance. At least it will look fairly unique amongst the JSA units who have very limited models in that pose :)

As for the triple tag image above - Dire Foes HVT boxset?! lol

9. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

The EVA TAG fit more in JSA than PanO, but two models are cool.
    The new JSA Tag it seems to be a S7 with HMG, I hope the rules would be really different from O-Yoroi.

10. fari

Nah, it clearly an S6 tag.

And the quad cannon pano HMG is the Multi HMG, right?

xagroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Knights of the Holy Sepulchre also have the quad barrel HMG but it counts as AP HMG.
    It seems to be the "not Normal ammo HMG" design.

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

To be entirely honest, I would rather have an AP CCW even a DA CCW on a TAG than a monofilament CCW, feels a hindrance in the hands of Speculo how much more would it be in the hands of a TAG.

13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Totally right. Would it be stupid? Yes. Would it be hella cool? F**k yes! A TAG that hunts other TAGs. Pretty much useless on the table I guess, but incredibly cinematic that one time you manage to pull it off :P

14. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

A S6 TAG would be a nice, but I hope that is different enough from the O-Yoroi.

Abrilete likes this.
  15. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I’m honestly a little surprised that it has an hmg. Even though JSA is sorely lacking on that front, an ap spitfire or mmr would favor the desire to move up and engage in close quarters and would differentiate more from O-Yoroi. Although it’s possible that there are other loadouts.

I’m very curious to see what skills it’s packing. I’d love to see it fall in the high 50s mid 60s as a unique price point and have some theamy skills like mim-3 stealth climbing plus or something like that. Maybe cc+1B

In any case I think it’s a great model. The sculpt is different enough from the other samurai while still looking like a proper JSA heavy unit in the infinity universe.

Abrilete and burlesford like this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Step 1: we need to redesign the TAG for JSA, so submit several models
    Step 2: we got a Gundam, an EVA and a thicck-er daiyokai (with some kinda insectoid helmet) in the classic Mr Massacre pose (the pre-3D one, changin the left hand)
    Step 3: we release the three designs for different factions (in Siocast, so... meh).

Profit!

It depends on the zone and how much people want to collect the army (very few play it, in my experience). Fun thing is JSA STILL has really old sculpts (Domaru and their character, "Neko" Oyama).
    Also, I find it strange for JSA to sell better than US-TAK Ariadna, frankly (since there are several "actual" army games and they are really good sculpts for current russian and US soldiers most of the time).

All factions must have 1+ models of each: S5 HI, S6 TAG and S7 TAG. Considering the Daiyokai is the S5 HI (despite the Heavyweight rule having made it count as a TAG for a time) and the O-Yoroi is the S7, well, they now have the S6 TAG.

I think I heard there will be a Reinforcements Box for JSA too, which I think it's the chance for resculpting the Domaru.

Correct and not correct, the Daiyokai was part of the Su-Jian project, so they got out without the needed data to make it a transformer. At least, back then in Outrage that was the lore.

an EM melee weapon is leagues above as a TAG hunter, frankly. Specially an AP+EM blade with Martial Arts 4... (double blades)

burlesford likes this.
  17. fari

It seems all the think big tags will be unicool

And since N4, Ariadna seems to go down in popularity, and with the exception of Kosmo, very old and unsuported sectorials

#277 fari, Jul 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    xagroth likes this.
  18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That's good to know, but I hope they make a difference. I have the Unicool Marut & female mukhtar from the premium ITS toournament box, and I had no need to clean anything, and the pieces went together great, so I'm quite in favour here.

Regarding Ariadna, I was talking about people buying the models for other games, which we have no way to measure (corvus can, by looking at the demand for the USA/TAK models), not actual Infinity games having anything but Kosmo (it would also be somewhat skewed, since troops like Dog Warriors would not sold as much, for example).

Daireann likes this.
  19. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That JSA TAG looks like it came from Red Alert 3. And not in a good way.

20. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Spanish warcor gravitypool has posted a review of the latest TAGs. In it, he talks about the design, predictions for the changes it could bring to the Army, and his feelings.

New Tags and News for August 2024
    Today we talk about the new Tikbalang and the new Japanese tag: the Sokorentai, and speculate on what they might reveal about Infinity's future.

Bostria has indicated that the TAGs will be made of Unicool plastic:
    https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=1pyEk4zqzo4&lc=UgxFO2E03_b3dKfCka94AaABAg

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation