January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Touch grass, I'm begging you

Anyway Lupe looks ace. Definitely getting that box!

VeryFastPanda, saint and Drakefall like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Look, mad as hell that I'm pointing out facts again. If it upsets you that much the ignore button is there.

Which you'd use but it kills you inside that I'm right all the damn time.

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Fair point, ignore list it is

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Self proclaiming been right does not make you right.

Regardless of been right or wrong though, your attitude discredits and devalues whatever you try to preach, either correct it or accept that in the near future there might be a time out period.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wait, did Solar just call Triumph a "whiny little bitch" and you are arguing against Triumph's attitude and fucking threatening him with a "time out"? Meanwhile if it was Hecaton insulting people you would be up in arms already. Truly the moderation of all time.

Btw, self proclaiming you are right doesn't make you right, but arguing your point maybe does, something I always see Triumph doing yet rarely I see you do, and never Solar

6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It would be great if ppl could attack the argument instead of the person, even if they come across as abrasive.

7. psychoticstorm

Repeated and unrepentant offenders will not have the benefit of private communication about their infringements anymore.

Arguing for your point by attacking lectically as abrasive as you can everybody that disagrees (providing or not data about their points) is never a way to prove you are right.

I would prefer people attack the argument and only the argument, in a calm and constructed way, nothing is gained from been aggressive and abrasive except people who do not like you.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see her being useful in 400pts where slots are the restriction and not points

9. SpectralOwl

This, please. The blatant gaming of the formula to make new releases artificially attractive is intensely annoying to those it doesn't benefit, but that's no reason to act like an idiot. By the same token, calling others "whiny" for pointing out uneven treatment will only piss them off, Infinity may be "just a game" but it's also a luxury product with an asking price that can certainly cover things like proofreading, playtesting or thirty seconds of rules maintenance per year..

Lesh', xagroth, Stiopa and 1 other person like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

Because I have seen the circle of doom and gloom with each new sectorial release or old sectorial rework and it peaks when people have no access to the army and falls to the opposite end when people field their first lists and are faced with the problems the sectorial has, only to even out when practical experience settles in, I think its quite premature to assess the situation realistically just yet.

For example everybody freaked about Sombras and Gator when they were showed up for first time and practically hardly anybody uses them, when if that initial perception was correct they would be as prevalent as jazz is in lists.

kesharq, Solar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@psychoticstorm Yeah, being abrasive and offensive does damage one's argument, but 1) it works both ways, and 2) so does preferential treatment, or constant ignoring of concerns people voice. It's far easier to respect other side of the argument if you're treated fairly and your arguments are actually being considered, not dismissed out of hand.

The arguments that are being raised - and Hecaton and Triumph are hardly the only ones doing so - were raised and ignored or ridiculed for years. Some people just stepped out and stopped arguing outright, some people radicalised, and yeah, some were always radical. But if you demand, and rightly so, that people behave, demand it from all sides of this debacle.

As for Sombras and Gators, regardless of usage statistics, they're the kind of units that Nomads shouldn't have, especially Gator. The arguments for this were discussed ad nauseam.

12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Some of this age-old discussion could be laid to rest by a simple statement like "We are aware that some of these profiles look to be comparatively cheap, but this is intentional and part of our overarching game and faction design."

While this wouldn't fix the underlying issue parts of the playerbase are seeing, it would at least stop this name-calling and dispel the notion that this is some imaginary boogeyman and that people are crazy for calling out these discrepancies. If it's intended, fine, the discussion will shift towards whether that's the right approach. But currently we are left in limbo where we don't know whether these things are deliberate, errors in the formula or some dude in the rules department sneaking in advantages for his pet faction.

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

To include some actual news in this thread: :P

14. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Stiopa likes this.
  15. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm kinda amazed how they managed to make this sectorial a mix of 50% cool and unique concepts and 50% derivative designs taken straight from other factions.

Lesh', Benkei, xagroth and 1 other person like this.
  16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

yayyyy, AP+Fire templates and AP chain rifles in a tag, 6-2 MI mimetic hackers with upgrades, exp CCW and D-charges, 15 points infiltrator remotes, more plasma outside CA...
    Thank god im quitting Infinity.

xagroth, Daireann and Stiopa like this.
  17. Sven F.

Sven F. Dismember

Bye.

18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Is that... not Sonya Blade from latest MKs? Please give your designers money for drugs, they clearly need a boost of imagination

(Oh, and please put Nier Automata on the list for future ripoffs)

#598 Lucian, Mar 8, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    xagroth likes this.
  19. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I would like to know where is gone the conception expressed by developers that 6-2 MOV was something reserved to HIs and creatures beyond human. All this MIs with MOV 6-2 so that they can follow the silverstar link looks like lazy design. Let's not make players take decisions about taking some advantages in exchange for some disadvantages.

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Ok i guess I'll put them up.

I like most of them. I'm not going to complain about them being too similar to this or that. There's only so much they can do within the rules and context of the game and keep it fairly balanced.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lady Numiria, archon and Brokenwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation