January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Let's sidestep the main discussion - could you please elaborate what you have in mind?

As far as I understeand the rules (and I may well be in the wrong there!), a model with Stealth could (figuratively) dance a fiery tango inside of a Hacker's ZoC (but out of LoS), as long as the Stealth model does not attack / perform any other action that breaks their Stealth. The Sixth Sense (let me remind you, in N4 the skill no longer separates into L1 and L2) does nothing here.
    Requirement for the Sixth Sense being: the user must be a target of an attack.

Unless "Stealth is not effective against models with Sixth Sense" should be treated as a separate use, not having the prerequisite of being attacked...?

2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That's exactly what it means. Stealth doesn't work in th ZoC of someone with Sixth Sense.

3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

why are you comparing strider with the sombras? Compare it with the Zencha

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Thank you.

Well, CB's way of writing down the rules surprises me again...

xagroth likes this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Stealth is not effective against units with sixth sense, I.e if you have stealth and they have sixth sense, your stealth doesn't work, and if you are within ZoC of a repeater they control, a Sixth Sense hacker gets an ARO

I will grant you, this is not considered a 100% solved rules problem I believe and the FAQ does not clarify but that is how everyone I have played against irl ever has played it

Papa Bey and Errhile like this.
  6. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

They all have really good BTS, and with so many hackable HIs, adding a Fairy Dust EVO bot seems like a nobrainer. With BTS 6-9 and a firewall, hacking becomes a somewhat unreliable option.

7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well because it has the exact same statline and almost exactly the same skills. Sombre has C+, Strider has Hackable and NCO. They both have an identically armed Red Fury profile

That seems like a reasonable basis for comparison my guy

Brokenwolf, Time Bandit and xagroth like this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

BTS 6 is 3 against Oblivion, and that's only 1 better than 3/2 = 2 for BTS 2. Tinbot is only +3. A Rover saves vs Oblivion on an 11, that's not great. If someone gets a repeater near that 140pt link team and has a couple of hackers, that's a real roadblock if you can't deal with either well.

Sedral likes this.
  9. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#549 TenNoBushi, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Finally something I'm interested in! The Rollergirl and Lupe look cute. Here's to hoping they don't ruin Sonya's pose, and that's a Dire Foes box I'll definitely get. Not that Lupe is a profile I'll ever play unless it gets fixed with the release, but she'll make a great Beasthunter proxy.

I'm digging out this older post because it explains perfectly exactly what I thought when I saw the Kludgers design next to the monstrosity that is the Wrecker. One looks like cool Infinity Cyberpunk special operative, the other is a fantasy dude straight out of Warmachine or sci-fi Diablo...

xagroth likes this.
  11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Nice to see Nomads get a release after so long without, #blessed

Lady Numiria likes this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Also, are they trying to tell us that his shoulder pads are detachable remotes? XD

Time Bandit likes this.
  13. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Interesting development. The Dire Foes box is really good. It brings back an OOP character, Lupe Balboa, along with an almost-bootleg HVT. Heck the whole Dire Foes is bootleg, if you ask me, which isn't bad. They are still well within infinity aesthetics and the design similarities between the roller girl and Lei Gong are welcome. Definitely shows that CB's design skills have not gone downhill at all. Only thing I'm sad personally is that I hoped to see Pancho as a peripheral.

Kludgers also look fairly good, the design is more traditionally O-12, but the loadouts don't indicate gizmokit, so I'm not sure what this Kludger+Waverider box is going to be. Are waveriders going to pull off a Zoe and be hacker-engineers? That would be rather interesting. Speaking as a nomad, they will have a lot of work to do with all the tasty HI in this sectorial.

Wrecker is a wreck. The image reminds me of "A Fiddler on the Roof" where Tzeitel sings "he's handsome, he's tall, that 's from side to side.". It makes blackjacks look like Donatello's David. In short - a true piece of art, with an inbuilt bottle-opener on top. This is my least favourite TAG ever designed after the Bultrak. Judging from the weapons, it seems fairly close to a Shakush, so I won't be surprised to see a lot of proxying going on there. It will also have to pull off either cheap cost or some interesting skill/equipment to compete with the rather strong HI options of the sectorial.

burlesford likes this.
  14. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Almost all of the Remote Pilots were detachable shoulder pads...

Lady Numiria and nehemiah like this.
  15. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

I can't unsee the Reinhardt (Overwatch) helmet on this one.
    Maybe by changing helmets/head on some designs that would change something.
    I would like to see a Doom Slayer helmet on the Hellblazer :D

Klugder looks like an Alphabet soldier, I dig it a lot.

xagroth and UpirLihi like this.
  16. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

This is the first Dire Foes box in a while that I have been interested in. I love the Models! The Nightshade will also make a great Boarding Shotgun Fiday proxy.

kesharq, Time Bandit and burlesford like this.
  17. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Wreckers continue to reinforce my "awesome Saturday morning cartoon" impression. And I will never not think that 'Kludgers' is a funny name, it just seems so low brow for high ideals O-12. They're looking fun though, hopefully I'll have the time and coin to try them out after I get my living situation sorted.
    *Grumbles*
    Bloody stupid housing market .

Brokenwolf, Space Ranger and UpirLihi like this.
  18. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Rollergirl seems to be a wink to Takkure, so given that the design has been incorporated into Infinity, we could easily use Takkure's miniatures to make other HVT sports characters. At the same time, she could serve as Takkure's proxie.

in terms of planning, it would be this:
    Nightshades in May.
    Dire foes sonya, rollerball and balboa in June.
    Wreckers this summer (probably July before the gencon with warcrow).
    Expansion pack in September.
    Raveneye around October.
    Expansion pack beta between December and January if delayed.

19. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm in love with Rollergirl.

20. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

And a very big Gencon question mark. Even if the spotlight will be Warcrow, there will have to be something Infinity-related

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation