Bakunin, StarCo, some guys from Corregidor and a few random Miniatures

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Tristan228, Apr 30, 2020.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

It's hammer time! She looks fabulous. Great work on the explosive hammer.

Tristan228 likes this.
  2. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Very nice paint job! Especially the glowing hammer.

Tristan228 likes this.
  3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Again thanks a lot for your kind words! The glow on the hammer actually began as just a doodle with my artist paints which I use in an other project but now I'm happpy I kept it. I lets the Hammer pop and on aa second level it introduces a cross motif to the model which is quite nice. :hugging_face:

Furthermore I got my next Mini finished:
    20240428_191829.jpg
    My 3rd Sin-Eater! Now I could even play a max AVA Sin-Eater list.

And, since this is my 15th fully painted miniature this year I thought a group shot of all of them would be nice:
    20240428_194054.jpg

This could actually become quite an interesting Bakunin list - if we ignore the Diablo and the Lobo :grinning:

4. Law Dawg

The colour scheme works very well. Also very nice LOF arc.

Tristan228 likes this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Man, that's one lovely lookin Observance gang! Love the Sineater. Such clean whites.

Tristan228 likes this.
  6. Tristan228

Warcor

Again, thank you very much guys :)

The last two weeks though I ventured of into the red desert of the colour wheel, since I almost never use that colour on my miniatures, and to make that trip even more adventurous I abandonned my usual paints as well. Thusly my new companions for this trip were:
    20240510_095137.jpg
    • titanium white
    • light ochre
    • vermillion red
    • ivory black
    which I freely mixed together to get the colours I wanted for Ishinomori's skin types, fur and claws/scales/thorns. His pants and gear then were painted in the blueish hues I usually paint my army with.
    20240510_011700.jpg 20240510_011747.jpg

And this actually completes my Zellenkrieger Team:
    20240510_012110.jpg

#66 Tristan228, May 10, 2024
    Last edited: May 10, 2024
    Savnock, nehemiah, Law Dawg and 4 others like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Love it. Trying out new stuff is some of the most fun you can have in this hobby. Great results!

Tristan228 likes this.
  8. Tristan228

Warcor

Yes, trying different techniques is always a refreshing activity! Also doodling on Ishi was kind of a training for a side project of mine:
    I bought the Angels starter set from Rapture (a german tabletop game) and I planned to paint them in NMM gold. But that became quite a tough task that I'll tackle again soonish.

Also, since I still had my reds on the wet pallet (those artist acrylics are almost as expensive per ml as GW paints!:upside_down_face:) I finished another mini:
    20240511_011350.jpg
    Umberto the Omn! Despite I can't play him at all since none of my armies can field him I gave him my mercenary firm's colour scheme (TriStar ltd.) with blue, yellow ochre and dark grey.
    In hindsight that colour scheme could be seen as a mockery to the official O-12 scheme :grin:
    Damn that's food for the next campaign!

#68 Tristan228, May 11, 2024
    Last edited: May 11, 2024
    nehemiah, jherazob, Law Dawg and 3 others like this.
  9. Law Dawg

How do the artist acrylics compare to dedicated miniature acrylics? Do they apply nicely to small surfaces?

10. Tristan228

Warcor

So the paints come in a pasty consistency, thusly you'll need a bit more water or dedicated thinning medium for acrylics to get them to the consitency you prefer. So far I'm quite happy about their base consitency because sharp highlights on edges are easily done, or Ishinomori's eyes. One thing that still irks me though is that they accumulate water from the wet pallet like crazy (e.g. the ochre can turn from paste to thin glaze in a mere hours). So yeah, that's something I have to keep in mind if I take a brake or else. Also the different paints have different coverage abilities but that's actually noted on the tubes! Also the pigments used for the paints are listed on the tubes too, Ninjon explains that quite well.
    Also there's a really good video from Marco Frisoni about the Zorn limited pallete technique which brought me to the whole thing :grin:

jherazob and Law Dawg like this.
  11. Tristan228

Warcor

20240604_072844.jpg
    Since today's my 10th anniversary with Infinity I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to finally get my long and often postponed conversion done: the BSG/Killerhacker Prowler. This minature is perfect for this day since my first painted Infinity miniature was the ADHL Prowler this mini is based on (hopefully you'll see all three of them painted today, I'm already working on that:wink:). So see ya soon:tm: :laughing:

12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Happy 10th anniversary!
    Congratulations on sticking with this wonderful game for so long :) Still love that Prowler pose, it was one of my first infinity models as well. Great conversion!

Tristan228 and Brokenwolf like this.
  13. Tristan228

Warcor

Hahaha, thanks a lot! And I hope the next 10 years will be as joyful as the last decade (on average, N4 is still tough to love for me :sweat_smile:)!

Buuut, now the main star of this day:
    20240604_231109.jpg 20240604_232842.jpg 20240604_232942.jpg

I stood close to the Prowlers' colour scheme but did diverge a bit here by introducing a low vis version of my powder blue armour colour, after all he's a Hacker and those guys from IT are always a bit special :grin:
    Also he's the firs of his peers who sports the actual Bakunin badge instread of the Nomad one and furthermore he didn't recieve the venerated Pulpi patch since this one is exclusive for the original 18 Troopers I played at my first Interplanetario (which was almost eight years ago. Yeah, tell people you're old without telling them :smile:).

14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Lookin' good! Love the sculpt mod, and the paint. I also really like the way you did your LoF markings, and I'll be copying that layered bands approach a bit if you don't mind (but modified to have the midpoint and edge marks echo the sculpted ones, as my Nomads mix older models with no LoF bases and some new ones with the LoF built in).

#74 Savnock, Jun 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    Tristan228 likes this.
  15. Tristan228

Warcor

Thanks s lot! Well, I don't mind. I mean slapping a colour triad on a base rim is no proprietary art:smile: But be warned, with this technique you're basically painting three LOF markings on top of each other this'll get you mad eventually (so my suggestion is to use the easiest and laziest way to achive that layered effect):grin:

Savnock likes this.
  16. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Thanks for the warning! I might try making a set of templates out of greenstuff or something so I can paint them faster.

Tristan228 likes this.
  17. Tristan228

Warcor

That sounds like a damn good idea.

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Looking great.

Tristan228 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation