January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Wow. What a bunch of space marine ripoffs. Yeah, first the nuns, now that. Did they hire a designer that previously made GW proxies?

Modock and xagroth like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

If I would like to play Space Marines I'd play w40k.

I'm seriously not a fan of Torchlight. Part of this is because I really think this faction could've been an ema... an NA2 sectorial. Part of it is because it really moves further and further away from original Infinity aesthetics. It was easier to swallow with MO or SP (deliberate in-game anachronisms to evoke a historical theme amongst Human Sphere population), here it just looks out of place.

Gladius team on the other hand looks really, really good.

Bottom line is repeating myself, stop releasing more and more new stuff. This quantity started to negatively affect quality for some time now. Slow down and fix older stuff before releasing new one!

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Whlile Bakunin has its own unique flavour, I see A LOT of Grim Worship there too...

Lesh', Tristan228, Brokenwolf and 3 others like this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Torchlight doesn’t look too far off Maximus, maybe he’ll be in there.

saint likes this.
  5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Also, the Rasyat would like his pose and armour back. Thanks!

Lesh' and UpirLihi like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I don’t think they would be compared them to GW if they weren’t blue. I really don’t see it, and in fact they look cooler than any GW thing. I finally looked up this Helldiver thing, and the comparison is also off. Helldivers look like dollar store scifi guys to me. Boring AF. Not a game I’d play if it based on cool looking characters.

I like them. I don’t love them, but they might grow on me. Many of their figures do that for me.

I’m not a fan of the swords on the Hellblazers. Especially the arrow tips but those can be filed down.

I’m not sure how I feel the helmets of the Silverstars, but they can be clipped.

The Yellow Jacket is a bit odd. I can’t see his head very clearly.

The Strider is not bad but not amazing either.

Prime is not a TAG. He’s a Super Heavy like Sepulcher. I bit too bulky looking for my taste.

REF troops are all cool looking to me.

My main problem is going to be is Price. This is going to be an expensive Adepticon for me. I want the Gladius team but not positive on the TB. I want them but man that all together is going to be a big chunk of change.

7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Well... This is not what I would buy, but ok.
    The only thing, that makes me sad is a swords without scabbard. Again.
    May be I missed it, but poses not allowed to remove them that easily.
    I had some hopes, that at least O-12 follow technique of safety.

burlesford likes this.
  8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

i suppose the next will be PanO full of Tau Drones and exoarmors

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well if it means getting more Auxbot types... :P

Lesh' and Toth like this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

1) Hiring criminals while hiding it

2) Please do note that I mentioned that both Oktavia & Aida are SMUGGLERS, that is, active criminals.

Cube Jaegers are Tohaa, thus why I placed them there, while they are not (officially) part of Spiral Corps, bad press is bad press, so it would run counter towards "use betatroopers to disguise our reformed criminals" (again, a not very coherent concept becauseO12 could simply tell Aleph to prevent anybody to publish their rap sheet, not to mention giving them new IDs and good ol' new face trope).

Knauf is not a criminal, but a mercenary. Jethro's death cleared him from any possible accusation, that would track to the hexaedrom anyways.

Fun fact: I totally called the box would be most, if not all, new troops.
    And that it smelled SPEEEESH MEHREEEEEEN. Oh, well, at least they will take a year or more to make a Helldivers' "homage" (there's already STLs from the game in the net, so... XD).

Make'em cream& red and I would call Blood Ravens. Seriously, the blue is the LEAST of the problems, ALL primary colors have a First Founding SM chapter. Heck, I've even seen PINK Deathwatch armies, and Space Maids (the body is like a SM in power armor with the standard anime maid costume on top...).
    So yeah, the more space mariney, the more GW.

Meh, that's not a great problem if you carry space armor, magnetic clamps are a thing. Only you would use them for KNIFES (even oversized military ones) not swords... but if Corvus wanna be more GW, it's their choice of trench...

Daireann and Stiopa like this.
  11. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

If the Kahrus are what makes you think that PanO will slowly drift to Tau then I’m all-in as they are one the best looking miniatures of PanO imho.

When seeing the trend CB is taking with completely comically disproportionately huge swords I’m actually very glad that they recasted MO prior to taking this trend. They are realistic proportions and miniatures have the sheaths that come along the swords.

Those swords are just too stupid… How in a remotely conceivable fictional universe would anybody carry along those swords and shields and be somewhat battle ready?

I say it: stop this super stupid trend of huge swords

#351 Bignoob, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    Lesh', burlesford, archon and 4 others like this.
  12. Space Ranger

We should see profiles for the new guys about a week before Adepticon. That's what it's been before.

13. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I agree with the vocal majority that Torchlight looks way too close to a Grim Dark IP. It really does not fit, IMHO.

Oh, well. Here is hoping for some more Haqqislam later in May.

14. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

I think they look superb. Lovely designs with everything but the big chonk hitting it out of the park. Screw gw, cb have the right to design powerarmour units too, and these are head and shoulders above their marines. Yellowjacket in particular looks lush.

Very excited how they look in army now; HI line trooper o12 sectorial sounds superb, presumably with a top tier but expensive camo game (Lynx/ Razor/ Nightshade). Can't wait.

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Profiles Wed 6 March.

Brokenwolf, Space Ranger and Bignoob like this.
  16. Space Ranger

Cool! Thanks.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Gamma and Omega are not in the sectoral.

17. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

And Lynx, and Gangbusters, and Razers, and Sirius

xagroth likes this.
  18. Perseusrocks

Perseusrocks New Member

İ hated what i saw . İnfinity out of way for a while and this makes me sick.

Bignoob likes this.
  19. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I am in team nope with this sectorial design. The only model I like is the nimrod. Classic sleek sniper with camo cloak.

The rest... eh... not really my thing and in more ways than one.

The line infantry is either medium or heavy, which is interesting gamewise, but put their silhouette in comparison with a mobile brigadier or a bolt and the enormous crests and the bulky shoulders and weird exhausts stand out significantly. If that is some jump gear, then compare with the 'cats or even yuan yuans... Still significantly bulkier. That's where people start comparisons with GW.

Yellowjackets are definitely jump troops, but are also very bulky around the head and shoulders, which gives them almost headless silhouette and the tactical rock trick is old.

Hellblazers come with a sword and the nowadays popular in the Human Sphere Hungarian-like shield (see azrail for example) which makes me think someone got inspired by Gladiatoria (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Jagiellonian_Ms.Germ.Quart.16_(Gladiatoria)_55r_-_Messer_and_Hungarian_shield.jpg/1280px-Jagiellonian_Ms.Germ.Quart.16_(Gladiatoria)_55r_-_Messer_and_Hungarian_shield.jpg). The issue here is that the proportions of the weapons and backpack are close to Warhammer than to usual infinity. This fantasy sword thing started with the penitent and really needs to go, it's weird when combined with the rest of the designs in the setting. Just check how many people kitbashed new weapons on the penitents.

Silverstar - absolutely the same and even more egregious problem with that flamer and nonsensical sword. This sword actually existed in Congo (called ikakalaka), for a very short period and in isolated regions. Obviously why. I guess they will get some African ancestry like the nyokas, but even then, this is a very ridiculous weapon design to pick. And scale up so much.

Finally striders are...okay. Shieldless lobos, kind of, and that's it. They are way above the average for this sectorial and well, it is surprising.

This said, I don't think CB is just plunging down in design quality across the board, just that this design direction went downhill and endes in a soulslike swamp of grotesqueries. The rest of the bundle is quite cool.

The LE bounty hunter is vastly different from the others, yet conveys well what he is. The three jackboots are sleek, diverse from each other and seem to have the short coats as a defining feature. The older engineer has great face. Badass tomboy/punky ladies will divide the audience, but they feel like the right way to do eye candy and the poses aren't really fanservicy. Slimmer profiles and action poses are nice. Tactical rock is a bit excessive, but at least it is a full platform, not half platform. And I expect it to be siocast and removable like the cateran.

burlesford, xagroth, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  20. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Haahahaahaàaahhu

Also as a casual viewer of GW I don't see the obsession. Other than the human mind determined to see patterns that don't exist. Not that I find most of them to be compelling

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation