January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Milbloggers are a crazy bunch.

Errhile likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I love basically all of this. The MRRF box. Jacques Bruant. The Sophotect. Sonya. The Daemonist. So many great minis.

I also love the idea of turning Warcors into bots. The Human Sphere looked at the inhuman proclivity of every single faction to put flashlights into the poor reporter's hands and use them as expendable meatshields and decided: no more. Such a senseless waste of human lives. Let robots take their jobs

The only thing that isn't my thing at all is the Wrecker, but I already knew that from the artwork, and it goes in line with the rest of Torchlight. But everything else... *chef's kiss*

Time Bandit, Daireann and Modock like this.
  3. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Yeah they did a great job with the French, top sculpts, on the other hand the Wrecker is the worst looking TAG, well Bultrak is worse my number 1 from the bottom.
    Wrecker is just a fat piece of metal with an ugly crown on top.

burlesford likes this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Infinity is your main game as a company. The brand ambassador you sent to the event only talks about Warcrow and cant answer Infinity related questions. But we are haters and cospiranoids when we say Corvus doesnt care about Infinity anymore.

redeemer, burlesford, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  5. Iro

Iro Unidron, Dron, Dron, saca los cuernos al Sol~~

THIS. @corvusbelli, Infinity is your main game and should always be the priority. A slower release of Infinity is a big mistake. Your brand ambassador MUST know Infinity. We are all here to receive juicy news about this fantastic game and new news and content about it. It's quite sad that the pace of new developments in the main game is so slowed down by a bet like Warcrow instead of prioritizing a proven, safe product that couldn't be more alive.

Please, more support into Infinity and balancing it with regular profile reviews.

burlesford and Stiopa like this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Ummmmm… the glut of new minis previewed, the new army on sale at Adepticon/up for preorder, the teaser for GenCon, Infinity Global Week are evidence that they do. Additionally, there might be personal/private reasons they sent one spokesperson versus another…

7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I cant say it this way. Of course I expect attention and some love to Infinity from CB, but it doesn't mean other projects should be only secondary.

I doubt, I would play Warcrow because of thermoplastic miniatures, but I would not be against it.
    Lets hope, that Infinity would not be a test area for warcrow ideas)
    And that it would be two very different games.

Iro likes this.
  8. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

To me the biggest surprise was the new liberto. First, I love the omn and I definitely want to see more of them. But you don't need more than one liberto in a list and so far we've had two libertos, one of which general release. Both fairly good, 3D sculpted miniatures, nice-looking... With so many merc units oop and several factions oop, new liberto was definitely not something I'd expect. I wonder if there are some lore reasons and whether we won't see a liberto rework?

Infinity announced new initiative (Global week) and teased another product or line with the "think big" thing. We also just got a new sectorial and the overarching plot of the setting is going in a new direction. So there's obviously a lot of care and planning involved. Now, as much as I love Hoopoe's energy and her love for her fantasy boys and girls, she should have been able to answer Infinity questions, since she was the only CB ambassador there (and frankly it makes no sense to send two). But this is a blunder of one person, who has been focused on a different product, not an indication for a general company policy.

Also - I love the new Frenchies and the demonist! Please let it not be siocast, please let it not be siocast...

Daniel Darko, burlesford and Iro like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

So Carlos couldn't make it. That's your proof they don't care? Lol. Do better than that guys. Show me proof they don't care. So far I don't see it at all. I can be pretty negative in CB sometimes but but I still try not to be biased. They came out with a lot more figures than ever before last year, had the summer campaign, have created a new sectoral, and all of the same stuff they do every year, but you still think they don't care? Their damn lives are are practically on the line here! Is it because they just didn't do the exact things you wanted them to do? Well tough break! If I had my way this year would have been Yu Jing becoming the top power, a revival of ISS, tweeks of IA, and get a third TAG. Instead I started playing Starmada and having fun. Also instead of gripping about Warcrow, I had a demo of it and actually liked it. I may even get into it if they come out with an interesting faction for me. I hope that it does well for them.

10. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't really think CB is like, abandoning Infinity at all. They're really trying to build inertia for Warcrow and it's a big focus that they put a lot of money into, so hopefully they manage to hit a good balance between all their games.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Otherwise, we can see that the meros don't change much from their previous designs, so we could assume from this trajectory that if we had the other units in a possible reboot, we'd still have these designs but updated.

The big stuff from the final picture, which shows the wrecker, looks to be nothing more than a wave of TAGs, so there's no reason to expect the Megalodon to make an appearance (especially as it would have been bigger than the rest of the silhouettes).
    I suppose we can get some ideas of what TAGs might come out based on what hasn't been reskinned and is still to come out.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I would LOVE another TAGLINE! The videos were great and fun!

13. fari

This is not the first signal of CB ignoring their main product, is just another one...

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

CB creates another team to focus on Warcrow to not divert resources from infinity, creates a second brand ambassador for Warcrow and people complain that the Warcrow brand ambassador the year Warcrow is been launched is send abroad to demo and that she cannot answer questions related to Infinity?

Sometimes you make me raise an eyebrow....

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You are definitely wrong, the head clearly should from THE-O or from a DOM Trooper.

Space Ranger and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. fari

She is not Warcrow brand ambassador, she is CB brand ambassador, and was presented like that, so she must represent the full brand, and not only her game.

Warcrow will not divert resources from Infinity. Biggest lie ever. We all appreciated the drop in quality, testing and interest in Infinity since WC came to the spotlight. If something happen to the 2 guys who care about Infinity, all is stopped until someone can get back to the office and get up to date with all the cumulated chores.

Iro likes this.
  17. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, if we’re honest, it’s the forums. No matter what CB did, the peat would rage. “Bostria wasn’t there at Adepticon! CB doesn’t care about Infinity!!! Never mind the new army, or the huge number of minis previewed, nor the upcoming Infinity Global Week, or the other things they’re doing!!!”

Time Bandit, saint, Papa Bey and 2 others like this.
  18. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

The new MRRF looks really nice. Warcor being remote presence makes so much more sense. I like all the new models coming out except for Sophotec. The model doesn't really translate high tech medic/Engie for me. Oh well at least she's back in production and I will be getting her for IS.

Do we really need another Libertos though?

burlesford likes this.
  19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Sad but true.

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

There are quite a few TAGs who weren't yet redone in siocast.

And if redoing them in new material would mean revisiting the profiels as well, I wouldn't say no. IMO, for example, things like Anaconda and Iguana need a serious rewrite, and they need it badly.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation