January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Especially since the Prime is supposed to have an HMG as well. So instead of putting the Gamma in there, we get another slightly different S5 HMG platform... At least my Gamma HMG will be the perfect (and imo more beautiful) proxy :)

2. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Look, overlapping profiles is something inevitable and not necessarily bad. A combat medic is a combat medic, RPG on a crawling bot is RPG on a crawling bot and a 2.5 meters tall machine gunner... yeah. As long as they have different fluff and visual identity, that is okay and will even allow players some creative narrative or visual decisions (as with a Prime in gamma armor).

Likewise having different versions of the same unit is also cool. Fusiliers with coats, fusiliers without coats, tech bees in furs, Achilles in speedos, Raveneye officers with Torchlight logos and bulkier coats... This also gives options and tickles some people's collection obsession. And I've yet to see someone complaining that all bounty hunters are different for example.

Problems occur from bloat in the availability of fillers and mercs on one hand and core OOP units and whole OOP factions on the other (honestly, does Bakunin need longarms and zellenkriegers, especially when swc moderators are oop) .

Lesh', Urobros, Time Bandit and 2 others like this.
  3. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

I have no problem waiting for a whole O-12 Alphabet sectorial including Lynx as they are my favourite designs of the faction.

4. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, but the strider concept reminds me a lot of the main antagonist from Death Stranding. Specially with the golden mask theme

Vanilla o-12 has 9 in-faction exclusives, not counting mercenaries or other armies borrows. In fact the list, up to my knowledge, is:

Alphas
    Deltas
    Cuervo
    Gangbusters
    Ganmas
    Lynxes
    Omegas
    Razors
    Sirius

I think no other vanilla in the game has so much 'exclusives' that are not present in any sectorial of their faction.

You could easily group those 9, add the shared package of psi-cops, remotes, lambdas, jackboots, ments and vidoqcs and have a functioning sectorial.

#484 Rabble, Mar 6, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Hmm, maybe they are in for a 3rd O-12 sectorial...?

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I had a feeling gamma, omega and others were not going to be in it. So, only moderately disappointed. I'm more disappointed in the small use of the REF units.

This is going to be an expensive sectorial. HI as the main core and it's the only core. Wow that's limited. One core, one haris, one duo.

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Greatest "Told you": Hyppolita is the only Vanilla unit, all the others are Starmada units XDDD

Also, the CB true fact: all reinforcements units go into the sectorial. ONLY 1 of EACH, so yeah, half the box would go to storage (but hey, the whole nightshade box can be used!).

Moreover, you can buy Hyppolita's box for 2 Eclipse Smoke templates at 20 within ZoC in the Core, and you only get 2 other units useless in Torchlight for the deal!

Captain Enoch
    https://www.comingsoon.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/09/Captain-Enoch.jpg?resize=300

BTB has a pretty precise copy... xD

The complain here is that half of generic O12 is in no sectorial, and it was expected by many to be able to use those troops in Torchlight.

What did you expect? Greeks?
    Also, consider that the troops look like MO, so it's easy to bet for the sword guys being around 18-20pts, and the three medabots kinda like 30-35ish.

8. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

I also expected many of them to be in it, even wrote some predictions, now rather void, in the unofficial discord. I would guess those units will find home in a potential third O-12 or Aleph sectorial Generally however, I'll not look too deep into availability and spread of units along sectorials unless 3 or more are present.

9. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

The thing that made my eyebrowes rise the most is, that the boxes contain 2 Vidocqs and 3 Jackboots. And both have AVA 1? Or did I overlook somethign`?

xagroth likes this.
  10. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Vidocq are AVA 2 and Jackboots AVA 3 (4 in reinforcements).

11. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Profiles.

snapshot8.jpg snapshot7.jpg snapshot6.jpg snapshot5.jpg snapshot4.jpg snapshot3.jpg

saint, Brokenwolf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

it hurt me seeing my N2, early N3 armies and now seeing this skill hoarders...

14. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Interesting. A mixture of Invincible and Military Orders. The Nimrods are super Intruders without camo. They were also definitely built to have a hacking weakness.

15. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Surprisingly tame.

16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Is that Full Auto lvl2 on Silverstar?

xagroth and Time Bandit like this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

What? This is powercreep from hell. The Prime costing less than a Kriza while he gets his old N3 skill and MSV1 and Tactical Awareness and BS14? Have you looked at the Striders for under 30 points? The Yellowjackets for under 30pts? I hate this so much.

18. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Surprisingly tame considering power creep was inevitable.

19. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

How on earth have we got full 2w infantry with skills and good stats at 18pts?

burlesford likes this.
  20. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Tanko have been a success story, so everyone gets them now.

Solar, xagroth, Urobros and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation