January>Avril 2024: A new Infinity year full of "magic"

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Dec 5, 2023.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Can't cite the list without humongous logo images, so...
    • Ajax: new model, yeah, but... Hippolita tends to be more survivable due to Eclipse, non-hackable, etc..., the Big Guy needs coming back however.
    • Teucer: does he even fit in competitive lists anymore? In non-competitive anything fits, so please let's stick to the playable parts as ,uch as possible
    • Atalanta: still on production, BADLY placed in the store, like Achilles they don't show as Aleph's troops, she could use a new model, however, hopefully without the tinbot increasing the money cost.
    • Drakios: same as Teucer, he's more of an Acontecimiento guy sadly.
    • Penny: Bootleg model is more sellable, and it also "encourages" to buy JSA cyberpunkish bikers to swap bikes.
    • Hippolita: she would be welcomed as a separate model, but I'm not sure it's a priority there for CB since it sells O12's boxes.
    Still missing: Netrods, Agema Missile Launcher (keep the Mk12, thanks), and Pandora. A new Thorakitai box may be nice, but I'm not seeing any space for thorakitai at all in current SP lists.
    Thematically I can see an Ajax + Teucer + Hippolita for example, and another of Agema ML + Atalanta + 2 Netrods, but chances are we'll see an Atalanta + Teucer + Agema ML, and an Ajax + Pandora, with maybe hippolita too, instead of Pandora, or whatever. Dunno where to fit the netrods.

2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

you are making a terrible mistake: thinking that troop use percentage and figures releases are correlatives

xagroth likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Another mistake is thinking that top tier player troop use percentage and average troop use percentage corelate.

That is not always the case.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

As we have seen many many times, CB doesn't always come out with the "competitive" troops. Otherwise they can just stop right now because none of what is left of SP is "competitive". Ajax will sell mostly on coolness factor. But they need to sell minis and I think there will be a revolt it it's only Nomads and Combined again and again.

5. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

I for the most part quite like the new models.

As a Haqq player however I am a little bit disapointed that the Azrail only has the puny spitfire. I absolutely loved the old model with the feuerbach and I wouldve given my left little toe to get a hold of this model. Imo one of the coolest poses out there. But I still like the new model.

Maximus also looks really cool, like a buzz lightyear on steroids.

The Anathematic (?) also represents a nice update to the old model I guess, however I am generally not really into the CA aesthetic. However what I did notice was that the way the the armour parts are arranged suggests that there is actually a complete red glowing body below the black armor panels. I always thought that the previous models of the S5 and upwards CA models suggested that they were some kind of symbiosis between black machine metal parts and then these red glowing muscle fibers to connect those black parts. But again, I have never been much of a fan of the CA lookswise, and thats okay.

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

7. Space Ranger

Anyone know the buildings in the background of the Varangain?

8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Glad to hear they're supporting the community with the global week. Now if only they'd love the community enough to also listen to them about the state of the game...

xagroth and Lesh' like this.
  9. archon

archon Well-Known Member

There are no buildings in his background. If you mean the Lasiq, its Black Wind scenery.

Why we the put Haq and Aleph again in the ITS box? They were in 14 already. In my opinon the lim.ed. versions of the TAGs not trigger me much. The orig. Agamemnons Hammer-pose is a bit akward, but his aiming pose is boring. Same for the Marut in the 14 box. Sadly you can not play Aggi twice. Lasiq is nice!

10. Odiseo

Odiseo ㅤㅤㅤ

The «buildings» are just Warsenal's Crates:
    2_72c0eb1b-6993-4266-8001-f05ec6479dea.jpg

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

So patches are Agamemnon, Hoplites, Gunnar, Lasiqs, and one that is vaguely nomadish in colours. Order tokens are Exrah, at least one of them. Silhouette markers are xeodron and Agamemnon. Badge is Exrah. Keychain is some kind of pistol, that I can't identify. Coins have an ITS side, the rest is pretty much unseen. And hexagonal thing is hexagonal thing.

12. Space Ranger

ah thanks. I thought they looked strange but not it makes sense lol.

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

14. Space Ranger

I wouldn't have the hammer myself. It just looks wrong.

xagroth, csjarrat and Chaserabinov like this.
  15. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

Exactly, it just dosent fit the rest of the model. Just looks like a last minut add-on, that wasn`t given enough consideration.

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

If the hammer is a separate piece then it's an easy fix - just don't attach it. However what bugs me the most with this sculpt is the lower shin/ankle. That piece of armour shouldn't be so flexible. I know many other heavy armour and TAGs have this "cheat" but never this obvious.

17. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

How does he supposed to grab the hammer from its back? Pretty sure his arms dont reach that far back.
    Would look better if it was upside down, so he would just reach it above the head.

18. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

My main issue is that there is a hammer in the first place. Agamemnon's signature weapon from the Iliad is by far the javelin, so much that when he shows to the commemorative games for Patroclus, he is just handed the first prize by default and everybody else tries for second. Why give Steel Phalanx Agamemnon such a bulky, odd hammer with the lackluster DA CC rules?!

RolandTHTG, burlesford and Lesh' like this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, the general direction of the sculpts is away from scifi/cyberpunk and towards scifantasy. Not appreciated.

xagroth, Graves, Tristan228 and 3 others like this.
  20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The currently available general release model has the same hammer:
    [​IMG]

This is an alternate sculpt in a limited tourney kit, same as the Marut last year. I actually like the firing pose, and omitting the hammer shouldn’t be difficult.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation